Biography/ BackgroundIan Olver graduated from the University of Melbourne in 1976 being subsequently awarded an MD in 1991 for a project on clinical trial methodology. He is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP), its Chapter of Palliative Medicine (FAChPM) and is a member of the Royal Australian College of Medical Administrators (MRACMA). He completed a PhD from Monash University in bioethics in 1997, exploring life and death issues and a Certificate of Ministry (Lay Preaching) at the Adelaide College of Divinity. He initially trained in medical oncology at Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne and the University of Maryland Cancer Centre in Baltimore. He worked for 6 years at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute where he jointly developed the oncology clinic at Bendigo Base Hospital and then moved to Adelaide becoming the Clinical Director, Royal Adelaide Hospital Cancer Centre and the first Cancer Council SA Professor of Cancer Care at the University of Adelaide and is currently an Adjunct Professor in the Department of Medicine. There he established the first oncology clinic in Alice Springs and developed a telemedicine link for multidisciplinary cancer care between Adelaide and Darwin. He also trained the first oncologist for teh Christian Medical College Hospital Vellore, India. In May 2006 he was appointed CEO Cancer Council Australia, a Clinical Professor in the Department of Medicine at the University of Sydney and is an Honorary Associate, Department of Medical Oncology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. He has published over 170 articles in journals, 16 book chapters and 2 books: Conquering Cancer. Your Guide to Treatment and Research. and Is Death Ever Preferable to Life? After serving on several ethics committees in Victoria and South Australia, he currently chairs the Cancer Institute NSW Research Ethics Committee for multi-centre cancer trials, The Medical Oncology Group of Australia Ethics Committee and sits on the American Society of Clinical Oncology Ethics Committee. Having previously served on The Australian Drug Evaluation Committee (ADEC) and the Cancer Strategies Group of the Australian Government and chaired the Medical Oncology Group of Australia he now serves on the Board of the National Breast and Ovarian Cancer Centre, the executive of the Clinical Oncological Society of Australia and the Advisory Board of Cancer Australia.
MB,BS 1976 (University of Melbourne) MD 1991 (University of Melbourne) PhD 1997 (Monash University) CMin 2002 (Parkin Wesley College, Adelaide) FRACP 1984 MRACMA 1993 FAChPM 2000
Teaching InterestsTeaching medical students in medcial oncology and bioethics
Research InterestsPsycho-Oncology Research
Symptom Control (Emesis)
- Olver IN, Jennings LJ, Bobik A, Esler M. Low bioavailability as a cause of apparent failure of dihydroergotamine in orthostatic hypotension. Brit Med J 1980, 281: 275 76.
2. Olver IN, Schwarz MA. Use of dimethyl sulphoxide in limiting tissue damage caused by extravasation of doxorubicin.(Letter)Cancer Treat Rep 1983, 67: 407 8.
3. Olver IN, Schwarz MA, Westmore DD, Masterton JP. Complete remission in extragonadal seminoma primarily treated with chemotherapy and restaged by retroperitoneal nodal dissection. Aust NZ J Surg 1983, 53 (3): 277 80.
4. Olver IN, Wolf MM, Bishop JF, Cooper IA, Matthews J. Adriamycin combinations as salvage therapy in advanced MOPP resistant HodgkinâTMs disease. Aust NZ J Med 1983, 13:369 373.
5. Bishop JF, Olver IN, Wolf MM, Matthews JP, Long M, Bingham J, Hillcoat BL, Cooper IA. Lorazepam: A randomized double blind cross over study of a new antiemetic in patients receiving cytotoxic chemotherapy and prochlorperazine. J Clin Oncol 1984, 2: 691 695.
6. Wolf MM, Olver IN, Ding JC, Cooper IA, Liew KH, Madigan JP. Non HodgkinâTMs lymphoma involving the central nervous system. Aust NZ J Med 1985, 15: 16 21.
7. Olver IN, Donehower RC, Van Echo DA, Ettinger DS, Aisner J. Phase II trial of carboplatin in non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Treat Rep 1986, 70: 421 422.
8. Olver IN, Simon RM, Aisner J. Antiemetic studies: A methodological discussion. Cancer Treat Rep 1986, 70: 555 564.
9. Olver IN. Should chemotherapy be standard treatment for non-small cell lung cancer? Med J Aust 1986,144: 675 676.
10. Reece PA, Bishop JF, Olver IN, Stafford I, Hillcoat BL, Morstyn G. Pharmacokinetics of unchanged carboplatin (CBDCA)in patients with small cell lung carcinoma. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 1987, 19: 326 330.
11. Reece PA, Morris RG, Bishop JF, Olver IN, Raghavan D. Pharmacokinetics of trimetrexate administered by five day continuous infusion to patients with advanced cancer. Cancer Res. 1987, 47: 2996 2999.
12. Bishop JF, Raghavan D, Stuart Harris R, Morstyn G, Aroney R, Kefford R, Yuen K, Lee J, Gianoutsos P, Olver IN, Zalcberg J, Ball D, Fox R. Carboplatin (CBDCA JM8) and VP16 213 in previously untreated patients with small cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol 1987, 5:1574 1578.
13. Olver IN, Wolf MM, Cruikshank D, Worotniuk T, Ding JC, Cooper IA, Matthews JP. MOPP for relapse after radiation in HodgkinâTMs disease: An analysis of long term follow up. Cancer 1988, 62: 233 239.
14. Olver IN, Aisner J, Hament A, Buchanan L, Bishop JF, Kaplan RS. A prospective study of topical dimethyl sulphoxide (DMSO) for treating anthracycline extavasations. J Clin Oncol 1988, 6: 1732 1735.
15. Olver IN. The optimal management of cytotoxic drug extavasation: Solving the burning question. (Letter) Med J Aust 1988, 149: 506.
16. Abrams JS, Tait N, Silva H, Eisenberger M, Van Echo DA, Olver IN, Aisner J. Brief report: Phase II trial of N methylformamide in advanced renal cancer. Am J Clin Oncol 1989, 12 (1): 41 42.
17. Olver IN, Dalley D, Woods R, Aroney R, Hughes P, Bishop JF, Cruickshank D.A Phase II study of carboplatin and continuous infusion 5 fluorouracil for advanced head and neck cancer. Eur J Cancer Clin Oncol 1989, 25 (2): 173 176.
