Unibar and Cloisters
The historic Memorial Cloisters has been redeveloped to create a new and multi-dimensional UniBar and entertainment venue for students, staff and the general public.
The project marked the beginning of the Union House precinct transformation, which included major upgrades to the heritage building and surrounding landscape, and creation of unique, bookable spaces to support student clubs and enable a range of cultural events and activities on campus.
The new UniBar improves connectivity between indoor and outdoor spaces, and has resulted in an influx of people to the lower half of the campus.
- Location: The Cloisters and ground floor Union House, North Terrace Campus
- Cost: $5 million
- Architect: Swanbury Penglase
- Creation of a versatile new bar and café
- New and expanded landscaping to the north and east of Union House
- Increased electrical capacity and festoon lighting in the courtyard
- Creation of an exercise studio
- Co-location of key student services
Completed: February 2019