UniSpace is the University’s single port of call for all space-related information.
- Interactive campus maps
- Building floor plans
- Space occupancy data
- Space charging information
- UniSpace Archives
- The Service Desk App, used for creating service requests
- The Asset Management App, used for viewing and managing physical assets
- The Project Management Console, used for managing projects.
There are different levels of UniSpace access.
All staff have access to maps and work request information using their University ID number.
Select faculty and divisional staff have access to data to support space charging decisions, relocations and refurbishments.
Students, volunteers, contractors and consultants can be granted access if required.
Email email@example.com for information and assistance, including to:
- request UniSpace access or training
- report a problem with the display of maps or information
- reset your UniSpace password
- locate a document, person or data
- import data into UniSpace.
There are charges applied to all internal space occupied by a faculty, division or operational unit. Charges cover room rent, electricity and cleaning. The ‘space charging model’ applies to all University owned and leased buildings, and is determined based on the room type, condition and occupancy.
To find the rental charge of a room, go to UniSpace Home and select View Room Data. The columns on the far right identify the Space Charge Status (included or excluded) along with applicable charges.
If the room function, condition, occupancy or area changes, there will be an impact on the space charge. Most room changes as a result of refurbishments or renovations, are notified to the UniSpace team by Infrastructure staff. Other changes (e.g. addition of a work station or change in room type) must be notified to the UniSpace team by the school or area.
Space can be requested or relinquished by a school or area.
To request additional space, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include;
- Name of requestor
- Department or area
- Contact details
- Description of the space required and the proposed use e.g. 3 offices for staff members
- Desired location and relationship with others e.g. Napier/Ligertwood, access to Law Library
- When the space is required
- For how long
- Whose authority this request is being made on behalf of.
A cost estimate will be provided.
Manage service requests
Manage space data
You can view and manage space, building and occupancy data from the UniSpace home screen, through UniSpace Maps and via the Space Console.
UniSpace Maps can only be accessed on an Apple device using ‘Puffin Web Browser’. It does not work using any other browser.
To export space data:
- Select View Site/Building/Room Data
- In the top right corner, select DOCX or XLS
You can store and manage assets (i.e. buildings and equipment) data from the UniSpace HOME screen. Search for assets by location, status, type and standard, view the condition of assets or service contract expiry date.
You can view and download old floor plans, building specifications, manuals, reports and photos in UniSpace archives. These documents are generally used by contractors and consultants, for maintenance or building work.
UniSpace archives can only be accessed using Internet Explorer. It does not work using any other browser.
To arrange access for a contractor or consultant, email email@example.com.
UniSpace reference material
- User Guide - Access to Applications
- User Guide - Maintenance Work Orders (MWO) for Contractors
- User Guide - Password Manager
- User Guide - Service Requests
- User Guide - UniSpace Archive Installation
- User Guide - UniSpace Archive
- User Guide - UniSpace Maps
- User Manual - UniSpace Maps
- User Guide - Facilities & Assets Management
- User Guide - Preventative Maintenance
- User Guide - Project Management
- User Guide - Space Console Space
- User Guide - Space Console Occupancy
- User Guide - Space Charging Model
- User Guide - Space Charging Rental Charge Methodology
- User Guide - UniSpace Power BI Reports