Your email account is integral to everyday life at the University - everything from enrolment and course information to general University updates are sent via your email account. It’s also a great place to keep in touch with fellow staff and students.
Mailing lists (staff only)
University email lists are managed via an online application called Mailman – allowing you to decide what kind of content you receive. Choose to be sent only factual information about enrolments and courses or include another list to receive more general information, including news from the Adelaide University Union and its affiliates.
Secure email filtering
Keeping our email system secure (Click for FAQ)
- A new email filtering system has been put into place – it is called Mimecast
- The new system is robust, performs sophisticated filtering, and integrates well with other recent security updates
- All incoming and outgoing emails are filtered for malicious or phishing messages, spam, and other security-related issues. If nothing suspicious is detected, your email(s) will be delivered normally. If a message is suspicious, it will be held for you and you will receive an automated email asking you to make a decision about its safety
- Notifications for held messages will be sent each morning, and each hour during business hours. You will only receive a notification if a message is being held for you.
Acting on suspicious emails - it's your call
Check each message carefully and choose one of the following options, which will apply to all future emails from this sender:
- Release / Release all - you agree that the email(s) are from safe/recognised senders and can be released
- Permit / Permit all - you allow this/these email(s) to be released once from this sender (future messages from these senders will be held)
- Block / Block all - always block messages from this or all of these senders.
Note: If you block a sender and then determine that the sender is safe, you will need to contact email@example.com to request that sender become un-blocked.
The decision you make on your email notifications will not determine the outcome for other people receiving the same email. For example, if I block a sender, I will no longer receive their emails, but other people will.
If you need assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.