Change of Personal Details Request for Former Students
Section 1: Change of name, courtesy title, date of birth
The changes you request need to be validated either by submitting an original document from the approved list to be viewed by staff, or by submitting a copy certified by a Justice of the Peace, a Notary Public, a Consular Official, or a Commissioner for Taking Affidavits, of ONE of the following documents:
- Birth Certificate;
- Marriage Certificate;
- Drivers Licence;
- Certificate of Change of Name, issued by the Principal, Registry Office of Births, Deaths and Marriages;
- An official Hong Kong or Singapore Government ID card for citizens of those countries.
Please note the following cultural and administrative observances:
- After marriage, you can claim your spouse’s last name, or retain your current last name. Requests to record a new last name comprising both married and unmarried name, will require an official ‘Change of Name’ certified by the Principal, Registry Office of Births, Deaths and Marriages, Office of Consumer and Business Affairs.
- Where an official document is submitted that is different to the details requested on your form, your name(s) will be recorded using the details on the documentation provided for legal compliance.
- Other documents are not accepted eg Certificate of Citizenship.
- Names longer than 90 characters need to be truncated to fit our recording system. We will contact you to discuss options.
- Anomalies created by a data entry error may be amended without notice during routine checks.
- If you have a Higher Education Contribution Scheme (HECS) debt with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), ensure you contact them about changes to your personal details.