Associate Professor Robyn Davidson
|Org Unit||Business School Office|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 8373|
Nexus 10 Tower
Dr Robyn Davidson joined the University of Adelaide Business School in 2009. In 2016 she was admitted into the Adelaide Academy as an Education Specialist and was appointed the Associate Head Learning and Teaching in Accounting and Finance. Robyn teaches financial accounting in Adelaide and offshore in Singapore and China. Previously Robyn worked and studied at Flinders University. She has a PhD in electronic commerce, an honours degree majoring in accounting and computer science, and education qualifications.
In Robyn’s PhD research she devised a way of identifying and measuring electronic service quality gaps. She tested the method on Australian wineries. Her current research interests are in technology use in teaching, information systems, electronic service quality, Web 2.0 and business models. She has published in education, information systems and business journals.
2013 Graduate Certificate in Online Learning (Higher Education)
2012 Graduate Certificate in Education (Higher Education)
2005 Doctor of Philosophy (Electronic Commerce)
Thesis: Electronic Service Quality Gaps in Australian Wineries
2001 Bachelor of Commerce (Hons 1st class)
Thesis: Information Systems Risk Analysis for Smaller South Australian Public Accounting
1998 Bachelor of Commerce(majors in Accounting and Computer Science)
1996 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
Awards & Achievements
University of Adelaide
2016 Beacon Commendations for the Enhancement and Innovation of Student Learning
2016 Adelaide Education Academy, Inaugural member
2016 Adelaide Education Specialist appointment
2013 The Fred McDougall Award for Postgraduate Teaching
2006 Vice Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching
2005 School of Commerce Auditor-General’s Department Prize for Research and Publishing
2001 Australian Postgraduate Award
2000 University Medal
2000 Chancellor's Letter of Commendation
1999 Golden Key Honour Society Scholarship
1998 The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia Prize in Accounting
1998 The Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants' Prize in Accounting
1998 Chancellor's Letter of Commendation
1997 Chancellor's Letter of Commendation
Intermediate Financial Reporting (M)
Accounting Concepts and Methods (M)
Information Systems 1
Commercial Law and Information Systems (M)
Areas of research
Technology use in teaching
Web 2.0 technologies
Electronic Service Quality
Principal supervisor Prof Lee Parker at UniSA.
“Progressing Business Model Research Towards Mid-Range Theory Building”.
Mohd Hisham Mohd Sharif
Principal supervisor Dr Indrit Troshani .
“Social Media Adoption and Impact in Australian Local Government"
Co-supervisor Assoc Prof Janice Loftus.
Commenced February 2012.
Working title: “Judgement Making Under the Expected Loss Model”
Co-supervisor Dr Chee Cheong
Commenced March 2014
Working title: "The Impact of Industry Competition on Selective Hedging"
Co-supervisor Assoc Prof Bryan Howieson
Commenced July 2015
Working title: "Chinese Accounting Students' Previous Experiences and Performance in Australian Universities".
Jointly supervised with Dr Chee Cheong
Completed 2013 (1st class)
"The Impact of Operating leases Capitalization on Financial Statements and Value Relevance: Australian Evidence"
Jointly supervised with Assoc Prof Bryan Howieson
Completed 2014 (1st class)
"Chinese Accounting Students’ Motivations and Strategies to Assessments"
"Innovation of eLearning: The adoption of a pedagogical intervention in a core accounting course"
- 2017 Univesity of Adelaide, Faculty of Professions Program Renew Grant. Expanding experiential learning processes in finance coursework, $22,000
- 2017 University of Adelaide, Faculty of Professions Learning Development Grant. Mandarin Learning Support Pilot in ACCTING 7019 Accounting Concepts and Methods, $3,000
- 2013 Univesity of Adelaide, Faculty of Professions Learning Development Grant. Development of eLearning resources, $10,000
- 2008 Flinders Univesity, University Transition Grant, $4,000
- 2007 Flinders University, Early Career Researcher Grant, 8,000
Refereed Journal Articles
- Sharif, M. H. M., Troshani, I., Davidson, R. (2016) "Determinants of social media impact in local government", Journal of Organizational and End User Computing, Vol.28, No.3.
