Mr Santonu Kumar Sanyal
|Org Unit||Molecular and Biomedical Science|
Santonu Kumar Sanyal is a PhD Student in the School of Biological Sciences at The University of Adelaide. His PhD Project is 'Analyzing Microbial Diversity on Metal Rich (specially Gold) Environments'. His research interest aims to unveil complex relationship of Microbes and Metal’s biogeochemical Cycle. Mr. Sanyal received the prestigious Adelaide Scholarship International (ASI) for pursuing his PhD. He obtained his B.S (Hon’s) with Deans Award (2012) and M.S (2014) in Microbiology from The University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. Previously He worked on Arsenic Microbiome analysis and bioremediation project as a MS thesis student.
ACADEMIC APPOINTMENTS AND EMPLOYMENT
- 2016 (July) – present: Lecturer (On Study Leave) Department of Microbiology, Jagannath University, Dhaka-1100, Bangladesh
- 2015(May) – 2016 (July): Lecturer Department of Microbiology, Jessore University of Science and Technology, Jessore-7408, Bangladesh
- 2014 (Aug) – 2015 (May): Research Assistant in Microbial Genetics and Bioinformatics Lab-109, Department of Microbiology, The University of Dhaka.
- 2014 M.S. (Research) in Microbiology, The University of Dhaka. (Thesis Topic: Diversity of Arsenite oxidase gene and Arsenotrophic Bacteria from Arsenic contaminated Soils of Faridpur, Bangladesh)
- 2012 B.S. Microbiology, The University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
Awards & Achievements
§ Duke of Edinburgh bronze award for young people.(2010)
§ Nippon Foundation & Bangladesh scholarship council’s scholar award (2010)
§ Bangladesh Govt. board merit Scholarship (2006-2013)
§ National Science and technology fellowship (thesis) (2013-2014)
§ Deans Award (Faculty of Bioscience , University of Dhaka) (2013)
§ Outstanding performance Award for BS (Hons). (Department of Microbiology, DU) (2013)
§ Outstanding performance Award for MS Exam (Department of Microbiology, DU) (2014)
§ Adelaide Scholarship Interntional (ASI) for PhD (Cellular and Molecular Biology) at The University of Adelaide. (2016)
1. Sultana, M., Mou, T.J., Sanyal, S.K., Diba, F., Mahmud, Z.H., Parvez, A.K., Hossain, M.A., (2017). Investigation of Arsenotrophic Microbiome in Arsenic-Affected Bangladesh Groundwater. Groundwater; doi: 10.1111/gwat.12520
2. Bashar, S., Sanyal, S. K., Sultana, M., & Hossain, M. A. (2017). Emergence of IntI1 associated blaVIM-2 gene cassette-mediated carbapenem resistance in opportunistic pathogen Pseudomonas stutzeri. Emerging Microbes & Infections, 6(5), e29.
3. Sanyal, S. K., Mou, T. J., Chakrabarty, R. P., Hoque, S., Hossain, M. A., & Sultana, M. (2016). Diversity of arsenite oxidase gene and arsenotrophic bacteria in arsenic affected Bangladesh soils. AMB Express, 6(1), 1.
4. Sultana, M., Sanyal, S. K., & Hossain, M. A. (2015). Arsenic Pollution in the Environment: Role of Microbes in Its Bioremediation. In S. Singh, & K. Srivastava (Eds.) Handbook of Research on Uncovering New Methods for Ecosystem Management through Bioremediation (pp. 92-119). Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference. DOI: 10.4018/978-1-4666-8682-3.ch005
5. Sanyal, S. K., Karmaker, M., Sultana, M., & Hossain, M. A. (2015). Association of Bacillus circulans with non-diabetic foot infection in Bangladeshi patient. Indian journal of medical microbiology, 33(4), 606. DOI: 10.4103/0255-0857.167346
6. Karmaker, M., Sanyal, S.K., Sultana, M., Hossain, M.A., 2016. Association of bacteria in diabetic and non-diabetic foot infection - An investigation in patients from Bangladesh. Journal of infection and public health 9, 267-277. doi: 10.1016/j.jiph.2015.10.011
7. Hossain, A., Nandi, S. P., Siddique, M. A., Sanyal, S. K., Sultana, M., & Hossain, M. A. (2015). Prevalence and distribution of White Spot Syndrome Virus in cultured shrimp. Letters in applied microbiology, 60(2), 128-134. DOI: 10.1111/lam.1235
8. Sanyal, S. K., Chakrabarty, R. P., Hossain, M. A and Sultana M. (2014).Characterization of Arsenite Resistant Escherichia coli Isolated from Tubewell Water of Singair, Manikganj, Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Microbiology., 31 (1&2)
9. Hossain, A., Sanyal, S. K., Siddique, M. A., Biswas R.K., Sultana, M., & Hossain, M. A. (2014). Envelope Protein Gene VP466-a Target for PCR Detection of White Spot Syndrome Virus in Shrimp. Bangladesh Journal of Microbiology, 31 (1&2)
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Friday, 24 Aug 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/santonukumar.sanyal