Associate Professor Brian O'Neill
|Org Unit||School of Chemical Engineering|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 4116|
- Wine processing
- Mineral science and minerals processing
- Geothermal energy - fluid-rock interactions
- Biodiesel production from wastes
- Water and wastewater treatment
- Process control and dynamic simulation, artificial intelligence and evolutionary optimisation.
- Mirsephai, A., Mohammadzaheri, M., Chen, L., O'Neill, B. 2012 “An artificial intelligence approach to inverse heat transfer modeling of an irradiative dryer” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer 39 (1) , pp. 40-45
- Tooth, B., Ciobanu, C.L., Green, L., O'Neill, B., Brugger, J. 2011 Bi-melt formation and gold scavenging from hydrothermal fluids: An experimental study Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 75 (19) , pp. 5423-5443
- Dixon, M.B., Falconet, C., Ho, L., Chow, C.W.K., O'Neill, B.K., Newcombe, G. 2011 Removal of cyanobacterial metabolites by nanofiltration from two treated waters Journal of Hazardous Materials 188 (1-3) , pp. 288-295
- Fang, X, Brugger, J, Qian, G, Ngothai, Y, O’Neill, B, Zhao, J, Pullen, S, Olsene, S, and Pring, A 2012, ‘Single-pass flow-through reaction cell for high-temperature and high-pressure in situ neutron diffraction studies of hydrothermal crystallization processes’, article in press.
- Wu, F, Ngothai, Y, Wei, J, Liu, C, O'Neill, B, Wu, Y 2012, ‘Premixed, injectable PLA-modified calcium deficient apatite biocement (cd-AB) with washout resistance’, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 92, pp 113-120.
- Dixon, MB, Richard, Y, Ho, L, Chow, CWK, O’Neill, BK, & Newcombe, GA 2011, ‘Coagulation-powdered activated carbon-ultrafiltration - Multiple barrier approach for removing toxins from two Australian cyanobacterial blooms’, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 186 (2-3) , pp. 1553-1559.
- Smith, P, Ngothai, Y, Nguyen, QD, & O’Neill, B 2010, ‘The addition of alkoxy side-chains to biodiesel and the impact on flow properties’, Fuel, 89, no. 11, pp. 3517-3522.
- Dixon, MB, Falconet, C, Ho, L, Chow, CWK, O’Neill, BK, Newcombe, G 2010, ‘Nanofiltration for the removal of algal metabolites and the effects of fouling’, Water Science and Technology, 61, no. 5, pp. 1189-1199.
- Xia, F, O’Neill, B, Ngothai, Y, Peak, P, Tenailleau, C, Etschmann, B, Qian, G, Brugger, J, Studer, A, Olsen, S, & Pring, A 2010, ‘A thermosiphon-driven hydrothermal flow-through cell for in situ and time-resolved neutron diffraction studies”, Journal of Applied Crystallography, 43, pp. 511-519.
- Brugger, J, Pring, A, Reith, F, Ryan, C, Etschmann, B, Liu, W, O’Neill, B, & Ngothai, Y 2010, ‘Probing ore deposits formation: New insights and challenges from synchrotron and neutron studies’, Radiation Physics and Chemistry, 9, no. 2, pp. 151-161.
- Smith, P, Ngothai, Y, Nguyen, QD, & O’Neill, B 2010, ‘Improving the low-temperature properties of biodiesel: Methods and consequences’, Renewable Energy, 35, no. 6, pp. 1145-1151
- Xia, F, Brugger, J, Ngothai, Y, O'Neill, B, Chen, G, & Pring, A 2009, ‘Three-Dimensional Ordered Arrays of Zeolite Nanocrystals with Uniform Size and Orientation by a Pseudomorphic Coupled Dissolution-Reprecipitation Replacement Route’, Crystal Growth & Design, 9, no. 11, pp. 4902-4906.
- Ridgway, N, Colby, CB, & O’Neill, BK 2009, ‘Slurry pump gland seal wear’, Tribology International, 42, no. 11-12, pp. 1715-1721.
- Kuncoro, G, Ngothai, Y, Sweeney, D, O'Neill, B, & Kaeding, U 2009, ‘Investigation of potato starch and sonicated RAS as alternative carbon sources for biological nitrogen removal’, International Journal of Environment and Waste Management, 3, no. 3/4, pp. 226-235.
- Smith, P, O’Neill, B, Ngothai, Y, & Nguyen, QD 2009, ‘Butoxylation of Butyl Biodiesel: Reaction Conditions and Cloud Point Impact’, Energy & Fuels, 23, no. 7, pp. 3798-3803.
- Xia, F, Brugger, J, Chen, G,
Ngothai, Y, O'Neill, B, Putnis, A, & Pring, A 2009, ‘Mechanism and
kinetics of pseudomorphic mineral replacement reactions: A case study of the
replacement of pentlandite by violarite’, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 73,
- Smith, P, Ngothai, Y, Nguyen, QD, & O’Neill, B 2009, ‘Alkoxylation of biodiesel and its impact on low-temperature properties’, Fuel, 88, no. 4, pp. 605-612.
- Liu, L, Cozzolino, D, Cynkar, WU, Dambergs, RG, Janik, L, O'Neill, BK, Colby, CB, & Gishen, M 2008, ‘Preliminary study on the application of visible-near infrared spectroscopy and chemometrics to classify Riesling wines from different countries’, Food Chemistry, 106, no. 2, pp. 781-786.
- Low, LL, Colby CB, O’Neill, BK, Ford, C, Godden, J, & Ford, C 2008, ‘Economic evaluation of alternative Technologies for Tartrate Stabilization of Wines’, International Journal of Food Science & Technology, 43, pp. 1202-1216.
- Wittholz, M, O’Neill, B, Lewis, D, & Colby, C 2008, ‘Estimating the cost of desalination plants using a cost database’, Desalination, 229, pp. 10-20.
- Xia, F, Zhou, J, Brugger, J, Ngothai, Y, O'Neill, B, Chen, G, & Pring, A 2008, ‘A novel route to synthesize complex metal sulfides: hydrothermal coupled dissolution-reprecipitation replacement reactions’, Chemistry of Materials, 20, pp. 2809-2817.
- Xia, F, Chen, G, Pring, A, Brugger, J, Ngothai, Y, O'Neill, B, & Colby, C, Tenailleau, C, Wang, H, & Yang, Y 2007, ‘Kinetics and Mechanism of Hydrothermal Alteration from Pentlandite to Violarite’, Acta Geologica Sinica, 81, no. 10, pp. 1378-1390.
- Xia, F, Zhou, J, Pring, A, Ngothai, Y, O'Neill, B, Brugger, J, Chen, G, & Colby, C 2007, ‘The role of pyrrhotite (Fe7S8) and the sample texture in the hydrothermal transformation of pentlandite ((Fe,Ni)9S8) to violarite ((Ni,Fe)3S4))’, Reaction Kinetics and Catalysis Letters, 92, no. 2, pp. 257-266.
- Muhlack, RA, Waters, EJ, Lim, A, O'Neill, BK, & Colby, CB, 2007, ‘An alternative method for purification of a major thaumatin-like grape protein (VVTL1) responsible for haze formation in white wines’, Asia-Pac J Chem Eng, 2, pp. 234-242.
- Nordestgaard, S, Chuan, YP, O’Neill, B, Waters, E, Deans, L, Policki, P, & Colby, C 2007, ‘In-line Dosing of White Wine for Bentonite Fining with Centrifugal Clarification’, American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, 58, no. 2, pp. 283-285.
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Monday, 18 Dec 2017
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/brian.oneill