18. Olver IN, Roos IAG, Thomas K, Hillcoat BL. Development of a murine gastric distension model for testing the emetic potential of new drugs and efficacy of antiemetics. Chem Biol Interactions 1989, 69: 353 357.
19. Bishop JF, Raghavan D, Olver IN, Reece P, Morris R, Friedlander ML. A phase I study of trimetrexate (NSC 352122) administered by a 5 day continuous intravenous infusion. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 1989, 23: 246 250.
20. Hillcoat BL, Raghavan D, Matthews J, Kefford R, Yuen K, Woods R, Olver IN, Bishop J, Pearson B, Coorey G, Levi J, Abbott RL, Aroney R, Gill PG, McLennan R. A randomized of cisplatin versus cisplatin plus methotrexate in advanced cancer of the urothelial tract. J Clin Oncol 1989, 7: 706 709.
21. Olver IN, Webster LK, Bishop JF, Clarke J, Hillcoat BL. A dose finding study of prochlorperazine as an antiemetic for cancer chemotherapy. Eur J Cancer Clin Oncol 1989, 25: 1457 1461.
22. Bishop JF, Kefford R, Raghavan D, Zalcberg J, Stuart Harris R, Ball D, Olver IN, Friedlander M, Bull C, Yuen K, Zimet A, Etoposide, carboplatin, cyclophosphamide and vincristine (ECCO) in previously untreated patients with small cell lung cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 1990, 25: 367 370.
23. Reece PA, Olver IN, Morris RG, Bishop JF, Guntert TW, Hills HS, Hillcoat BL. Phase I pharmacokinetic study of doxifluridine given by five day stepped dose infusion. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 1990, 25: 274 278.
24. Olver IN, Reece PA, Bishop JF, Morris RG, Hillcoat BL, Guentert TW. A phase I study of doxifluridine as a five day stepped dose continuous infusion. Am J Clin Oncol 1990, 13 (4): 308 311.
25. Olver IN, Pearl P, Wiernik PH, Aisner J. Small bowel obstruction as a late complication of the treatment of HodgkinâTMs disease. Aust NZ J Surg 1990, 60: 585 588.
26. Olver IN, Should Ethics Committees have a clinical role? Bioethics News 1990, 9(3): 5 8.
27. Ball D, Bishop J, Crennan E, Olver IN. Concurrent radiotherapy and carboplatin in non small cell lung cancer: A pilot study using conventional and accelerated fractionation. Australis Radiol 1991, 35(1): 66 67.
28. Bishop JF, Matthews JP, Wolf MM, Olver IN, Reynolds SM, Walpole E, Rischin D, Buchanan L, Tan LG. A randomized trial of dexamethasone, lorazepam and prochlorperazine for emesis in patients receiving chemotherapy. Eur J Cancer 1992, 28:47 50.
29. Olver IN, Webster LK, Bishop JF, Stokes KH. A phase I and pharmacokinetic study of 12 h infusion of flavone acetic acid.Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 1992, 29: 354 356.
30. Olver IN. Methodology in antiemetic trials. Oncology 1992, 49: 269 272.
31. Olver IN, Wolf MM, Laidlaw C, Bishop JF, Cooper IA, Matthews J, Smith R, and Buchanan L. A randomized double blind study of high dose intravenous prochlorperazine versus high dose metoclopramide as an antiemetic for cancer chemotherapy. Eur J Cancer 1992, 28A: 1798 1802.
32. Olver IN. Antiemetic study design: desirable objectives, stratifications and analyses. Br J Cancer 1992, 66 (suppl) XIX: S30 S34.
33. Bishop JF, Murray R, Webster L, Pitt P, Stokes K, Fennessy A, Olver IN, Leber G. Phase I clinical and pharmacokinetic study of high dose toremifene (FC 1157A) in postmenopausal patients with advanced breast cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 1992, 30: 174 178.
34. Olver IN, Bishop JF, Green M, Zimet A, Laidlaw C. A phase II study of cisplatinum and continuous infusion 5-flourouracil for metastatic melanoma. Am J Clin Oncol CCT 1992,15(6):503 5.
35. Rischin D, Bishop JF, Olver IN, Laidlaw CR, Zimet A, Dipell J. A phase II trial of cyclophosphamide methotrexate, 5-flourouracil and prednisolone rapidly alternating with doxorubicin and vincristine (CMFP\AV) in advanced breast cancer. Am J Clin Oncol CCT 1992, 15(5): 392 394.
36. Doig RG, Olver IN, Jeal PN, Bishop JF. Symptomatic choroidal metastases in breast cancer. Aust NZ J Med 1992, 22(4): 349 352.
37. Bishop JF, Jeal PN, Murray R, Drummond R, Pitt P, Smith J, Olver IN, Bhowal AK. The effect of danazol on tumour control and weight loss in patients on tamoxifen with advanced breast cancer: a randomized double blind placebo controlled trial. Eur J Cancer 1993, 29A(6): 814 818.
38. Olver IN, Sandeman T, Laidlaw C, Bishop J. Oral methotrexate for superficial transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder. J. Urol. 1993, 149: 1006 1009.
39. Olver IN. Designing a clinical trial: How to evaluate antiemetics for use with antineoplastic drugs. VRACH Oct 1993: 35 37
40. Coates A, Thomson D, Mcleod GRM, Hersey P, Gill PG, Olver IN, Kefford R, Lowenthal RM, Beadle G, Walpole E. Prognostic value of quality of life scores in a trial of chemotherapy with or without interferon in patients with metastatic malignant melanoma. Eur J Cancer, 1993, 29A: 1731 1734.
41. Thomson D, Adena M, Mcleod GRM, Hersey P, Gill P, Coates AS, Olver IN, Kefford R, Lowenthal R, Beadle G, Walpole E, Boland K, Kingston D. Interferon alpha 2a does not improve response or survival when added to dacarbazine in metastatic melanoma. Results of a multi institutional Australian randomized trial QMP 8704. Melanoma Research 1993,3:133-138.
42. Olver IN, Laidlaw CR, Matthews JP, Bishop JF, Hayes A M, Wolf M, Toner G. A randomized double blind crossover study of domperidone and prochlorperazine suppositories for controlling emesis in outpatients receiving chemotherapy. Eur J Cancer 1994, 30A, 4: 426 429.
