Building Access

Most University buildings are secured with an access control system administered by the Infrastructure Branch. 

Your staff, visitor or student ID card will come pre-programmed with access to buildings, rooms and laboratories required for your studies or employment (provided your faculty, school, department or admin area has submitted a building access request prior to you commencing). If additional building access is required, complete the Access Request Form (staff and visitors) or contact your faculty or school office (students).

Building access requests typically take 2-3 business days to process.

For more information refer to the Access Control Guidelines or contact your access control delegate (last updated 26 March 2024).

  • Changes to departmental Access Control Delegates

    To update or make changes to your department's access control delegates please download and complete the Access Control Delegate Authorisation Form

  • Temporary building access

    Keys and building access cards for most buildings can be obtained from the Security Office at each campus. These must be returned daily. In some cases, Security may need to provide personal access to a building or room.

    Contractors needing access to secured areas should request access through their University representative.

    For more information about building access email

  • Disability access

    The Infrastructure Branch is committed to providing equity of access (or universal access) to all students, staff and visitors to the University of Adelaide. Equity of access is of core consideration across all University campuses.

    If you are a student with a disability or medical condition that impacts on your mobility around campus, or your ability to manage stairs, we encourage you to register with Disability Support as soon as possible. A disability advisor will meet with you to discuss your specific requirements, and work out suitable solutions. 

    If you are a staff member with a disability or medical condition that impacts on your mobility, please contact the University's HR branch

  • Key and lock requests

    The Security Office can provide advice on electronic and mechanical access control systems where required. Installation quotes can be requested online

    To request a new key or to report damage to a lock, make a Service Request.