Ms Anne Ellershaw
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 4171|
Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences
Worked over 15 years in the Australian Bureau of Statistics in Canberra, Melbourne & Adelaide assisting in the design and development of National surveys. In her current role at ARCPOH where Anne has been employed for 9 years, she has played a major role in the development and implementation of 4 National Dental Telephone Interview Surveys. She has also developed the sample designs for the NSW and QLD Child Dental Health Surveys and weighted the survey data.
Expertise in all facets of survey design including sample design, sample frame creation, sample selection, questionnaire design, data capture systems including programming WINCATI software to capture data via telephone interview, output processing and production of reports to present research findings.
Expertise in SAS programming to implement sample design and selection, data editing and classification, weighting of samples and data analysis using a range of statistical techniques including logistic regression, poisson regression, linear regression, multinomial regression and standardisation.
Peer review involvement
She has reviewed journal articles for the Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology journal.
Honours degree in Mathematical Statistics majoring in Applied Mathematics & Statistics at the University of Adelaide.
· Investigating the relationship between dental visiting patterns and oral health outcomes
· Monitoring trends in the dental visiting patterns of children & adults
· Identifying groups in the Australian population who experience barriers to accessing dental care
Co-authored publications which form part of the AIHW Dental Statistics and Research series and ARCPOH Population Oral Health Series. These publications were sourced from the National Dental Telephone Interview Survey and Child Dental Health Survey. A selection of publications is provided below:
· Brennan DS & Ellershaw AC 2012. Insurance and use of dental services: National Dental Telephone Interview Survey 2010. Dental statistics and research series no. 62. Cat. No. DEN 219. Canberra: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare.
· Mejia GC, Amarasena N, Ha DH, Roberts-Thomson KF & Ellershaw AC 2012. Child Dental Health Survey Australia 2007: 30-year trends in child oral health. Dental statistics and research series no. 60. Cat. no. DEN 217. Canberra: AIHW.
· Stewart JF & Ellershaw AC 2012. Oral health and use of dental services 2008. Findings from the National Dental Telephone Interview Survey2008. Dental statistics and research series no. 58. Cat. No. DEN 216. Canberra: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare.
· Ellershaw AC & Spencer AJ 2011. Dental attendance patterns and oral health status. Dental statistics and research series no. 57. Cat no. DEN 208. Canberra: AIHW.
· Harford JE, Ellershaw AC & Spencer AJ 2011. Trends in access to dental care among Australian adults 1994-2008. Dental statistics and research series no. 55. Cat no. DEN 204. Canberra: AIHW.
· Ellershaw AC & Spencer AJ 2009. Trends in access to dental care among Australian children. Dental statistics and research series no. 51. Cat no. DEN 198. Canberra: AIHW.
· Slade GD, Roberts-Thomson KF & Ellershaw AC. Survey aims and methods, Chapter 2. Slade GD, Spencer AJ, Roberts-Thomson KF (Editors). Australia’s dental generations: the National Survey of Adult Oral Health 2004-06. AIHW cat. No. DEN 165. Canberra: AIHW. 2007. p11-36.
· Ellershaw AC, Spencer AJ, Slade GD. Oral health in South Australia 2004. Population Oral Health Series no. 4 AIHW cat. no. POH 4.
Co-authored Data Watch articles published in the Australian Dental Journal.
· ARCPOH, Spencer AJ, Ellershaw AC (2011). Chronic disease and the use of dental services in Australia. Australian Dental Journal (Data Watch) V56, issue 3, p336-340, Sept 2011.
· ARCPOH and Ellershaw AC (Oral health and access to dental care in Australia – comparisons by level of education. Australian Dental Journal (Data Watch) V51, issue 4, p342-345.
· ARCPOH and Ellershaw AC (2005). Oral health and access to dental care in Australia – comparisons by cardholder status and geographic region. Australian Dental Journal (Data Watch) V50, issue 4, p282-285.
· ARCPOH, Harford JE, Ellershaw AC and Stewart J (2004). Access to dental care in Australia. Australian Dental Journal (Data Watch) V49, issue 4, p206-208.
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Thursday, 9 Aug 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/anne.ellershaw