43. Maher DW, Lieschke GJ, Green M, Bishop J, Stuart Harris R, Wolf M, Sheridan WP, Kefford R, Cebon J, Olver IN, McKendrick J, Toner G, Bradstock K, Lieschke M, Cruickshank S, Tomita D, Hoffman E, Fox RM, Morstyn G. Filgrastim in patients with chemotherapy-induced febrile neutropenia. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Ann Intern Med 1994, 121: 492-501.
44. Bishop JF, Ball D, Crennan E, Ryan G, Davis S, Toner G, OâTMBrien P, Olver IN, Radiation and carboplatin combined modality therapy in non small cell lung cancer. Semin Oncol 1994, 21 (3 Suppl 6): 91-96.
45. Olver IN, Matthews J, Bishop JF, Smith R. The roles of patient and observer assessments in antiemetic trials. Eur J Cancer 1994, 30A:1223-1227.
46. Olver IN,, Bishop JF, Baxter H. A phase I dose finding study of prolonged ambulatory infusion 5 fluorouracil with oral leucovorin for colorectal cancer. J Infusional Chemotherapy 1994, 4: 131-134.
47. Olver IN, Turrell SJ, Olszewski NA, Willson K. The impact of an information and consent form on patients having chemotherapy. Med J Aust 1995, 16: 82-83.
48. Olver IN, Green M, Peters W, Zimet A, Toner G, Bishop J, Ketelby W, Rastogi R, Birkhofer M. A phase II trial of zeniplatin in metastatic melanoma. Am J Clin Oncol CCT 1995,18 (1):56-58.
49. Basser RL, To BL, Begley CG, Juttner CA, Maher DW, Szer J, Cebon J, Colins JP, Russell I, Olver I, Gill PG, Fox RM, Sheridan WP, Green M. Adjuvant treatment of high risk breast cancer using multicycle high-dose chemotherapy and filgrastim-mobilized peripheral progenitor cells. Clin Cancer Res.1995, 1: 715-721.
50. Olver IN. Assessing the comparative clinical value of Tropisetron. Aust NZ J Med 1995, 25:523-527.
51. Olver IN, Hughes PG, Smith JG, Narayan K, Bishop JF. Concurrent radiotherapy and continuous ambulatory infusion 5 fluorouracil in advanced head and neck cancer. Eur J Cancer 1995, 6: 867-870.
52. Olver IN, Buchanan L, Laidlaw C, Poulton G. The adequacy of consent forms for informing patients entering oncological clinical trials. Ann Oncol 1995, 6: 867-870.
53. Cunningham D, Zalcberg JR, Rath U, Olver I, Van Cutsem E, Svensson C, Seitz JF, Harper P, Kerr D, Perez-Manga G, Azab M, Seymour L, Lowery K and the âTomudexâ Colorectal Study Group. âTomudexâ (ZD 1649): Results of a randomised trial in advanced colorectal cancer demonstrate efficacy and reduced mucositis and leucopenia. Eur J Cancer 1995, 31A, No 12: 1945-1954.
54. Olver IN, Webster LK, Millward MJ, Stokes KH, Bishop JF. A phase I and pharmacokinetic study of prolonged ambulatory infusion carboplatin. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 1995, 37: 79-85.
55. Phillips KA, Freidlander M, Olver I, Evans B, McCrystal M, Fitzharris B, Joughin J, Smith J, Bishop J. Australasian Multicentre phase II study of paclitaxel (Taxol) in relapsed ovarian cancer. Aust NZ J Med 1995, 25: 337-343.
56. Millward MJ, Bishop JF, Friedlander M, Levi JA, Goldstein D, Olver IN, Smith JG, Toner GC, Rischin D, Bell DR. Phase II study of a three hour infusion of paclitaxel in previously untreated patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol 1996, 141: 142-148.
57. Olver IN, Craft P, Clingan P, Kearsley J, Planner R, van Hazel G, Bell D, Adena M, Hall B, Pearson L. An open multicentre study of tropisetron for cisplatin-induced nausea and vomiting. Med J Aust 1996, 164: 337-340.
58. Olver IN. Antiemetic study methodology: recommendations for future studies. Oncology 1996, 53 (Suppl 1): 96-101.
59. Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group (TROG): OâTMBrien PC, Roos DE, Liew K-H, Trotter GE, Barton MB, Walker QJ, Poulsen MG, Olver IN . Preliminary results of combined chemotherapy and radiotherapy for non-AIDS primary central nervous system lymphoma. Med J Aust 1996, 165: 424-427.
60. Olver I, Paska W, Depierre A, Seitz J-F, Stewart DJ, Goedhals L, McQuade B, McRae J, Wilkinson JR, on behalf of the Ondansetron Delayed Emesis Study Group. A multicentre, double-blind study comparing placebo, ondansetron and ondansetron plus dexamethasone for the control of cisplatin-induced delayed emesis. Ann Oncol 1996, 7: 945-952.
61. Cunningham D, Zalcberg JR, Rath U, Olver IN, van Custem E, Svensson C, Seitz JF, Harper P, Kerr D, Perez-Manga G and the âTomudexâ Colorectal Cancer Study Group. Final results of a randomised trial comparing â~TomudexâÂ® (raltitrexid) with 5-fluorouracil plus leucovorin in advanced colorectal cancer. Ann Oncol 1996, 7: 961-965.
62. Olver IN. Commentary on chemotherapy. Monash Bioethics Review, 1996, 15 (4): Suppl, 17-21.
63. Ball D, Smith J, Bishop J, Olver I, Davis S, OâTMBrien P, Bernshaw D, Ryan G, Millward M. A phase III study of radiotherapy with and without continuous infusion 5-fluorouracil as palliation for non-small-cell lung cancer. Brit J Cancer 1997, 75(5): 690-697.
64. Michael M, Bishop J, Levi J, Bell D, Zalcberg JR, Friedlander M, Olver IN, Smith JG, Toner GC. Australian multicentre phase II trial of paclitaxel in women with metastatic breast cancer and prior chemotherapy. Med J Aust, 1997 166:520-523.
65. Beller E, Tattersall M, Lumley T, Levi J, Dalley D, Olver I, Page J, Abdi E, Wynne C, Friedlander M, Boadle D, Wheeler H, Magrie S, Simes RJ on behalf of the Australian Megeserol Acetate Cooperative Study Group. Improved quality of life with megesterol acetate in patients with endocrine-insensitive advanced cancer: A randomised placebo-controlled trial. Ann Oncol 1997, 8: 277-283.
