Meet Our team
Career Services at the University of Adelaide are an award winning team, boasting professionals from a range of backgrounds who work to support students and industry.
Our team are here to help:
- Students and graduates with career guidance and resources up to one year after completion of study,
- Employers, industry and recruiters to connect with the student body, student societies and academic colleagues,
- and academic and professional colleagues to deliver career education program and connect with our employer network.
As the Director of Career Services, Sue has worked in the career development field for over a decade and is the current President of NAGCAS SA. Sue holds qualifications in Education, Recreation and Sports Management and Career Development, as well as research including the impact of relocation on career outcomes and the effect that typology has on career and life choices.
Manager of International Development and Partnerships
Tony is passionate about providing international students with career development support to facilitate their pathway to employment both in Australia and overseas. In 2015, Tony designed and developed the successful China Career Ready Plus (CCR+) program which was the first of its kind in Australia. Graduating with a Master in Computer Science from the University of Adelaide, Tony has an in-depth understanding of the employment challenges facing international students.
Careers Education Officer
Michelle is a committed careers education professional and her focus is on enabling students to articulate their professional skills, values and attributes allowing them to complete globally in the labour market. Michelle holds a Masters in Arts (Economics and Japanese) from the University of Edinburgh and also has post grad qualification in career development. With a strong international background, Michelle also designs and delivers workshops tailored to the career development needs of international students.
Careers Education Officer
Fiona holds a postgraduate qualification in Career Development in addition to a Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Commerce. Fiona is extremely passionate about helping individuals with their career development and seeing them flourish from students into graduates. As a recipient of the NAGCAS Best Practice Award for 2015, Fiona is deeply knowledgeable about career pathways and development. Her breadth of experience assists students to explore their full career potential and develop their employability.
Careers Education Officer
Melanie is a career development practitioner, experienced in working with tertiary students and graduates. Her philosophy centres on providing students and graduates with the tools and encouragement that enable them to actively and successfully take control and manage their own career development. Melanie graduated from the University of Adelaide with a Bachelor of Arts, majoring in Psychology and English.
Employer & Student Liaison Officer
Amanda is an experienced careers educator and graduate recruiter with a background in marketing, communications and human resources. As a former Committee Member of AAGE, Amanda also holds a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Communication Studies.
Careers Support Officer
Tamara is an experienced project officer with a background in empowering young people through education, connection and storytelling. She hold a Bachelor of Health Sciences, majoring in Indigenous Health and Health Promotion from the University of Adelaide.
Career Mentoring Programs Coordinator
Kym is an experienced university and industry manager, with extensive program and project management experience across sectors. He is responsible for the project management of the university’s flagship Career Access Mentoring Program. Amongst Kym’s diverse experiences, he has been an Academic Division Manager, Faculty General Manager, Academic Registrar (Engineering), Business/School Manager, and adjunct academic (law & information technology). From an industry perspective, Kym has been a government project manager and strategy adviser (information technology), IT corporation Executive General Manager, and commercial lawyer and corporate counsel (with intellectual property expertise). He holds a doctorate (PhD) and qualifications in law, computer science, and science and technology commercialisation.
Project Coordinator (International Development)
Julia is currently managing international projects to improve career opportunities for international students. Using her high-level project management and relationship building skills, her role focuses on facilitating employability initiatives through collaboration between industry and the university. She completed a Masters Degree at the University of Adelaide in 2012, majoring in Accounting and Marketing.
Project Officer (Global Employer Branding)
Joanne is a highly experienced communications professional with expertise in educational marketing, graphics and multimedia design. In her current position in the international careers team, she is responsible for external employers and program branding. She graduated with a Bachelor of Tourism and Event Management from the University of South Australia as well as a Higher Diploma of Graphic design in Hong Kong.
Careers Information Officer
Phoebe is the Careers Information Officer in the team, she is the first point of call for enquiries into the Careers Service from a wide range of customers. As the primary focus, this role provides career related information to students and industry on a daily basis. Phoebe graduated from the University of Adelaide with a Master of Education degree.
- 2020 Best University Careers Service Finalist, AAGE Graduate Recruitment Industry Awards
- 2020 Australian Financial Review Most Employable University Award Finalist, GradConnection Top100
- 2019 University Career Service Best Practice, China Career Development Award Winner - Global University Career Development Conference
- 2019 Australian Financial Review Most Employable University Award Finalist, GradConnection Top100
- 2018 University Career Service Best Practice, China Career Development Award Winner - Global University Career Development Conference
- 2017 Australian Financial Review Higher Education Award Winner – International Education
- 2017 National Best Practice Award Winner, NAGCAS (National Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services)
- 2016 Best University Careers Service Finalist, AAGE Graduate Recruitment Industry Awards
- 2015 Best University Careers Service Winner, AAGE Graduate Recruitment Industry Awards
- 2015 National Best Practice Award Winner, NAGCAS (National Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services)
- 2014 Best University Careers Service Finalist, AAGE Graduate Recruitment Industry Awards
- 2013 Best University Careers Service Finalist, AAGE Graduate Recruitment Industry Awards
- 2013 National Best Practice Award Winner, NAGCAS (National Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services)
- 2010 National Career Week Event Winner, Australian Federal Government
- 2009 National Best Practice Award Winner, NAGCAS (National Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services)