ID cards service update
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, express processing is currently unavailable. We may also encounter service disruptions over the coming months.
Please contact us for further information.
The University of Adelaide issues identification cards as proof of enrolment.
Your card may entitle you to the following:
- access to buildings
- access to printing and photocopying facilities
- computer suite access
- borrowing rights in our libraries and affiliated libraries
- identification during examinations
- travel concessions (full-time students only)
- other student discounts
Your first card is provided free-of-charge. You must bring photo identification and have completed your enrolment for the full academic year, not just the first study period, to collect one. Full-time student cards are revalidated each year.
During the current COVID-19 restrictions, please be aware of the following:
- If you are required to come on campus for study, you will be asked to present in person to collect your card.
- If you are self isolating and studying at home, unless you require a card for exceptional circumstances, these requests will be put on hold and processed when students return to campus.
If you require a replacement ID card, please contact us to discuss collection options.
The expiry date of each card is located below the photo. Complete your full academic year enrolment before visiting us for a new concession sticker.
You can collect a new sticker from these locations:
- Ask Adelaide, Level 3 Hub Central, North Terrace campus
- Ask Adelaide, Waite Hub, Lower Ground McLeod House, Waite campus
- Student Services Office, Roseworthy campus
If you change your name, change your photograph, damage or lose your card, a replacement can be requested through our online shop ($25).
Please select carefully as there are no refunds. We are unable to issue a replacement card if you do not have enrolment in the current study period. Once your request has been placed, your old card will be voided.
If you are a full-time student, your card may entitle you to travel at concessionary fares on public bus, train and tram services in South Australia. You should carry your card with you at all times and you may be asked to show your card by an authorised person when travelling on a bus, train or tram.
If you are a remote student and you don't have any classes on campus, and are unable to visit any of our locations, you can request for your first card to be posted to you. If your current card has expired, you can request for a new expiry sticker to be posted to you. Postage is available within Australia only.
Please note that students studying from home due to the current COVID-19 situation are not considered remote students and at this time we are not able to send your first card out to you.