A beautiful new exercise studio is the focal point of the refurbishment of the Lady Symon building, taking advantage of the buildings's elegance and heritage features.
An important project in the reactivation of the Union House precinct, the refurbishment of the Lady Symon building was affected by the coronavirus situation, with some of the planned works being deferred. Despite a reduced scope and budget, the project has delivered a multi-purpose studio and event space, improved operational efficiencies and energy savings, and greater connectivity with Union House.
- Location: Lady Symon building, North Terrace Campus
- Size: 200 m2
- Cost: $2.3 million
- Completed: August 2020
- Architect: Swanbury Penglase
- Multi-purpose exercise and studio space
- Improved operational efficiencies and energy savings through the use of central plant for air conditioning
- Restoration of heritage features complimenting the iconic Cloisters
Photo credit: Image of the Lady Symon building exercise studio by Swanbury Penglase.