Md Alhaz Uddin
|Org Unit||School of Civil, Environmental and Mining Engineering|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 0591|
2007-2010, Structural Design Engineer in Tarique Hasan & Associate Ltd. Dhaka, Bangladesh
2011-2012, Research Assistant in University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Present, PhD Research Fellow (Structural Engineering), University of Adelaide, SA5005, Australia.
2012, M.EngSc (Civil Engineering), University of Malaya (UM), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
2007, B.Sc (Civil Engineering), Khulna University of Engineering & Technology (KUET), Khulna, Bangladesh.
Awards & Achievements
Adelaide Scholarship International (ASI), 2013
KUET Merit Scholarship, 2003-2007
Home District Merit Scholarship, 2004-2005
Composite beam, Finite Element Analysis
Publications1. Md. Alhaz Uddin, Mohammed Jameel, Habibur Rahman Sobuz, Md. Shahinul Islam, & Noor Md. Sadiqul Hasan, (2013). Experimental study on strength gaining characteristics of concrete using Portland Composite Cement', KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, vol. 17, no. 4, 2013/05/01, pp. 789-796.
2. Md. Alhaz Uddin, Mohammed Jameel, Habibur Rahman Sobuz, Noor Md. Sadiqul Hasan, Md. Shahinul Islam and Khan Mahmud Amanat (2012). The Effect of Curing Time on Compressive Strength of Composite Cement Concrete. Applied Mechanics and Materials Vols. 204-208, pp 4105-4109.
3. A.B.M. Saiful Islam, Mohammed Jameel, Md. Alhaz Uddin, Mohd. Zamin Jumaat (2012). Competent Building Elevation for Incorporating Base Isolation in Aseismic Structure. Journal of Procidia Engineering. 50. pp. 882 - 892.
4. Habibur Rahman Sobuz, Ehsan Ahmed, Norsuzailina Mohamed Sutan, Noor Md. Sadiqul Hasan, Md. Alhaz Uddin, Md Jahir Uddin (2011). Bending and time- dependent responses of RC beams strengthened with bonded carbon fiber composite laminates. Construction and Building Materials-Elsevier, 29. pp. 597- 611.
5. Habibur Rahman Sobuz, Ehsan Ahmed, Noor Md. Sadiqul Hasan, Md. Alhaz Uddin (2011). Use of carbon fiber laminates for strengthening reinforced concrete beams in bending. International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering, 2(1). pp. 67-84.
6. A. B. M. Saiful Islam, M. Jameel, Md. Alhaz Uddin, Syed Ishtiaq Ahmad (2011). Simplified design guidelines for seismic base isolation in multi-storey buildings for Bangladesh National Building Code (BNBC). International Journal of the Physical Sciences, 6(23). pp. 5467 - 5486.
7. Md. Alhaz Uddin, Abdul Hamid Sheikh, Terry Bennett, Brian Uy (2017). Large deformation analysis of two layered composite beams with partial shear interaction using a higher order beam theory. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences (Elsevier), 122. pp. 331 - 340.
8. Md. Alhaz Uddin, Abdul Hamid Sheikh, David Brown, Terry Bennett, Brian Uy (2017). A higher order model for inelastic response of composite beams with interfacial slip using a dissipation based arc-length method. Engineering structures (Elsevier), 139. pp. 120-134.
Institute of Engineer's Bangladesh (IEB)
American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
American Concrete Institute (ACI)
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Saturday, 18 Mar 2017
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/mdalhaz.uddin