Publishing Research Data in figshare
The University encourages researchers to share their data publically while acknowledging that there may be reasons why this cannot occur.
Before you place your data/ metadata in any data repository you must ensure that you are permitted to do so in accordance with any legal, ethical, funding, publication, confidentiality or contractual obligations associated with the data.
Policies and guidelines
You must ensure sharing of any data or metadata is in accordance with the relevant policies and guidelines as follows:
- Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research
- The University of Adelaide Responsible Conduct of Research Policy
- The University of Adelaide Research Data and Primary Materials Policy
- Promotion of Applied Research Outcomes - University of Adelaide Guidelines
- National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research (2007)
- The Privacy Act 1988
Questions to consider before publishing
Collaborative research questions
Ethics, privacy and sensitive data questions
Contractual arrangements questions
Prior published items
Be aware that you may not be able to publish an article in your journal of choice if content has been previously published elsewhere. For example, research data or conference posters/ presentations.What should you do to be sure?
Selecting a licence for your Data
If you upload your data to Figshare, by default it will be published under a CC-BY licence. Check whether you need to choose a different licence category that will apply additional conditions for re-use - for example, about how the data can be used, how to attribute/acknowledge the data owner, etc.