66. Michael M, Toner GC, Olver IN, Fennesy A, Bishop JF. Phase I dose intensification study of 2-weekly epirubicin with GM-CSF in advanced cancer. Am J Clin Oncol 1997, 20(3): 259-262.
67. Parnis FX, Olver IN, Sandeman T, Bishop JF, Laidlaw C. A phase II trial of cisplatin and interferon alpha 2b in patients with advanced bladder cancer. Am J Clin Oncol CCT 1997 20 (3): 319-321
68. Boyer M, Zalcberg J, Olver IN, Millward MJ, Richardson G, McKeage M. Phase I study of paclitaxel and oral etoposide in previously untreated non-small cell and extensive small cell lung cancer. Ann Oncol 1997, 8: 485-489
69. Joschko MA, Webster LK, Bishop JF, Groves J, Yuen K, Olver IN, Narayan KN, Ball DL. Radioenhancement by cisplatin with accelerated fractionated radiotherapy in a human tumour xenograft. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 1997, 40: 534-539.
70. Olver IN. Australian Medicine 1997/1998, Oncology. Current Therapeutics, 1997, 38: 26-29.
71. Bishop JF, Dewar J, Toner G, Tattersall MH, Olver IN, Ackland S, Kennedy I, Goldstein D, Gurney H, Walpole E, Levi J, Stephenson J. A randomized study of paclitaxel versus cyclophosphamide/methotrexate/5-fluorouracil/prednisolone in previously untreated patients with advanced breast cancer: preliminary results. Taxol Investigational Trials Group, Australia/New Zealand. Semin Oncol 1997, 24 (Suppl 5): S17-5 â S17-9.
72. Bishop JF, Dewar J, Toner G, Tattersall MH, Olver I, Ackland S, Kennedy I, Goldstein D, Gurney H, Walpole E, Levi J, Stephenson J. Paclitaxel as first-line treatment for metastatic breast cancer. The Taxol Investigational Trials Group, Australia and New Zealand. Oncology 1997, 11 (4 suppl 3): 19-23.
73. Olver IN, Green M, Millward M, Bishop JF. A phase II study of acivicin in patients with recurrent high-grade astrocytoma. J Clin Neuroscience 1998, 5: 46-48
74. Basser RL, To B, Begley G, Maher D, Juttner C, Cebon J, Mansfield R, Olver I, Duggan G, Szer J, Collins J, Schwartz B, Marty J, Menchaca D, Sheridan WP, Fox RM, Green MD. Rapid haemopoietic recovery after multi-cycle high-dose chemotherapy: enhancement of filgrastim-induced progenitor-cell mobilization by recombinant stem-cell factor. J Clin Oncol 1998, 16: 1899-1908.
75. Morrow GR, Ballatori E, Groshen S, Olver I Statistical considerations in the design, conduct and analysis of antiemetic clinical trials. An emerging consensus. Supportive Care Cancer 1998, 6: 261-265
76. Borg MF, Olver IN, Hill MP. Rothmund-Thomson Syndrome and tolerance of chemoradiotherapy. Australasian Radiol 1998, 42: 216-218.
77. Price TJ, Patterson WK, Olver IN. Rifampicin as treatment for pruritis in malignant cholestasis. Support Care Cancer, 1998, 6: 533-535.
78. Millward MJ, Webster LK, Rischin D, Stokes KH, Toner GC, Bishop JF, Olver IN, Linahan BM, Linsenmeyer ME, Woodcock DM. Phase I trial of Cremophore EL with bolus doxorubicin. Clin Canc Res 1998, 4: 2321-2329.
79. Antiemetic Subcommitttee of the Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer. Prevention of chemotherapy- and radiotherapy â induced emesis: Results of the Perugia Consensus Conference. Ann Oncol 1998, 9: 811-819.
80. Kollias J, Olver IN. Psychological morbidity and quality of life in Australian women with early-stage breast cancer: a cross sectional survey. Med J Aust 1999, 170 (letter): 239-240.
81. Basser RL, To B, Collins JP, Begley CG, Keefe D, Cebon J, Bashford J, Durrant S, Szer J, Kotasek D, Juttner CA, Russell I, Maher DW, Olver I, Sheridan W, Fox RM, Green M. Multicycle high-dose chemotherapy and filgrastim-mobilized stem peripheral-blood stem progenitor cells in women with high-risk stage II or III breast cancer: five year follow-up. J Clin Oncol 1999, 17: 82-92
82. Olver IN. The management of prostate cancer. What to do when hormones fail. Current Ther 1999, 40, 7: 73-81
83. Taylor AE, Olver IN, Sivanthan T, Chi M, Purnell C. Observer error in grading performance status in cancer patients. Support Care Cancer 1999, 7: 332-335
84. Olver IN. A mass of exam nerves. Current Ther 1999, 40, 8: 44-46
85. Moore J, Hewett P, Penfold JC, Adams W, Cartmill J, Chapuis P, Cunningham I, Farmer KC, Hewett P, Hoffmann D, Jass J, Jones I, Killingback M, Levitt M, Lumley J, McLeish A, Meagher A, Moore J, Newland R, Newstead G, Oakley J, Olver I, Platell C, Polglase A, Waxman B et al. Practice parameters fore the management of colonic cancer I: surgical issues. Recommendations of the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia. Aust NZ J Surg 1999, 69 (6): 415-421
86. Adams W,Cartmill J, Chapuis P, Cunningham I, Farmer KC, Hewett P, Hoffmann D, Jass J, Jones I, Killingback M, Levitt M, Lumley J, McLeish A, Meagher A, Moore J, Newland R, Newstead G, Oakley J, Olver I, Platell C, Polglase A, Sarre R, Schache D, Solomon M, Waxman B et al. Practice parameters for the management of colonic cancer II: other issues. Recommendations of the Colorectal Society of Australia. Aust N Z J Surg 1999, 69 (7) : 472-478
87. Ball D, Bishop J, Smith J, OâTMBrien P, Davis S, Ryan G, Olver I, Toner G, Walker Q, Joseph D. A randomised phase III study of accelerated or standard fraction radiotherapy with or without concurrent carboplatin in inoperable non small cell lung cancer: final report of an Australian multi-centre trial. Radiother Oncol 1999, 52: 129-136
88. Bishop JF, Dewar J, Toner GC, Smith J, Tattersall MNH, Olver IN, Ackland S, Kennedy I, Goldstein D, Gurney H, Walpole W, Levi J, Stephenson J, Canetta R for the Taxol Investigational Trials Group, Australia/New Zealand. Initial paclitaxel improves outcome compared with CMFP combination chemotherapy as front-line therapy in untreated metastatic breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 1999, 17: 2355-2364
89. International collaboration of trialists on behalf of the Medical Reasearch Council Advanced Bladder Cancer Working Party, EORTC Genito-urinary Group, Australian Bladder Cancer Study Group, National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group, Finnbladder, Norwegian Bladder Cancer Study Group, and Club Urologico Espanol de Tratamiento Oncologico (CUETO) group. Neoadjuvant cisplatin, methotrexate, and vinblastine chemotherapy for muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet 1999, 354: 533-526.
