|Org Unit||Public Health|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 0612|
Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences
Awards & Achievements
2017 IADR Lion Dental Research Award for Junior Investigators - Behavioral, Epidemiologic and Health Services Research Group of the International Association for Dental Research. San Francisco – USA.
Healthy Development Adelaide Travel Grant, Round 2017/1. Adelaide - Australia.
Award of best presentation, School of Dentistry, Florey International Postgraduate Research Conference 2016. Adelaide – Australia.
JL Eustace International Travel Award, 2015. Adelaide – Australia.
Award of best presentation, Florey Fundation of Medical Research, Florey International Postgraduate Research Conference 2015. Adelaide – Australia.
Winifred E. Preedy Postgraduate Bursary, Australian Federation of University Women – South Australia AFUW-SA Inc. Trust Fund, 2015. Adelaide – Australia.
Colgate Senior Travel Award, 2014. Adelaide – Australia.
First position in the Masters Selection Process, Postgraduate Program in Dentistry, Federal University of Pelotas. 2011, Pelotas – Brazil.
Chair of the 47ª Academic Week from the Dental School, Federal University of Pelotas. 2009. Pelotas - Brazil.2016 School of Dentistry Prize - Florey International Postgraduate Conference 2016
1. Schuch HS, Do LG. School-based oral hygiene education program has long-term positive effects on oral health indicators. The Journal of Evidence-based and Dental Practice. (Accepted December/2016).
2. Simões RC, Goettems ML, Schuch HS, Torriani DD, Demarco FF. Impact of malocclusion on oral health related quality of life of 8-12 years old schoolchildren in Pelotas/Brazil. Brazilian Dental Journal (Accepted September/2016).
3. Schuch HS, Peres KG, Singh A, Peres MA, Do LG. Socioeconomic position during life and periodontal disease in adulthood: a systematic review. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology 2016 Dec 29. doi: 10.1111/cdoe.12278.
4. Conde MCM, Chisini LA, Sarkis-Onofre R, Schuch HS, Nor JE, Demarco FF. A scoping review of root canal revascularization: relevant aspects for clinical success and tissue formation. International Endodontic Journal 2016 Oct 22. doi: 10.1111/iej.12711.
5. Singh A, Harford J, Schuch HS, Watt RG, Peres MA. Theoretical basis and explanation for the relationship between area-level social inequalities and population oral health outcomes – A scoping review. Social Science and Medicine - Population Health. 2016 Dec;2:451-62.
6. Laguzzi PN, Schuch HS, Medina LD, de Amores AR, Demarco FF, Lorenzo S. Tooth loss and associated factors in elders: results from a national survey in Uruguay. J Public Health Dent. 2016 Mar;76(2):143-51.
7. Schuch HS, Costa Fdos S, Torriani DD, Demarco FF, Goettems ML. Oral health-related quality of life of schoolchildren: impact of clinical and psychosocial variables. Int J Paediatr Dent. 2015 Sep;25(5):358-65.
8. Boscato N, Schuch HS, Grasel CE, Goettems ML. Differences of oral health conditions between adults and older adults: A census in a Southern Brazilian city. Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2016 Sep;16(9):1014-20.
9. Schuch HS, Peres KG, Do LG, Peres MA. Can socioeconomic trajectories during the life influence periodontal disease occurrence in adulthood? Hypotheses from a life-course perspective. Med Hypotheses. 2015 Jun;84(6):596-600.
10. Schuch HS, Correa MB, Torriani DD, Demarco FF, Goettems ML. Perceived dental pain: determinants and impact on brazilian schoolchildren. J Oral Facial Pain Headache. 2015 Spring;29(2):168-76.
11. Goettems ML, Schuch HS, Hallal PC, Torriani DD, Demarco FF. Nutritional status, physical activity level and traumatic dental injuries occurrence: results from a systematic review. Dental Traumatology: Dent Traumatol. 2014 Aug;30(4):251-8.
12. Goettems ML, Schuch HS, Demarco FF, Ardenghi TM, Torriani DD. Impact of dental anxiety and fear on dental care use in Brazilian women. J Public Health Dent. 2014 Fall;74(4):310-6.
13. Baldissera RA, Correa MB, Schuch HS, Collares, KF, Nascimento GG, Jardim OS, Opdam NJM, Moraes RR, Demarco FF. Are there universal resin composites for anterior and posterior teeth? J Dent. 2013 Nov;41(11):1027-35.
14. Schuch HS, Goettems ML, Correa MB, Torriani DD, Demarco FF. Prevalence and treatment demand after traumatic dental injury in South Brazilian schoolchildren. Dental Traumatology (Print). 2013 Aug;29(4):297-302.
15. Goettems ML, Azevedo M, Correa MB, Costa CT, Wendt F, Schuch HS, Bonow MLM, Romano AR, Torriani DD. Dental trauma occurrence and occlusal characteristics in Brazilian preschool children. Pediatr Dent. 2012 Mar-Apr;34(2):104-7.
16. Correa MB, Schuch HS, Collares KF, Torriani DD, Hallal PC, Demarco FF. Survey analysis on the occurrence of dental trauma and preventive strategies among professional Brazilian soccer players. J Appl Oral Sci. 2010 Dec;18(6):572-6.
Brazilian Society for Dental Research (SBPqO), 2008-current.
International Association for Dental Research (IADR), 2011-current.
International Union for Health Promotion and Education (IUHPE) Student and Early Career Network (ISECN) – 2015-current.
Health Development Adelaide (HDA) – 2015-current.
Health Sciences Postgraduate Association (HeSPA) - The University of Adelaide - vice-president - 2016-current.
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Wednesday, 3 Oct 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/helena.schuch