Mr Mohammad Mohsen Sarafraz
|Org Unit||School of Mechanical Engineering|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 4713|
|Mobile||+61 4 1631 1335|
Mohsen is a researcher working for the University of Adelaide. He has a wide background in transport phenomena, two-phase flows and passive cooling and has many publications on the thermodynamics of cooling cycles, boiling heat transfer, heat exchangers and microfluidics. Now, he has been looking into chemical looping gasification and chemical looping combustion for syngas and energy production, respectively. Microfluidics is another area of research he is looking into now. Hydrogen production and Thermal energy storage are other research areas that he has worked on. Following projects have been supervised/ open to the students:
We are looking for passionate postgraduate students to participate in the projects. If you think you are the one, please contact us through: <<email@example.com>>. Details will be discussed over the meeting with the leaders of the projects.
- Nov 2017-Oct 2018, Research Associate, The University of Adelaide, Australia.
- Oct 2015-2018, Ph. D. School of Mechanical Engineering, The Universiy of Adelaide, Australia.
- May 2011, Oct 2015, Nanotechnology and Heat Transfer division, Semnan University, Semnan, Iran.
- Sep 2008-May 2011, IAU Science and Research, M.Sc (Chemical Engineering-Transport Phenomena).
- Sep 2003-Feb 2008, IAU Science and Research, B.Sc (Chemical Engineering-Process Engineering).
- Sep 1993-Sep 2003, Iran Bright Spark (Sampad), Diploma (Mathematics).
Awards & Achievements
- Innovation in Technology, awarded by Centre for Energy Technology (CET), UoA, Australia.
- Best researcher award by Iran nanotechnology initiative council (2017).
- Hot downloaded papers from Applied Thermal Engineering, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Tehran-Iran nanotechnology Institute: Best achievement of research, (2016).
- Adelaide International Scholarships, (2015).
- International Full Fee Covered Fund, University of Newcastle, UK, (2015).
- Best Iranian young scientist (Bright spark symposium), (2014) Awarded by IAUSR, Iran.
- Iran Nano Institute Fund, (INIRF), (2014-2015).
- Best Iranian Researcher, (2014).
- NSP Iranian National Project Fund, Silicon Production ( the University of Tehran and Petroleum University of Technology), (2013).
- Western Asia Ingenuity Festival-Panel of the best young researcher, awarded by Iran-Naja, (2012).
- Best Postgraduate student awarded by Iran Ministry of Science and research, (2011).
- Thermodynamics I and II.
- Unit operation.
- Advanced Heat Transfer.
- Advanced Mass transfer.
- Analytical mathematics.
- Numerical Methods in Chemical Engineering.
- Fluid dynamics
- Separation with membranes
- Water treatments and microfiltration
- Modelling and linear/non-linear regression
- Chemical reactors.
We have some interesting projects for people who seek the light. If you are the one who is looking for a pavement towards a Ph. D. or want to move on the border of knowledge please be in contact. We, always, are looking for postgrads and students who are motivated, talent, smart and science lover. Here are some of the research interests and potential collaboration/research subjects:
- Process Engineering and Plant Design.
- Solar Energy, Chemical Looping Technology, Concentrated Solar Plant, Thermochemical cycle.
- Renewable energy, green fuels and biomass.
- Microfluidics and conventional particulate flows.
- Heat and mass transfer (Transport phenomena).
- Passive two-phase devices and boiling sub-phenomena.
- Process Intensification in porous media.
- nanoparticles, deposition, fouling and attrition of particles in heat transfer media.
- Synthesis of nanomaterials, Carbon nanotubes and metal oxides.
- Coatings, surface characteristics.
- CFD, Computer-aided numerical modelling (Ansys, Comsol and Thermal desktop).
- Process intensification in heat exchangers and micro heat sinks.
- Diffusion in liquid and gases.
- Power cycles and cooling cycles.
Published journal articles
DATABASE ERROR- too much strings
Member of Engineers AustraliaMember of the American society of Nanotechnology,
Member of the editorial board of several journals including American Journal of Engineering, Applied Chemical Engineering
Member of Sampad Elite Organization- Elite and Young Researcher Club, Tehran.
Member of Iranian chemical and mechanical engineering society.
For Memberships, Board advisories and professional activities, please head to:
- My CV_last update_012018 - CV_MM_Sarafraz.pdf [224.3K] (application/pdf)
- Green nano-particles for heat transfer applications-Patent pending - 4.JPG [112.1K] (image/jpeg)
- Microelectronic cooling - 8.JPG [32.6K] (image/jpeg)
- Fouling formation of nano-particles and nanotubes - 10.JPG [121.1K] (image/jpeg)
- Stability analysis of MWCNT - 1.JPG [49.0K] (image/jpeg)
- Vapour blanket formation-CHF - 6.JPG [111.3K] (image/jpeg)
- Contact angle and wettability - 7.JPG [44.1K] (image/jpeg)
- Surface modification for enhancing the performance of nano-particles in two-phase flow heat transfer - 3.JPG [125.3K] (image/jpeg)
- Bubbling analysis in boiling heat transfer - 2.JPG [66.6K] (image/jpeg)
- Flow boiling heat transfer - 5.JPG [61.2K] (image/jpeg)
Categories Engineering, Mining & Energy Expertise Syngas production Chemical Looping Technology Transport phenomena Heat transfer Nano-technology biological nanofluids Solar Energy Passive cooling techniques Boiling heat transfer Process Engineering Mobile 0416 311 335 After hours 0416 311 335
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Monday, 10 Dec 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/mohammadmohsen.sarafraz