90. Tattersall MNH, Olver IN. Conflict of interests and advisory committees. Int J Pharm Med 1999, 13: 325-328
91. OâTMBrien, Roos D, Pratt G, Liew K, Barton M, Poulsen M, Olver I, Trotter G. Phase II multicentre study of brief single-agent methotrexate followed by irradiation in primary CNS lymphoma. J Clin Oncol 2000,18: 519-526.
92. Clarke SJ, Zalcberg J, Olver I, Mitchell PL, Rischin D, Dalley D, Green M, Davidson YE. Open label, multi-centre phase II study of raltitrexid (â~TomudexâTM) in patients with inoperable squamous-cell carcinoma of head and neck. Ann Oncol 2000, 11(2): 239-241.
93. Webster L, Olver IN, Stokes K, Sephton RG, Hillcoat BL, Bishop JF. A pharmacokinetic and phase II study of gallium nitrate in patients with non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 2000, 45: 55-58.
94. Olver IN, Selva-Nayagam S. Evaluation of a telemedicine link between Darwin and Adelaide to facilitate cancer management. Telemedicine Journal 2000, 6: 213-218.
95. Olver IN, Wakefield M, Roberts L. Community Beliefs about Cancer Treatment and Care in South Australia. Cancer Forum 2000, 24: 18-19.
96. von Pawel J, von Roemeling R, Gatzemeier U, Boyer M, Elisson LO, Clark P, talbot D, Rey A, Butler TW, Hirsh V, Olver I, Bergman B, Ayoub J, Richardson G, Dunlop D, Arcenas A, Vescio R, Viallet J, Treat J. Tirapazamine plus cisplatin versus cisplatin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: A report of the international CATAPULT I study group. Cisplatin and Tirapazamine in subjects with advanced previously untreated non-small-cell lung tumours. J Clin Oncol 2000: 18 (6): 1351-1359.
97. Olver I. Managing elderly patients with advanced cancer. Aust Prescr 2000, 23 (4): 80-82.
98. Parnis FX, Olver IN, Kotasek D, Norman J, Taylor A, Russell J, Patterson K, Keefe D, Marafioti T. Phase II study of epirubicin, cisplatin and continuous infusion 5 fluorouracil (ECF) for carcinoma of unknown primary. Ann Oncol 2000, 11: 883-884.
99. Rozek T, Wegener KL, Bowie JH, Olver IN, Carver JA, Wallace JC, Tyler MJ. The antibiotic and anticancer active aurein peptides from the Australian Bell Frogs Litoria aurea and Litoria raniformis. The solution structure of aurein 1.2. Eur J Biochem 2000, 267: 5330-5341.
100. Olver IN, Stephenson J, Schulze D. A phase I study of prolonged ambulatory infusion carboplatin with oral etoposide showing activity in prostate cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 2000, 46: 338-341
101. Olver IN. Nausea and Vomiting: Lessons Learned From Cytotoxic Chemotherapy. Curr Ther 2000, 41 (11): 7-9.
102. Olver IN. Telemedicine â Prospects and Realities. Medicine Today 2001, 6 (2): 213-218.
103. Boyer MJ, Mitchell P, Goldstein D, Millward M, Olver IN, Clarke SJ, Richardson G, Davis I. Phase II study of paclitaxel and oral etoposide in patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer Lung Cancer 2001, 32: 89-94.
104. Toner GC, Stockler MR, Boyer MJ, Jones M, Thomson DB, Harvey VJ, Olver IN, Dhillon H, McMullen A, Gebski VJ, Levi JA, Simes RJ for the Australian and New Zealand Germ Cell Trials Group. Randomised comparison of two standard chemotherapy regimens for good-prognosis germ cell tumours: superior survival with the more dose-intense regimen. Lancet 2001, 357:739-45.
105. Olver I, Davy M, Luftner D, Park S-H, Egorin M, Ellis A, Webster L. A phase I study of paclitaxel and altretamine as second line therapy to cisplatin regimens for ovarian cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 2001, 2: 109-114
106. Healey T, Olver I, Selva-Nayagam S. Immunoproliferative small intestinal disease, two cases in the Northern Territory. Intern Med J 2002, 32: 47-49
107. Eliott J, Olver I. The discursive properties of â~HopeâTM: A qualitative analysis of cancer patientâTMs speech. Qual Health Res 2002, 12: 173-193
108. Olver IN, Eliott J, Blake-Mortimer J. Cancer patientsâTM perceptions of Do Not Resuscitate Orders. Psycho-Oncol 2002, 11 (3), 181-187
109. Borbasi S, Cameron K, Quested B, Olver I, Evans D. More than a sore mouth: patientâTMs experience of oral mucositis. Oncol Nurs Forum 2002 Aug, 29 (7): 1051-1057
110. Olver IN, Hercus T, Lopez A, Vadas M, Somogyi AA, Doyle A, Foster JR, Keefe D, Taylor A, Brown, M, To LB, Cole J, Rawling T, Cambareri B, Myers M, Olszewski N, Bastiras S, Senn C, Hey A, Verma M, Wigley P. A phase I study of the GM-CSF antagonist E21R. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 2002, 50: 171-178
111. Marcu L, van Doorn T, Zavgorodni S, Olver I. Growth of a virtual tumour using probabilistic methods of cell generation. Australasian Physical and Engineering Sciences in Medicine. 2002, 25(4): 155-161
112. Eliott JA, Olver IN, Perceptions of â~Good palliative careâTM orders: a qualitative study of cancer patientsâTM comments. J Pall Med 2003, 6: 59-68
113. Doyle J, Brinkworth CS, Wegener KL, Carver JA, Llewellyn LE, Olver IN, Bowie JH, Wabnitz PA, Tyler MJ. nNOS inhibition, antimicrobial and anticancer activity of the amphibian skin peptide, citropin 1.1 and synthetic modifications. Eur J Biochem 2003, 270: 1141-1153
114. Liebert B, Parle M, Roberts C, Redman S, Carrick S, Gallagher J, Simpson J, Ng K, Khan MA, White K, Salkeld G, Lewis M, Olver I, Gill G, Marchant M, Coates A, North R, Akers G, Cannon A, Gray C, Liebelt J, Rodger A, Henderson M, Stoney D, Hickey P, Archer S, Metcalf C, Trotter J. An evidence-based specialist breast nurse role in practice: a multicentre implementation study. Eur J Cancer 2003, 1: 91-97.
