The University of Adelaide issues identification cards as proof of enrolment.

Your card may entitle you to the following:

Your first card is provided free-of-charge. You must bring photo identification and have completed your enrolment for the full academic year, not just the first study period, to collect one. Full-time student cards are revalidated each year. 

Expiry date

The expiry date of each card is located below the photo. Complete your full academic year enrolment before visiting us for a new concession sticker.

You can collect a new sticker from these locations:

  • Ask Adelaide, Level 3 Hub Central, North Terrace campus
  • Student Services Office, Roseworthy campus

Replacement card

If you change your name, change your photograph, damage or lose your card, you can purchase a replacement card.

Please select carefully as there are no refunds. We are unable to issue a replacement card if you do not have enrolment in the current study period. Once your request has been placed, your old card will be voided. 


$25 Replacement ID card
$12 Need it fast? Upgrade to express processing. Express requests will be processed on the same business day, if requested before 1 pm (Adelaide time).

Buy replacement ID card 

Travel concessions

If you are a full-time student, your card may entitle you to travel at concessionary fares on public bus, train and tram services in South Australia. You should carry your card with you at all times and you may be asked to show your card by an authorised person when travelling on a bus, train or tram.

Remote students

If you are a remote student and you don't have any classes on campus, and are unable to visit any of our locations, you can request for your first card to be posted to you. If your current card has expired, you can request for a new expiry sticker to be posted to you. Postage is available within Australia only.