New Zealand Citizens
In addition to accessing CSP, some New Zealand citizens can also access HELP loans.
To be eligible for a HELP loan, you must:
- Be a New Zealand Special Category visa (SCV) holder or formerly be a Special Category visa holder and on a pathway to Australian citizenship; and
- Meet ALL of the long-term residency requirements; and
- Be living in Australia while you study.
The long term residency requirements for New Zealand SCV holders (and former SCV holders) are that you:
- First began to be usually resident in Australia at least 10 years ago,
- Were a child under the age of 18 with no spouse or de facto partner when you first began to be usually resident in Australia, and
- Have been in Australia for at least:
- a total of eight out of the past 10 years (from when you apply for the loan), and
- a total of 18 months out of the last two years (from when you apply for the loan).
You will need to email the following forms of evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org at the time of application for HELP, to demonstrate that you meet the eligibility criteria:
- Current New Zealand passport
- International Movements Record (available to request from the Department of Home Affairs (DHA))