115. Marcu L, van Doorn T, Olver I. Cisplatin and radiotherapy in the treatment of locally advanced head and neck cancer â a review of their cooperation. Acta Oncol 2003, 42(4): 315-325
116. Eliott JA, Olver IN, Legitimating Do Not Resuscitate Orders: A discursive study of cancer patientsâTM speech. J Pall Care 2003, 19:2: 100-106.
117. Schofield P, Ball D, Smith JG, OâTMBrien P, Davis S, Olver I, Ryan G, Joseph D. Optimism and survival in lung carcinoma patients. Cancer 2004, 15:100(6): 1276-1282.
118. Olver IN Aprepitant in antiemetic combinations to prevent chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting. Int J Clin Prac 2004, 58: 201-206.
119. Marcu L, Van Doorn T, Olver I. Modelling of post-irradiation accelerated repopulation in squamous cell carcinomas. Phys Med Biol 2004, 49: 3767-3779.
120. Yap Y-S, Coleman M, Olver I. Aggressive mixed epithelial-stromal tumour of the kidney treated with chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Lancet Oncol 2004, 5: 747-749
121. Olver I. Two decades of progress in treating chemotherapy induced emesis. Cancer Forum 2004, 28(3): 140-143.
122. Wakefield M, Olver I, Whitford H, Rosenfeld E. Motivational interviewing as a smoking cessation intervention for patients with cancer: randomized controlled trial. Nurs Res 2004, 53(6): 396-405
123. Olver IN, Taylor AE, Whitford H. Relationships between patientsâTM pre-treatment expectations of toxicities and post chemotherapy experiences. Psycho-oncology 2005, 14(1):25-33.
124. Kris MG, Hesketh PJ, Herrstedt J, Rittenberg C, Einhorn LH, Grunberg S, Koeller J, Olver IN, Borjeson S, Ballatori E. Consensus proposals for the prevention of acute and delayed vomiting and nausea following high-emetic-risk chemotherapy. Support Care Cancer 2005, 13: 85-96.
125. Aapro MS, Molassioitis A, Olver I. Anticipatory nausea and vomiting. Support Care Cancer 2005, 13:117-121.
126. Feyer PC, Maranzano E, Molassiotis A. Clark-Snow RA, Roila F, Warr D, Olver I.
127. Radiotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting (RINV): antiemetic guidelines. Support Care Cancer 2005, 13: 122-128.
128. Roila F, Feyer P, Maranzano E, Olver I, Clark-Snow R, Warr D, Molassiotos A. Antiemetics in children receiving chemotherapy. Support Care Cancer 2005, 13: 129-131.
129. Koczwara B, Tattersall MH, Barton MB, Coventry BJ, Dewar JM, Millar JL, Olver IN, Schwarz MA, Starmer DL, Turner DR, Stockler MR. Achieving equal standards in medical student education: is a national exit examination the answer? Med J Aust. 2005 Mar, 7;182(5):228-30.
130. Marcu L, Bezak E, Olver I, van Doorn T. Tumour resistance to cisplatin: a modelling approach. Phys Med Biol 2005, 50(1): 93-102.
131. Olver IN, Selva-Nayagam S, Fried O, Davy M, Barton MB. âSome of us know some things and some of us know othersâ- Reducing the impact of cancer care on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities. Cancer Forum 2005, 29: 10-13.
132. Seshadri T, Prince HM, Bell DR, Coughlin PB, James PP, Richardson GE, Chern B, Briggs P, Norman J, Olver IN, Karapetis C, Stewart J. The Australian Cancer Anaemia Survey: a snapshot of anaemia in adult patients with cancer. Med J Aust. 2005, 2;182(9):453-457.
133. Olver I , Lawson S, Rosenfeld E, Kennedy R, Van der Hoek D, Stanley A. Conflicts of interest and human research ethics committees. Australasian Epidemiologist 2005, 12.1
134. Olver I, Keefe D, Myers M, Caruso D. A phase I study of prolonged ambulatory infusion ifosfamide with oral mesna. Chemotherapy 2005,51: 142-146.
135. Eliott J, Olver IN, End-of-life decision making is more than rational. Communication and Medicine 2005, 2: 21-34.
136. Olver IN, Keefe D, Myers M. Phase II study of prolonged ambulatory infusion carboplatin and oral etoposide for patients progressing through hormonal therapy for prostate cancer. Int Med J, 2005, 35(7): 405-408.
137. Olver IN. Update on antiemetics for chemotherapy induced emesis-clinical perspectives. Int Med J 2005, 35: 478-481.
138. Luke CG, Koczwara B, Moore JE, Olver IN, Penniment MG, Pittman K, Price TJ, Rieger NA, Roediger BW, Wattchow DA, Young GP, Roder DM Treatment and survival from colorectal cancer: the experience of patients at South Australian teaching hospitals between 1980 and 2002. Clin Oncol 2005, 17: 372-381.
139. Maranzano E, Feyer PC, Molassiotis A, Rossi R, Clark-Snow RA, Olver I, Warr D, Schiavone C, Roila On Behalf Of Participants In The Perugia Consensus Conference 2004 F. Evidence-based recommendations for the use of antiemetics in radiotherapy. Radiother Oncol. 2005 Sep;76(3):227-233.
