I joined the Australian School of Petroleum in May 2009, following a two year Post Doctoral research position at the Centre for Mineral Exploration Under Cover (CMXUC) of the University of Adelaide. I obtained my Master of Geophysics at the University of Toulouse III in France in June 2002, and completed my PhD at the University of Pau et des Pays de l’Adour in December 2006 with a dissertation on the tectonic evolution of the Venezuelan Andes (Venezuela), the Southern Central Andes and the Neuquén basin (Argentina).
My main research interest lies in the integration of geophysics and geology for the construction of accurate and validated three-dimensional models of the Earth's sub-surface, in particular for petroleum, geothermal or geological storage of carbon dioxide applications.
I recently started to develop a methodology to better image and model natural fracture networks in various tectonic settings, using 3D seismic data, seismic attribute analysis and a combination of geomechanical modelling and structural restoration techniques.
- PhD, 2006. University of Pau, France. Strain partitioning in oblique convergent settings: the Venezuelan Andes and Neuquén basin case-studies. Supervised by Y. Hervouët and D. Dhont
- Msc, 2002, University Paul Sabatier - Toulouse III, France.
- Bsc, 2001, University of Pau, France.
- Seismic data acquisition, processing and interpretation
- Structural geology
- Petroleum geology
- Non-seismic geophysics for petroleum exploration
- Field geology
- Unconventional energy resources (unconventional petroleum reservoir and geothermal energy)
3D geomodelling: Integration of geophysics (e.g, seismic data and potential field data) with geology (satellite imagery, geological maps, structural maps and field work) to construct 3D models of the Earth sub-surface
- Fracture imaging (amplitude and attribute analysis) and fracture modelling
Cross-section and 3D model restoration/validation, using geophysics (forward modelling of potential fields), kinematics as well as geomechanics methods
Recent tectonics: from the joint analysis of seismological records, Radar imagery, Digital elevation models and structural geology.
Geological storage of CO2: 3D geomodelling, static description and dynamic modelling of fractures network
See attached file
- American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- Geological Society of Australian (GSA)
- Petroleum Exploration Society of Australia (PESA – South Australia Committee Member)
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Friday, 8 Apr 2011