Employers, Industry & Recruiters
The University of Adelaide seeks to graduate the next generation of leaders, equipped to take on the challenges of our future with a sense of global citizenship.
As an employer, recruiter or industry body, you naturally want to see graduates and students well prepared to help your organisation grow - and you want to make connections with those who'll be the best fit for your team.
Our objectives are linked with your own, so we put every bit as much thought and energy into helping you achieve your goals as we do for our students.
As a central service, we operate across every discipline on offer at the University and our team can connect you with students at all year levels, including graduates up to 12-months after completion.
CareerHub is the University of Adelaide online platform where employers can share graduate jobs, internships, vacation programs, competitions, events and more with our students directly. The platform is free and easy for use and involves creating an organisation profile and listing opportunities that relate to a students studies and career development.
If your organisation already has a profile on CareerHub you simply need to log in with the username and password. If you are unsure of these details, or wish to be added to an existing account, please contact our team directly.
Career Expo and Grow Your Career Week
We run an annual Careers Expo in March. Meet future talent, showcase opportunities and build awareness for your long term talent pipeline.
This event is specifically designed to showcase career opportunities, Graduate Programs, Internship Employment opportunities and related career development services from professional associations.
Open to local, national and international organisations, our virtual format allows you to engage our students, no matter your location.
Grow Your Career Week
Grow Your Career Week is the second largest annual event run by our team in August.
The week consists of inspiring, engaging and insightful events, activations and presentations from industry leaders and guest speakers across a range of careers and employability related topics.
Throughout the year our team is on the look out for new and engaging session themes and speakers who want to connect with students. This can include career journeys, advice, themed presentations and more. If you have an idea or would like to be involved as a speaker or presenter then please get in touch with our team.
The next Grow Your Career Week will take place in August 2021 as a hybrid Virtual/Campus event. We look forward to sharing more information and in the meanwhile, have a look at the 2020 event page.
About our students
Our students span across five faculties and we offer both undergraduate and postgraduate coursework as well as research pathways. These faculties are:
- ECMS (Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematical Sciences)
- Health and Medical Sciences
We recommend that employers look into the disciplines on offer at the University of Adelaide via our online Degree Finder to determine if we have the targeted cohort to suit your recruitment plans.
Tailored engagement strategies
Just as University of Adelaide graduates have the skills to adapt and excel in a rapidly changing world, we routinely adapt our student-engagement approach to meet different employers' needs. Whatever your strategic objectives, we can tailor our service to suit, ensuring you have the perfect showcase for your unique workplace culture, areas of expertise and employment opportunities.
From mentoring programs and campus presentations, to site-tours and competitions - there are many ways in which we encourage employers to get creative in your engagement strategies.
Things to consider
In preparing to explore your organisation's options for engaging with University of Adelaide students, we are keen to learn and work with you to determine:
- what disciplines you'd like to target
- how our students and graduates fit with your organisation's strategy and future jobs
- when your recruitment opportunities will likely arise, and how much lead time you are working with to attract your ideal applicants
- whether you have any Adelaide graduates already on-staff who'd be willing to present, get involved or host sessions
- how you can best convey to students your organisations culture.
Contact us to discuss your tailored engagement strategy.
Ideas for student engagement
Having collaborated with industry employers countless times before to stage student engagement events and activities, we know what works. Some of our most effective, ongoing options include:
- Lunch and Learn sessions: Presenting students with interesting, relevant information to digest over a meal never fails. Encouraging attendance is easy. Engagement's high.
- Leading the Way conversations: A single, intimate chat with one of your leaders could inspire our students for life. Openly sharing your journey and insights created powerful, lasting connections.
- A Day in the Life presentations: Do you already employ an Adelaide graduate? Why not have them come in to describe a day in their professional life for our students of today. Students are always keen to get first-hand info from someone they can relate to.
- Interactive sessions: Giving students the chance to try their hands at real, professional tasks is a great way to get them involved and excited. Keep it fun and they'll keep coming.
- Pop-up shops: This is a great option if you want to talk careers, competitions and more with students across multiple disciplines. With a temporary presence in Hub Central or Ingkarni Wardli - our prime student meeting spaces - you'll have access to hundreds of students daily.
We absolutely understand the need to clearly differentiate your brand in our students' minds. So if you'd like to demonstrate your commitment to innovation and creativity by doing something unique, don't hesitate. So long as it's relevant and benefits our students, we'll help you make it happen.
Ready to talk? Contact our team to discuss your tailored engagement strategy.
Career Mentoring Programs
Do you remember what it was like to start your first job out of University? The challenges, the highlights and the lessons learned since then? Now’s your chance to share this knowledge! Help students prepare for their career – be a career mentor.
Mentoring is a learning relationship between individuals focused on the mentee’s development and goals. As someone who has “been there before”, you will be able to assist current students in developing the confidence, knowledge and skills required to make a successful transition into industry.
Career mentoring can result in increased knowledge of the current job market, confidence and lifelong career management skills.
The programs that you can get involved in vary:
- Our flagship program Career Access Mentoring involves at least four meetings over approximately two months, and focuses on a student’s professional development journey.
- The ‘A Coffee With…’ program involves a single one-on-one meeting with a student, and is a less formal opportunity to share knowledge in a specific area.
- Our newest program, our International Alumni Mentoring Program partners international students with international alumni who are able to guide them through their student journey.
- We co-create Bespoke Industry Mentoring Programs for organisations or industry bodies who are looking to dedicate specific time to a cohort of University of Adelaide students. Recruitment Managers, Learning and Development Managers and Technical Leaders are encouraged to speak to us about this unique offering.
Participation is based on your availability and student demand at different periods throughout the year. Register your details to stay informed about future mentoring opportunities.
Want to learn more about Mentoring? Read our FAQs.
Advertising general casual jobs
We able to assist you with recruitment when we can draw a link between the opportunity on offer and a discipline of coursework or study at the University.
However, if you have jobs and opportunities that are more 'general' you may be referred to the Adelaide University Union who run a general uni-jobs and volunteer listing portal. Please note that fees may apply for this service with the AUU.