Information Technology is a critical enabler of the University's current and future success.
The Technology Governance Framework supports the evolution of an ITDS model that best aligns the ITDS Branch to the University Strategy in an environment where planning, investment and priority setting is transparent and coordinated.
This will continue to adapt to the changing strategic drivers that influence the University of Adelaide's objectives, responding to changes in the business and regulatory environment, and the development of new technologies.
The Technology Governance Framework aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Promote whole-of-University collaboration and strong levels of engagement
- Emphasise whole-of-University strategy by aligning technology strategy, investment priority decisions, and technology implementation
- Ensure investment decisions and technology solutions consider whole-of-University needs and future growth, with a focus on transformational initiatives
- Values continuous performance monitoring to adjust technology priorities and technology investments to maximise the achievement of University strategic goals
- Establishes clear and consistent decision making practices that balance technology resilience and strategic outcomes
The below diagram provides an illustrative view of the Technology Governance Framework and the relationship between the various Committees.
For any questions regarding the Technology Governance Framework, please contact Andrew Gardiner, Manager, IT Governance.