Dr Mostafa W. Numan
|Org Unit||School of Computer Science|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 9138|
Mostafa W. Numan is a Postdoctoral Researcher at the School of Computer Science in the University of Adelaide. His current research focuses on automatic deployment of high-level codes onto reconfigurable computing platforms (e.g. FPGAs). During PhD, he designed a Network-on-Chip (NoC) for a computer architecture for AI and cognitive computing, in particular, for the Street Engine processor.
- Ph.D. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, The University of Adelaide, Australia (2018)
- M.Sc. (By research) in Electrical, Electronic and Systems Engineering, National University of Malaysia (UKM), Malaysia (2010)
- B.Sc. (Engineering) in Computer Science and Engineering, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh (2006)
Awards & Achievements
- Australia Postgraduate Award (APA) from the the University of Adelaide for Ph.D. study.
- International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) from the University of Adelaide.
- Yayasan Khazanah Asia Scholarship sponsored by Khazanah Nasional (investment holding arm of the Government of Malaysia) for Masters studies in Malaysia (2009-2010).
- Project funding for Masters research from Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI), Malaysia (2008).
- Shah Jalal University Merit Scholarship in undergraduate studies (2002-2003).
- High-Level Synthesis (HLS)
- Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs)
- System-on-Chip (SoC) and Multi-Processor SoC (MPSoC)
- Automatic code deployment on heterogeneous platforms
- Network-on-Chip (NoC)
- AI and Cognitive Architecture
- Mohammad T. Islam, Mostafa W. Numan and Norbahiah Misran, MIMO Channel Estimation for FPGA Implementation, VDM Verlag Dr. Müller, Germany, June 2010. [Masters thesis]
- Mohammad T. Islam, Mostafa W. Numan, Norbahiah Misran, Mohd Alauddin Mohd Ali and Mandeep Singh, “Hardware Implementation of a MIMO Decoder using Matrix Factorization Based Channel Estimation,” FREQUENZ Journal of RF-Engineering and Telecommunications, vol. 65, no. 3-4, pp. 79-85, June 2011.
- Mohammad T. Islam, Mostafa W. Numan, Norbahiah Misran, Mohd. Alauddin Mohd. Ali, M.B.I. Reaz and J.S. Mandeep, “A Low Complexity MIMO Channel Estimation Design and FPGA Implementation Using Orthogonal Matrix Triangularization,” WSEAS Transactions on Advances in Engineering Education, vol. 7, no. 12, pp. 403-411, Dec. 2010.
- Mostafa W. Numan, Mohammad T. Islam and Norbahiah Misran, “FPGA-Based Hardware Realization for 4G MIMO Wireless Systems,” Informacije MIDEM Journal of Microelectronics, Electronic Components and Materials, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 191-199, Sep. 2010.
- Mostafa W. Numan, Mohammad T. Islam, Norbahiah Misran and Mohd Alauddin Mohd Ali, “A Matrix Factorization Based Channel Estimation Technique for FPGA Implementation of Multiple Antenna System,” International Review of Electrical Engineering, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 1853-1861, July 2010.
- Mostafa W. Numan, Mohammad T. Islam and Norbahiah Misran, “Performance and Complexity Improvement of Training Based Channel Estimation in MIMO Systems,” Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, vol. 10, pp. 1-13, 2009.
- Mostafa W. Numan, Jesse Frost, Braden J. Phillips, Michael Liebelt, "A Network-based Communication Platform for a Cognitive Computer," International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Cognition (AIC 2015), Turin, Italy, Sept 2015.
- Jesse Frost, Mostafa W. Numan, Michael Liebelt, Braden J. Phillips, "A new computer for cognitive computing," 14th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics & Cognitive Computing (ICCI-CC 2015), Beijing, China; July 2015.
- Mohammad T. Islam, Mostafa W. Numan, Norbahiah Misran, M.B.I. Reaz, A.H. Shah, Mohd. A. M. Ali and J.S. Mandeep, “Complexity Cutback of Multiple Antenna Channel Estimation using Orthogonal Matrix Triangularization,” 10th WSEAS International Conference on Telecommunications and Informatics (TELE-INFO '11), Canary Islands, Spain, May 2011, pp. 171-174.
- Mostafa W. Numan, Mohammad T. Islam and Norbahiah Misran, “An Efficient FPGA-Based Hardware Implementation of MIMO Wireless Systems,” IEEE, IET International Symposium on Communication System, Networks and Digital Signal Processing (CSNDSP 2010), Newcastle upon Tyne, UK, July 2010, pp. 152-156.
- Mostafa W. Numan, Mohammad T. Islam and Norbahiah Misran, “A Proficient Channel Estimation Method for Broadband MIMO System,” 2009 IEEE 9th Malaysia International Conference on Communications (MICC 2009), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Dec. 2009, pp. 801-804.
- Mostafa W. Numan, Norbahiah Misran and Mohammad T. Islam, “An Efficient FPGA Based Prototyping Platform for MIMO Decoding,” 2009 International Conference on Space Science and Communication (IconSpace 2009), Port Dickson, Malaysia, Oct. 2009, pp. 47-50.
- Mohammad T. Islam, Mostafa W. Numan and Norbahiah Misran, “Design and Implementation of Alamouti Encoder for 4G Wireless System,” IEEE Region 8 EUROCON 2009 Conference, Saint Petersburg, Russia, May 2009, pp. 1676-1680.
- Mostafa W. Numan, Mohammad T. Islam and Norbahiah Misran, “Implementation of Alamouti Encoder Using FPGA for MIMO Testbed,” International Conference on Advanced Computer Control (ICACC 2009), Singapore, Jan. 2009, pp. 188-192.
- Muhammad R. Alam, Md. Masum, Shafiul H.M. Tareq and Mostafa W. Numan, “Design of an Interactive Bangla Mobile Keypad Based on Ergonomics,” International Conference on Communications and Information Technology (ICCIT 2008), Khulna, Bangladesh, Dec. 2008, pp. 123-127.
- Mostafa W. Numan, Mohammad T. Islam and Norbahiah Misran, “FPGA Based Alamouti Encoder for MIMO System,” Regional Student Conference on Research and Development (SCOReD 2008), Johor, Malaysia, Nov. 2008.
- Mostafa W. Numan, Norbahiah Misran and Mohammad T. Islam, “Analysis of Two Training-Based Channel Estimations for MIMO System,” Regional Student Conference on Research and Development (SCOReD 2008), Johor, Malaysia, Nov. 2008.
- Mostafa W. Numan, Norbahiah Misran and Mohammad T. Islam, “Performance Comparison between Two Training Based Channel Estimations for Alamouti MIMO-OFDM,” Engineering Postgraduate Conference (EPC 2008), Kajang, Malaysia, Oct. 2008.
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/mostafa.numan