The Mawson Corner redevelopment has transformed an under-utilised corner of the North Terrace campus and enhanced the north eastern gateway.
The first project associated with the Public Realm Strategy involved removing and relocating the original boundary fence to make the campus more welcoming and enhance connectivity with the city. The lush space now provides a fresh view of the campus from Botanic High School and a social space for staff, students and members of the public to enjoy.
- Location: corner of Frome Road and Victoria Drive, North Terrace Campus.
- Size: 1,100 m2
- Cost: $850,000
- Completed: January 2020
- Architect/landscape design: Oxigen
- Enhanced pedestrian access to the North Terrace campus
- Grassed area, picnic table, bench seating and a bookable BBQ
- Event services (power and water)
To book the Mawson Corner BBQ and space for your next event, contact Facilities Bookings.