140. OâTMBrien PC, Roos DE, Pratt G, Liew KH, Barton MB, Poulsen MG, Olver IN, Trotter GE. Combined-modality therapy for primary central nervous system lymphoma: long-term data from a Phase II multicenter study (Trans-Tasman Radiation Oncology Group). Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005 Sep 27; [Epub ahead of print]
141. Olver IN. The development of future research strategies from reviewing antiemetic trials for chemotherapy induced emesis. Reviews on Recent Clinical Trials, 2006, 1: 61-66.
142. Marcu L, Olver I. Tirapazamine: From bench to clinical trials. Current Clinical Pharmacology 2006, 1: 71-7
143. Koczwara B, Barton M, Coventry B, Millar J, Olver I, Sebasen S, Schwarz M. Cancer curriculum in the Asia-pacific: Opportunities and challenges in the age of globalization. Asia-Pacific J Clin Oncol 2006; 1: 109-113
144. Goldstein D, Ackland SP, Bell DR, Olver IN, Davis ID, Rosenthal MA, Toner GC, Pinel MC, Byrne M. Phase II study of vinflunine in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Invest New Drugs 2006, 24(5): 429-34
145. Koczwara B, Barton MB, Tattersall MH, Turner DR, Olver IN, Starmer DL. How not to effect change in curricula. Med J Aust 2006, 185: 52
146. Marcu L, Bezak E, Olver I. Scheduling cisplatin and radiotherapy in the treatment of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a modelling approach. Phys Med Biol 2006, 15: 3625-37
147. Millward MJ, House C, Bowtell D, Webster L, Olver IN, Gore M, Copeman M, Lynch K, Yap A, Wang Y, Cohen PS, Zalcberg J. The multikinase inhibitor midostaurin (PKC412A lacks activity in metastatic melanoma: a phase IIA clinical and biological study. Br J Cancer 2006, 95(7): 829-834
148. Sambrook P. Olver I, Goss A. Bisphosphonates and osteonecrosis of the jaw. Aust Fam Physician 2006, 35(10): 801-803
149. Pittman KB, Olver IN, Koczwara B, Kotasek D, Patterson WK, Keefe DM, Karapetis CS, Parnis FX, Moldovan S, Yeend SJ, Price TJ. Gemcitabine and Carboplatin in carcinoma of unknown primary site: a phase 2 Adelaide cancer Trials and Education Collaborative study. Br J Cancer 2006, 95(10); 1309-1313
150. Eliott JA, Olver IN. Hope and hoping in the talk of dying cancer patients. Soc Sci Med 2007, 64: 138-149
151. Luke C, Gill G, Birrell S, Humeniuk V, Borg M, Karapetis C, Koczwara B, Olver I, Penniment M, Pittman K, Price T, Walsh D, Yeoh EK, Roder D. Treatment and survival from breast cancer: the experience of patients at South Australian teaching hospitals between 1977 and 2003. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice 2007; 13(2): 212-220
152. Borg M, Yeoh E, Bochner M, Butters J, van Dorn T, Farshid G Kolias J, Kotasek D, Gill G, Lim A, Olver I, Parnis F, Rush G. Feasibility study on the MammoSite in early breast cancer: Initial experience. Australis Radiol 2007, 51(1): 53-61
153. Brown MP, Buckley MF, Rudzki Z, Olver I. Why we will need to learn new skills to control cancer. Int Med J 2007, 37(3): 201-4.
154. Eliott JA, Olver IN. The implications of dying cancer patientsâTM talk on cardiopulmonary resuscitation and do-not-resuscitation orders: A discursive analysis. Qual Health Res 2007; 17; 442
155. Olver I, Shelukar S, Thompson KC. Nanomedicines in the treatment of emesis during chemotherapy: focus on aprepitant. Int J Nanomedicine 2007, 2(1): 13-18
156. Joshi R, Olver I, Keefe D, Marafioti T, Smith K. A phase I study to assess the safety and activity of topical lovastatin (FP252S) for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced alopecia. Support Care Cancer 2007 May 22 [Epub ahead of print]
157. Olver IN, Challenges in Cancer Control in Australia. Med J Aust 2007, 186 (11): 556-557.
158. Olver I, Shepherd L, Selva-Nayagam S. Beyond the bush telegraph: telehealth for remote cancer control and support. Cancer Forum 2007, 31: 77-80
159. Olver IN, Byrne MJ, Walpole E, Vorobiof D, Jacobs K, Hewitt S, McAdam G, Pouget JC, Pinel MC. Phase II study of IV Vinflunine with chemotherapy naÃ&hibar;ve metastatic melanoma. Eur J Cancer 2007, 43(12):1829-32. Epub 2007 Jul 13.
160. Clayton JM, Hancock KM, Butow PN, Tattersall MH, Currow DC; Australian and New Zealand Expert Advisory Group, Adler J, Aranda S, Auret K, Boyle F, Britton A, Chye R, Clark K, Davidson P, Davis JM< Girgis A, Graham S, Hardy J, Introna K, Kearsley J, Kerridge I, Kristjanson L, Martin P, McBride A, Meller A, Mitchel G, Moore A, Noble B, Olver I, Parker S, Peters M, Saul P, Stewart C, Swinburne L, Tobin B, Tickwell K, Yates P; Australasian Society of HIV Medicine; Australian and New Zealand Society of Palliative Medicine; Australasian Chapter of Palliative Medicine; Royal Australasian College of Physicians; Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine; Australian General Practice Network; Australian Society of Geriatric Medicine; Cancer Voices Australia; Cardaic Society of Australia and New Zealand; Clinical Oncological Society of Australia; Motor Nerone Disease Association of Australia; Pallaitive Care Australia; Palliative Care Nurses Australia; Royal Australian College of General Practitioners; Royal College of Nursing Australia; Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand. Clinical practice guidelines for communicating prognosis and end-of-life issues with adults in the advanced stages of a life-threatening illness, and their caregivers. Med J Aust 2007, 186 (Suppl):S79, S83-108.
161. Eliott J, Olver I. Autonomy and the family as (In)Appropriate surrogates for DNR decisions: A qualitative analysis of dying cancer patientsâTM talk. J Clin Ethics 2007, 18(3): 206-218.
162. Beeke C. Olver IN, McLaughlin K. A survey of patientsâTM attitudes towards the use of their health data. Journal of Registry Management 2007, 34: 119-122.
