Dr Melissa Opozda
|Position||Postdoctoral Research Fellow|
|Org Unit||Medical Specialties|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 5351|
Melissa Opozda (nee Opolski).
I am a health psychologist in private practice and Postdoctoral Research Fellow within the Freemasons Foundation Centre for Men's Health at the University of Adelaide, looking at sexuality in individuals experiencing prostate cancer.
- B. Arts Hons (Psych), The University of Adelaide, 2004
- M. Psych (Hlth), The University of Adelaide, 2010
- PhD, The University of Adelaide, 2017
- Opozda, M., Wittert, G., & Chur-Hansen, A. (2017). Patients' reasons for and against undergoing Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding, and vertical sleeve gastrectomy. Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases, 13(11), 1887-1896. doi: 10.1016/j.soard.2017.07.013
- Opozda, M., Chur-Hansen, A., & Wittert, G. (2016). Changes in problematic and disordered eating after gastric bypass, adjustable gastric banding, and vertical sleeve gastrectomy: A systematic review of pre-post studies. Obesity Reviews, 17(8), 770-792. doi: 10.1111/obr.12425
- Opolski, M., Chur-Hansen, A., & Wittert, G. (2015). The eating-related behaviours, disorders, and expectations of candidates for bariatric surgery. Clinical Obesity, 5, 165-197. doi: 10.1111/cob.12104
- Opolski, M., Winefield, H., Howell, C., Toouli, J., Collins, J., & Kow, L. (2014). Banding together: An investigation of postsurgery support groups for laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding patients. Health Psychology Research, 2(2).
- Wilson, A., & Opolski, M. J. (2009). Identifying barriers to implementing a cardiovascular computerised decision support system (CDSS): a Delphi survey. Informatics in Primary Care, 17(1), 23-33.
- Barton, C., Opolski, M., Cleland, E., Cotton, A., Briggs, N., Taylor, M., & Howell, C. (2008). Allied mental health referral: trends in Adelaide Hills Division of General Practice. Australian Family Physician, 37(10), 888-891.
- Howell, C., Marshall, C., Opolski, M., & Newbury, W. (2008). Management of recurrent depression. Australian Family Physician, 37(9), 704-708.
- Opolski, M., & Wilson, I. (2005). Asthma and depression: a pragmatic review of the literature and recommendations for future research. Clinical Practice and Epidemiology in Mental Health, 1(18).
- Weight loss, obesity, and bariatric surgery
- Sustainable health behaviour change (e.g. re: smoking, alcohol and other drugs, exercise, weight)
- Psychological difficulties related to chronic and acute health issues
- Chronic health condition self-management
- Parent/carer/sibling stress (especially related to persons with an intellectual or physical disability or health issue)
- Grief and loss
- Blood, organ, and tissue donation/transplantation
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Wednesday, 14 Feb 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/melissa.opozda