Dr Philippa Rasmussen
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 3866|
Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences Building
I am the co-ordinator of the Master of Nursing Science program and the Internationalisation Lead for the School of Nursing.I have worked at the in the School of Nursing since 2009. I am a credentialed mental health nurse with a clinical background in child and adolescent mental health and community health. My main areas of practice have been infant, child and adolescent mental health and community health. I spent many years working as a senior clinician in both the public and private sectors as well as in the United Kingdom. She has worked in health sector as an educator and a manager and at the Nurses Board of South Australia as a Nursing Investigation Officer.
- Registered Nurse
- Mental Health Nurse (credentialed)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Flinders University)
- Grad Cert Health Child and Adolescent Mental Health Nursing (Flinders University)
- Grad Dip Psychological Studies (Deakin University)
- Master of Nursing (Flinders University)
- PhD (Flinders University)
- Perinatal, child and adolescent mental health
- Ethics and the law
- Community health
- Master of Nursing Science Program
- Research Dissertation Part a
- Research Dissertation Part b
- Research Dissertation Part c
- Research Dissertation Part d
- International Issues in Nursing Service Delivery
- Research Literacy
- Professional Practice
- Professional Identity
- Tacit Knowledge
- Nursing practice parameters
- Role development in nursing
- Nursing knowledge
- Child and adolescent mental health nursing
Postgraduate research supervision
Currently supervising Masters students in the following areas, perinatal mental health, palliative care, mental health ethnographies of acute in-patient, units, child and adolescent mental health, the role of paramedics in psychiatric cases, suicide and risk assessment.
PhD students in the following areas mental health, yoga and mindfulness and ADHD and paediatric clinics.
Rasmussen, P., Muir-Cochrane, E., & Henderson, A. (2011). An analysis of the work of Child and Adolescent Mental Health Nurses on an inpatient unit. Paper presented at the 37th International Conference of the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses, Gold Coast, Queensland, 4-7 October.
Rasmussen, P., Muir-Cochrane, E., & Henderson, A. (2012). A holistic conceptual framework for the work of child and adolescent mental health nurses on an inpatient unit in Australia. Paper presented at the Horatio: European Festival of Psychiatric Nursing, Stockholm, Sweden, 20-23 September 2012.
Rasmussen, P., Muir-Cochrane, E., & Henderson, A. (2013). A developmental approach to becoming a child and adolescent mental health nurse on an inpatent unit in Australia. Paper presented at the Inaugral Australian College of Mental Health Nurses International Research Symposium, 19 April 2013.
Rasmussen, P. (2014). Identifying the scope of practice in nursing sub-specialties using child and adolescent mental health as an illustration. Paper presented at the Royal College of Nursing Annual International Research Conference, Glasgow, Scotland, 2-4 April 2014.
Member of the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses
Australian College of Mental Health Nurses reviewer of credentialing applications
Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council assessor
- Reviewer Journal of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing
- Reviewer International Journal of Mental Health Nursing
- Australian College of Mental Health Nurses reviewer of credentialing applications
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council assessor
- Reviewer The Australian Journal of Nursing Practice, Scholarship and Research
- Reviewer Nursing and Health Sciences Journal
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Saturday, 24 Jun 2017
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/philippa.rasmussen