- Davidson, R.A. (2015) "Wiki Use That Increases Communication and Collaboration Motivation: A reflection several semesters later", Journal of Learning Design, Vol.8, No.3. pp. 92-105.
- Mohd Sharif, M.H., Troshani, I. and Davidson, R.A. (2015) "Public Sector Adoption of Social Media", Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol.44, No.4.
- Lambert, S.C. & Davidson, R.A. (2013) "Application of the Business Model in Studies of Enterprise Success, Innovation and Classification: An analysis of empirical research from 1996 to 2010", European Management Journal, Vol.31, pp. 668-681.
- Davidson, R.A. (2012) "Wiki Use That Increases Communication and Collaboration Motivation", Journal of Learning Design, Vol.5, No.2. pp. 38-49.
- Davidson, R.A. (2009) "A Longitudinal Study of Australian Winery Websites", Asian Pacific Management Review, Vol.14, No.4.
- Tilt, C. Davidson, R. & Tilling, M. (2008) "NGO Communication and Activism via Electronic Media: Australian Evidence", Third Sector Review, Vol. 14, No.2, pp.75-96.
- Davidson, R.A. & Lambert, S.C. (2004) "Applying the Australian and New Zealand Risk Management Standard to Information Systems in SMEs", Australasian Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 12, No.1, September, pp. 4 - 17.
- Sharif MHM, Troshani I, and Davidson R.A. (2015) “Adoption of Social Media Services: The case of local government organizations in Australia”, chapter in Mobile Computing and Wireless Networks: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications. 3-4: 1697-1713. 30 Sept.
- Sharif MHM, Troshani I, Davidson R.A. (2015) “Adoption of social media services: The case of local government organizations in Australia” chapter in Social Media and Networking: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications. 2-4: 900-916. 31 July.
- Mohd Sharif, MHM, Troshani, I. and Davidson, R.A. (2014) "Adoption of Social Media Services: The Case of Local Government Organisations in Australia" chapter in edited book Demand-Driven Web Services: Theory, Technologies, and Applications, Editors: Sun TE, Yearwood J . 1, 287-303. IGI Global, United States.
Refereed Conference Papers
- Sharif, M.H., Davidson, R.A. and Troshani, I. (2013) "Exploring Social Media Adoption in Australian Local Government Organizations", In proceedings of 2013 International Conference on Information Resources Management (CONF-IRM 2013), Natal, Brazil, July 22-24. Available http://aisel.aisnet.org/confirm2013/29
- Davidson, R.A. & Lambert, S.C. (2012) “Wiki Based Teamwork: An Innovation in Student Learning and Assessment”, In proceedings of Canada International Conference on Education (CICE2012), Guelph, Canada, June 18-21.
- Davidson. R.A. (2011) “Ethics! Teaching ethics to accounting students”, In Proceedings of Annual Summit on Business and Entrepreneurial Studies (ASBES), Kuching, Malaysia, Oct.
- Davidson. R.A. (2011) “Facilitating the enhancement of communication and collaboration skills in accounting students”, AFAANZ Accounting Educators SIG, Darwin, June.
- Davidson. R.A. (2010) "Using Web 2.0 Technology to Enhance Student Learning", In Proceedings of The Annual International Conference on Computer Science Education: Innovation and Technology Conference (CSEIT) 2010, Phuket, 6-7 Dec.
- Davidson. R.A. (2010) "Enhancing Graduate Attributes in Accounting Students", In Proceedings of The RMIT Accounting Educators’ Conference, Melbourne, 15 Nov.
- Willison. J., Jerram. C., Davidson. R. & Foley. B. (2010) " ‘Team Based Learning’: students do read in advance and transform lectures into zones of analytical discussion", In Proceedings of the 5th ERGA Conference (Education Research Group of Adelaide), Adelaide, 23-24 Sept.
- RaoHill, S., Troshani, I. & Davidson, R.A. (2009) "Developing an e-collaboration framework for knowledge sharing in the Australian wine-making industry", In proceedings of ACIS2009, Dec 2-4, Melbourne, Australia.
