Dr Hungyen Lin
|Org Unit||School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 4115|
- PhD in Electronic Engineering, The University of Adelaide, 2012
- MEng in Manufacturing Engineering (Research), University of South Australia, 2006
- BEng in Computer Systems Engineering (First class honours), The University of Adelaide, 2003
Awards & Achievements
- 2011 IEEE Photonics Society Graduate Student Fellowship
- 2010 Prime Minister's Australia Asia Awards
- 2010 DR Stranks Postgraduate Travelling Fellowship
- 2010 Barbara Crase Bursary from the Australian Federation of University Women
- 2009 Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarship in Technology & Communication and Science & Engineering – Reserved candidate
- 2009 IEEE South Australia Section Travel Assistance Fund
- 2009 The University of Adelaide Research Abroad Scholarship.
- 2008 Fujitsu Siemens Computers Innovation Encouragement Bonus
Previous Teaching Activity
- Engineering Mathematics
- Circuit Analysis
- Control III
- Embedded Computer Systems
Terahertz technology and applications - Terahertz defines a frequency range between 0.1 and 10 THz (THz = 10^12 Hz). This frequency range hosts a variety of microscopic physical phenomena, yet the wave can penetrate most dry, non-metallic substances. My reseach covers terahertz near-field imaging and applications.
Refereed Journal Papers
- B. S. Y. Ung, J. Li, H. Lin, B. M. Fischer, W. Withayachumnankul, and D. Abbott, “Dual-mode terahertz time-domain spectroscopy system,” IEEE Transactions on Terahertz Science & Technology, 3(1), pp. 1-5, 2013.
- C. Fumeaux, H. Lin, K. Serita, W. Withayachumnankul, T. Kaufmann, M. Tonouchi, and D. Abbott, “Distributed source model for the full-wave electromagnetic simulation of nonlinear terahertz generation,” Opt. Express 20(16), pp. 18397-18414, 2012.
- B. S. Y. Ung, C. Fumeaux, H. Lin, B. M. Fischer, B. W. H. Ng, and D. Abbott, “A low-cost ultra-thin polymer broadband terahertz beam-splitter,” Opt. Express 20(5), pp. 4968-4978, 2012.
- W. Withayachumnankul, H. Lin, K. Serita, C. M. Shah, S. Sriram, M. Bhaskaran, M. Tonouchi, C. Fumeaux, and D. Abbott, "Sub-diffraction thin-film sensing with planar terahertz metamaterials,” Opt. Express 20(3), pp. 3345-3352, 2012.
- I. E. Khodasevych, C. M. Shah, S. Sriram, M. Bhaskaran, W. Withayachumnankul, B. S. U. Ung, H. Lin, W. S. T. Rowe, D. Abbott, and A. Mitchell, “Elastomeric silicone substrates for terahertz fishnet metamaterials,” Apply. Phys. Lett. 100, pp. 061101, 2012.
- H. Lin, C. Fumeaux, B. S. Y. Ung and D. Abbott, "Comprehensive modeling of THz microscope with a sub-wavelength source," Opt. Express, 19(6), pp 5327-5338, 2011.
- H. Lin, C. Fumeaux, B. M. Fischer and D. Abbott, “Modelling of sub-wavelength THz sources as Gaussian apertures,” Optics Express, 18(17), pp. 17672–17683, 2010.
- W. Withayachumnankul, B. M. Fischer, H. Lin, S. P. Mickan, and D. Abbott, "Uncertainty in terahertz time-domain spectroscopy measurement," Journal of the Optical Society of America B: Optical Physics, 25(6), pp. 1059-1072, 2008.
- W. Withayachumnankul, G. Png, X.X. Yin, S. Atakaramians, H. Lin, I. Jones, J. Balakrishnan, B. S. Y. Ung, B. Ferguson, S.P. Mickan, B.M. Fischer, and D. Abbott, “T-ray sensing and imaging,” Proceedings of the IEEE Special Issue on: T-ray Biosensing and Security, 95(8), 2007, pp. 1528-1558. (Invited)
- H. Lin, L.X. Kong, and H-Y. Hsu “Design and degradation modelling through artificial neural networks,” International Journal of Manufacturing Research, 2(1), 2007, pp. 97–113.
IEEE, SPIE, Australian Nanotechnology Network (ANN)
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Monday, 18 Dec 2017
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/hungyen.lin