Dr Simon Vanlint
|Org Unit||General Practice|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 4634|
178 North Terrace - Terrace Towers
- Senior lecturer, Discipline of General Practice, University of Adelaide
- Assistant Dean (Students, Years 4-6), MBBS Program, University of Adelaide
- General Practitioner,Salisbury Family Care, 2/89 Stanbel Rd, Salisbury Plain (0.2 FTE)
1987 – 1991 Basic hospital medical rotations, RACGP Family Medicine Program
GP terms at Meningie (SA) & Townsville (Qld)
1991 – 2000 Rural general practitioner (also practicing obstetrics and anaesthetics), Barmera, South Australia.
2000 – 2003 General practice in Suffolk, UK.
2004 Ashford International Research Centre as a clinical investigator, helping conduct over 20 clinical trials, principally in the areas of endocrine diseases, women’s health and cardiovascular diseases.
In October 2004 I commenced work with the University of Adelaide.
MB BS (University of Adelaide), 1986
Dip Obst, RACOG, 1990
PhD (Medicine, University of Adelaide), 2013 "Community perspectives on vitamin D and bone health in 3 at-risk populations"
Awards & Achievements
'Rural clinical teacher of the year': 2007 (awarded by year 6 student body)
Prof. Derek Frewin, AO, Citations for excellence in clinical teaching: 2011, 2012
Assistant Dean (students), years 4-6
Clinical teaching years 4 - 6
Previously Convenor of year level committees (year 1, year 2, years 2/3)
2007 PHCRED seeding grant 'vitamin D and Aboriginal Australians'
2007 RACGP Vicki Kotsirilos Integrative Medicine Grant 'omega-3 fatty acids and bone health'
Journal publications (note: * indicates an international journal - 5 out of a total of 9)
1. Vanlint S (2005) " Vitamin D and adult bone health in Australia and New Zealand: a position statement." (letter) Medical Journal of Australia 183(1): 52-54.
ERA ranking A; Journal impact factor 2.684; my contribution 100%
2. * Vanlint S, Nugent M (2006) “Vitamin D and fractures in people with intellectual disability” J Intellect Disabil Res 50(10): 761-7
ERA ranking B; Journal impact factor 1.596; 9 citations; my contribution 80%
3. Vanlint S, Nugent M et al. (2008). "Vitamin D and people with intellectual disability." Australian Fam Physician 37(5): 348-351
ERA ranking B; Journal impact factor 0.647; 3 citations; my contribution 60%
4. * Vanlint S, Nugent M, et al. (2008). "A guide for the assessment and management of vitamin D status in people with intellectual disability." J Intellect Dev Disabil 33(2): 184-188.
ERA ranking C; Journal impact factor 1.347; 1 citation; my contribution 60%
5. * Vanlint S, Morris HA et al (2010). “Vitamin D and Aboriginal Australians” (abstract) Osteoporosis International, 21(S5): S718
ERA Ranking A; Journal impact factor 4.859; my contribution 80%
6. Vanlint S, Morris HA, et al. (2011). "Vitamin D insufficiency in Aboriginal Australians." Medical Journal Australia 194(3): 131-134.
ERA ranking A; Journal impact factor 2.684; 6 citations; ; my contribution 80%
7. Gialamas A, Aylward P, Vanlint S, Stocks N (2011) “Cholesterol lowering medication - patients' knowledge, attitudes and experiences” Australian Fam Physician 40(7): 519-522
ERA ranking B; Journal impact factor 0.647; my contribution 15%
8. * Vanlint S, Ried K (2012) “Efficacy and tolerability of calcium, vitamin D and a plant-based omega-3 oil for osteopenia: A pilot RCT.” Maturitas 71(1):44-8
ERA Ranking B; Journal impact factor 2.155; my contribution 75%
9. * Vanlint S (2013) “Vitamin D and obesity”. Nutrients 2013; 5(3):949-956
This journal is listed in the ERA table, but is new and as such did not have a ranking in the 2010 ERA table, nor has it yet received an impact factor. My contribution 100%
Member, The Endocrine Society (USA)
Secretary, Adelaide Bone Group
Health of marginalised populations/groups
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Monday, 18 Dec 2017
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/simon.vanlint