- Davidson, R.A. (2009) "Identifying and Measuring Electronic Service Quality Gaps", In proceedings of iNCEB2009, Oct. 28-30, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Lambert, S.C. & Davidson, R.A. (2009) "What Do We Know About e-Business Models in Practice?", In proceedings of iNCEB2009, Oct. 28-30, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Davidson, R.A. (2008) "Changes in Australian Winery Websites Over a Five Year Period ", In proceedings of Bled e Conference: Overcoming Boundaries through Multi-Channel Interaction, June 15-18, Bled, Slovenia.
- Davidson, R.A. (2007) "Five Year Longitudinal Study of Australian Winery Websites", In proceedings of The 13th Asia Pacific Management Conference, Melbourne, Nov 18 – 20.
- Davidson, R.A. (2007) "Australian Winery Websites: Moving Towards Satisfied Customers", In proceedings of e-CASE (electronic commerce, administration, society, and education), Hong Kong, August 15 – 17.
- Tilt C.A., Tilling M.V. and Davidson R. (2006) "NGO Activism via Websites", paper presented at the Australasian Conference on Social and Environmental Accounting Research, Wellington, New Zealand, 22-24 November.
- Davidson, R.A. & Lambert, S. (2005) "An Australian Winery B2C Website Design Framework and Contributing Factors to the e-SQ Gaps", Proceedings of CollECTeR Australia 2005, July 13, Sydney.
- Davidson, R.A. (2005) "Measuring Electronic Service Quality Gaps", Proceedings of CollECTeR Europe 2005, June 12-13, Furtwangen, Germany.
- Davidson, R.A. & Cooper, J. (2005) "Electronic Service Quality Gaps in the Australian Wine Industry", Proceedings of Bled E-Commerce Conference, June 6-8, Bled, Slovenia.
- Davidson, R.A. (2004) "A Study of Australian Winery Websites", Proceedings of CollECTeR 2004, May 7-8, Adelaide.
- Davidson, R.A. (2003) "A Business-to-Consumer Internet Commerce Model for Australian Wineries", Proceedings of PACIS 2003 Doctorial Consortium, July 10, Adelaide.
- Davidson, R.A. (2002) "Development of an Industry Specific Web Site Evaluation Framework for The Australian Wine Industry", Proceedings of CollECTeR2002, December 1-2, Melbourne.
- Davidson, R.A. & Lambert, SC (2002) "Information System Security and Risk Management for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises", Proceeding of SEAANZ Conference, June 22-24, Adelaide.
Professional AssociationsSenior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Fellow of the Institute of Public Accountants (FIPA)
Member of the Association of Information Systems (AIS)
Member of Golden Key International Honour Society
Conference Organisation & Reviewing
- 2017-present day Torrens University Academic Advisory Board
- 2016-present day Eynesbury College Academic Board
2010-2013 National Institute of Accountants (NIA) SA/NT Divisional Councillor
2009-2012 Member of the SACE Accounting Curriculum Leaders Group.
2008-2009 Future SACE Accounting Reference Group Committee. Designing the curriculum for the new Stage 1 and 2 SACE Accounting subject.
2008 Flinders University representative at the annual CPA Joint Universities Committee Meeting.
Member of the Department of Further Education, Employment, Science and Technology (DFEEST) panels for assessing applications. (Assessing accreditation requirements for Bradford College to deliver the course Bachelor of Business and assessing Kaplan Business School. Assessing re-registration to deliver the Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.)
Member of the International Committee Board, The 2007, 2008 International Conference on electronic Commerce, Administration, Society, and Education, (eCase2007, eCase2008).
Member of Programme Committee of the 2nd International Conference on Information Management and Business (IMB2006), 13-16 February, 2006, Sydney, Australia. Organised by University of Western Sydney and Australian Computer Society.
Reviewer for the International Bled eCommerce conference and CollECTeR (Collaborative Electronic Commerce Technology and Research) conferences in Australia and Europe since 2005.
Reviewed numerous articles for the Journal of Research and Practice in Information Technology, Journal of Learning Design and others on an ad hoc basis
Reviewed text books for various publishers and contributed teaching materials to supplement the text “Accounting in Context” by Potter, Libby, Libby and Short (2009) published by McGraw Hill.
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Wednesday, 7 Feb 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/robyn.davidson