163. Clayton JM, Hancock K, Parker S, Butow PN, Walder S, Carrick S, Currow D, Ghersi D, Glare P, Hagerty R, Olver IN, Tattersall MHN. Sustaining hope when communicating with terminally ill patients and their families: a systematic review. Psycho-oncology 2007, Nov 16 Epub ahead of print.
164. Olver IN. Trastuzumab as the lead monoclonal antibody in advanced breast cancer: choosing which patient and when. Future Oncol 2008 Feb;4(1):125-31.
165. Eliott J, Olver I. Choosing between life and death: patient and family perceptions of the decision not to resuscitate the terminally ill cancer patient. Bioethics 2008 Mar 22(3):197-89.
166. Whitford HS, Olver IN, Peterson MJ. Spirituality as a core domain in the assessment of quality of life in oncology. Psychooncology 2008 Mar 5 [Epub ahead of Print]
167. Cain JM, Storm C, Olver I. Making the decision to not attempt resuscitation. J Oncol Prac 2008,4(2): 99-100.
168. Eliott JA, Kealey CP, Olver IN. (Using) complementary and alternative medicine: the perceptions of palliative patients with cancer. J Palliat Med 2008, 11(1): 58-67.
169. Olver IN. Prevention of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting: Focus on fosaprepitant. Therapeutics and Clinical Risk Management 2008:4(2) 1â6.
170. Olver I, Eliott J. The perceptions of do-not-resuscitate policies of dying patients with cancer. Psycho-Oncology 2008, 17: 347-353.
171. Khan OA, Ranson M, Michael M, Olver I, Levitt NC, Mortimer P, Watson AJ, Marginson GP, Midgley R, Middleton MR. A phase II trial of lomeguatrib and temozolomide in metastatic colorectal cancer. Br J Cancer 2008, 98(10): 1614-8
172. Eliott JA, Olver IN. Dying cancer patients talk about euthanasia. Soc Sci Med 2008 May 30. [Epub ahead of print]
- Olver IN. Conquering Cancer. Your Guide to Treatment and Research. Allen and Unwin, Sydney 1998.
(Reviewed Khadra MH eMJA Bookroom)
2. Olver IN. Is Death Ever Preferable to Life? Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht 2002
(Reviewed Ashby M. Monash Bioethics Review 2004, 23 27-29)
1. Olver IN, Leavitt RD. Chemotherapy and immunotherapy of disseminated renal cancer. In Cancer of the kidney, Javadpour N. (Ed.), Thieme Stratton, New York, 1985, pp 109 120. 2. Olver IN, Hornedo J, Aisner J. Current chemotherapy in the treatment of lung cancer. In Syllabus: A categorical course in radiation therapy Lung Cancer. Cox JD (Ed.), The Radiological Society of North America, 1985, pp 63 74.
3. Bishop JF, Olver IN, Wolf MM et al. Lorazepam: A randomized double blind crossover study of a new antiemetic in patients receiving cytotoxic chemotherapy. In Cancer Nursing Research: A practical approach. Grant M, Padilla GV. (Eds.), Reston Publishing Co., Reston Va. 1986.
4. Olver IN. Antiemetic Trials: Methodological considerations. In Antiemetic therapy: Current status and future prospects. Diaz Rubio E, Martin M, (Eds.), Creaciones Elba, S.A., Madrid, 1992, 81 94. 5. Lieschke GJ, Olver IN. The pericardial effects of Antitumour Drugs. In Cancer Treatment and the Heart. Muggia FM, Green M. (Eds.), Johns Hopkins Press, Baltimore USA, 1992, 344 355. 6. Ashby M, Maddocks I, Malden T, Olver IN. Oncology for Palliative Care. Guide to Learning. The Flinders University of South Australia, 1992.
7. Gill G, Olver I. Check Program of Self Assessment. Cancer I+ II. The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners April and June 1995.
8. Olver IN. Methodology of trials for treating nausea and vomiting. In Dicato M ed. Medical Management of Cancer Treatment Induced Emesis, Martin Dunitz Publishers, London 1998, 9-24.
9. Olver IN. Antiemetics and Symptom Control in Bishop JF ed Concise Cancer Facts. Harwood Academic, Gordon and Breach Science International Publisher, Sydney 1998, 85-90
10. Olver IN. Methodology of trials for antiemetic research. In Dicato M ed. Medical Management of Cancer Chemotherapy Induced Emesis, 2nd Edition, Martin Dunitz Publishers, London 2002 in press
11. Olver IN. Telemedicine in Oncology. In Burg G ed. Telemedicine and Teledermatology. Curr Prob Dermatol Karger 2002, 32:121-12
12. Olver IN, Cheong K, Suthers G. Check Program of Self Assessment Oncology. The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners 2003.
13. Olver IN. Adjuvant Chemotherapy and Biochemotherapy for High-risk Primary Disease and Resected Metastatic Melanoma in Thompson J, Morton D, Kroon B eds. Textbook of Melanoma. Martin Dunitz, London 2004, 547-558
14. Ramshaw HS, Hercus TR, Olver IN, Lopez AF. Potential for haemopoietic growth factor antagonists in oncology In Morstyn G, Foote M-A, Lieschke G eds. Haematopoietic Growth Factors in Oncology Humana Press Inc. Totowa, NJ 2004
15. Olver IN. Bioethical implications of hope. In Eliott J ed. Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Hope. Nova Science Publishers Inc. 2005, 231-246.
16. Cameron K, Olver I, Borbasi S. Oncological Diseases. In Cahng E, Daly J, Elliott eds. Pahophysiology Applied to Nursing Practice. Mosby Elsevier, Sydney 2006, 381-403
Professional AssociationsRoyal Australasian College of Physicians (and Chapter of Palliative Medicine)
Royal Australian College of Medical Administrators Clinical Oncological Society of Australia Medical Oncology Group of Australia
American Society of Clinical Oncology American Association Cancer Research International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer Multinational Association of Supportive Care in Cancer The European Society for Medical Oncology International Psycho-Oncology Society
Australian Medical Association University of Melbourne Medical Society Alfred Hospital Residents and Graduates Association
Professional InterestsMedical Oncology
Community EngagementVice President, Australian Friends of Vellore Lay Preacher, Uniting Church in Australia
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Monday, 9 Jun 2008