Dr Nima Sedaghatizadeh
|Org Unit||School of Mechanical Engineering|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 0499|
Bachelor of Science (Solid Mechanics), Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Babol Noshirvani University of Technology, Iran, 2008.
Master of Science (Energy Conversion Systems), Department of Mechanical Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology, 2011.
PhD in Mechanical Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, 2018.
Awards & Achievements
Awards and Honours
· Dean’s Commendation for Doctoral Thesis Excellence, 2018.
· Adelaide Scholarship Internation (ASI), 2013.
· Nominated for Khwarizmi national award, 2011.
Inventions & Patents
· Pocket device for protecting pregnant women against electromagnetic waves.
· A novel magnetic mechanism for copy cutting machine.
· A new non-Invasive void fraction measurement device.
· Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and turbulent modelling (DNS, LES, Embedded LES, SAS, DDES, RANS)
- Two-phase/multi-phase fluid flow, particulate flow
- Heat transfer
- Large Eddy Simulation of Flow Past bluff bodies using Lattice Boltzmann Method (LBM).
· Experiments in free and wall-bounded turbulent flows.
· Renewable energy; wind energy, solar energy, wave and tidal energy, and hybrid renewable energy power systems.
· Aeroacoustics and aerodynamically induced noise and propagation.
· Bluff body aerodynamics and atmospheric boundary layer related to solar thermal systems and wind assessment.
· Biomechanics and biofluidics.
· Experimental and Numerical investigation of nano-fluid flow and heat transfer.
Sedaghatizadeh, N., Arjomandi, M., Kelso, R., Cazzolato, B., Ghayesh, M., (2019). Effect of Boundary layer on the wake of a wind turbine. Journal of Energy, 182, 1202-1221.
Sedaghatizadeh, N., Arjomandi, M., Kelso, R., Cazzolato, B., Ghayesh, M., (2017). Modelling of wind turbine wake using large eddy simulation. Renewable Energy, 115, 1166-1176.
Sedaghatizadeh, N., Arjomandi, M., Cazzolato, B., & Kelso, R. (2017). Wind farm noises: Mechanisms and evidence for their dependency on wind direction. Renewable Energy, 109, 311-322.
Fardad, A. A., Atefi, G., Sedaghatizadeh, N., Mofidi, M., & Fallah, K. (2015). Approximate Solution for Blood Flow through an Artery in Cosserat Continuum. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology, 150527103417002. doi:10.1080/01932691.2011.605659
Sedaghatizadeh, N., Barari, A., Soleimani, S., & Mofidi, M. (2013). Analytical and numerical evaluation of steady flow of blood through artery. Biomedical Research, 24(1), 88-98.
Fallah, K., Fattahi, E., Fardad, A., Sedaghatizadeh, N., & Ghaderi, A. (2012). Numerical simulation of planar shear flow passing a rotating cylinder at low Reynolds numbers. Acta Mechanica.
Fallah, K., Fardad, A., Sedaghatizadeh, N., Fattahi, E., & Ghaderi, A. (2011). Numerical simulation of flow around two rotating circular cylinders in staggered arrangement by multi-relaxation-time Lattice Boltzmann method at low Reynolds number. World Applied Sciences Journal, 15(4), 544-554.
Fardad, A., Sedaghatizadeh, M., Sedaghatizadeh, N., & Soleimani, S. (2011). Temperature, velocity and microrotation analysis of blood flow in Cosserat continuum using Homotopy Perturbation Method. World Applied Sciences Journal.
Asgharian, A., Ganji, D., Soleimani, S., Asgharian, S., & Sedaghatizadeh, N. (2011). Analytical approach to heat and mass transfer in MHD free convection from a moving permeable vertical surface. Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences.
Sedaghatizadeh, N., Atefi, G., Fardad, A. A., Barari, A., Soleimani, S., & Khani, S. (2011). Analysis of blood flow through a viscoelastic artery using the Cosserat continuum with the large-amplitude oscillatory shear deformation model. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 4(7), 1123-1131. doi:10.1016/j.jmbbm.2011.03.021
Soleimani, S., Sedaghatizadeh, N., Asgharian, A., & Ganji, D. (2010). Analysis of flow and heat transfer in a parallelogram Non-uniform heated enclosure filled with porous medium. Journal of Heat Transfer-Asian Research.
Ganji, D. D., Asgharian, A., & Sedaghati Zadeh, N. (2009). Approximate Solution of Mixed-Convection Boundary-Layer Flow Adjacent to a Vertical Surface Embedded in a Stable Stratified Medium. Heat Transfer Research, 40(8), 729-745. doi:10.1615/HeatTransRes.v40.i8.20.
· Sedaghatizadeh, N., Arjomandi, M., Nathan, G., (2018). The effect of wind velocity and turbulence intensity on the particle and gas flow inside a cavity receiver, SolarPACES 2018, Accepted for poster presentation.
· Sedaghatizadeh, N., Arjomandi, M., Nathan, G., (2018). The effect of boundary conditions on the performance of a free-falling solar particle receiver, SolarPACES 2018, Accepted for poster presentation.
· Sedaghatizadeh, N., Arjomandi, M., kelso, R., Cazzolato, B., & Ghayesh, M. (2016). Effect of wall confinement on a wind turbine wake. In The Proceedings of the 20th Australasian Fluid Mechanics Conference. Perth, Australia.
· Soleimani, S., Sedaghatizadeh, N., Ganji, D. D., Asgharian, A., & Shirkharkolay, I. M. (2011). Numerical simulation of two dimensional stokes flow between eccentric rotating circular cylinders. In M. H. Aslan, A. Y. Oral, M. Ozer, & S. H. Caglar (Eds.), AIP Conference Proceedings Vol. 1400 (pp. 574-578). Antalya, TURKEY: AMER INST PHYSICS. doi:10.1063/1.3663184
· Sedaghatizadeh, N., Fallah, K., Ghaderi, A., Fattahi, E., Fardad, A., & Atefi, G. (2011). Simulation of Planar Shear Flow Passing Two Equal-Sized Circular Cylinders in Tandem Arrangement. In AIP Conference Proceedings. Antalya, Turkey: AIP Publishing.
· Sedaghatizadeh, N., Fardad, A., Soleimani, S., Fallah, K., Ghaderi, A., & Sedaghatizadeh, S. (2011). Cosserat Continuum Mechanical Approach to Blood Flow through a Viscoelastic Artery Using LAOS Deformation Model. In Advances in Applied Physics and Material Science. Antalya, Turkey.
· Sedaghatizadeh, N. (2011). Approximate Solution of Steady Blood Flow Through an Artery by Cosserat Continuum Approach. In AIP Conference Proceedings. Antalya, Turkey: AIP Publishing.
· Member of Australasian Fluid Mechanics Society
· Member of ISME (Iranian Society of Mechanical Engineers)
· Member of Iranian Organization for Engineering Order of Building
· Member of Iranian National Elite Foundation
· Member of Young Researchers Club
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Wednesday, 24 Jul 2019
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/nima.sedaghatizadeh