Dr Thu Phuong Pham
|Org Unit||Accounting and Finance|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 4510|
Nexus 10 Tower
PhD Finance (University of Sydney, Australia); MSc Economics and Finance (Toulouse School of Economics, France); B. Finance (Honours) (National Economics University, Vietnam)
Awards & Achievements
- University of Adelaide, Women's Research Excellence Award 2019.
- Best Paper Award Nomination, 2019 FMA Annual Meeting (New Orleans)
- Elsevier Outstanding Reviewer Award, 2017, Emerging Markets Review
- SIRCA Best Paper Award, 2016 Auckland Finance Meeting, New Zealand
- Semi-finalist for the Best Paper Award in Market Microstructure;
Top ten session in the 2016 FMA Annual Meeting (Las Vegas)
- University of Tasmania Teaching Merit Certificates (2015)
- Career Development Scholarships for the UTAS Academic Staff (2013)
- University of Sydney Dean’s Citation for Tutoring (2009, 2010)
- University of Sydney International Research Scholarship for PhD study (2008 – 2011)
- Royal Economic Society Scholarship, UK (2010)
- Visiting Scholar, University of Sydney (2007)
- Eiffel Excellence Scholarship, France (2002-2003)
- NEU Vice-Chancellor’s Certificate of Merit (2000)
Phuong's teaching experience spans across a number of Economics and Finance areas for both undergraduate and Master levels including Financial Risk Management, Corporate Finance and Banking in Sydney, Adelaide, Tasmania and Singapore.
- CORPFIN 3504 - Treasury and Financial Risk Management III
- CORPFIN 7042NA - Corporate Financial Risk Management
- CORPFIN 4102 - Advanced Finance (H)
Market Microstructure, Banking, Corporate Governance and Applied Economics
- AFAANZ research grant 2015-2016
- AFAANZ research grant 2015-2016 (with Joakim Westerholm)
- AFAANZ research grant 2014-2015 (with Jean-Charles Rochet and Quynh Anh Vo)
- AFAANZ research grant 2014-2015 (with Mardi Dungey, David Michayluk, Alex Frino and Maria Kim).
- AFAANZ research grant 2012-2013 (with Joakim Westerholm)
- University of Adelaide Business School: Small Research Grant 2016
- University of Tasmania: Research Enhancement Grants Scheme (REGS) 2015
- University of Tasmania: TSBE Matching Fund, 2014-2015
- University of Tasmania: Grant-Conference Support Scheme, 2014
- University of Tasmania Faculty Research Grant 2012
- University of Tasmania Faculty Conference Travel Grant 2011, 2012, 2014
- University of Sydney: Postgraduate Research Support Scheme 2008, 2009, 2010
Peer-reviewed Academic Articles
1. “The curious case of changes in trading dynamics when firms switch from NYSE to Nasdaq” (with V.A. Dang and D. Michayluk); Journal of Financial Markets (2018), 41, 17-35.
2. “Female Leadership and Borrowing Constraints: Evidence from an Emerging Economy” (with A.T. Bui, C.V. Nguyen, and T.D. Phung); International Review of Financial Analysis (2019), in press.
3. “Impacts of economic integration on living standards and poverty reduction of rural households in Vietnam” (with A.T. Bui and C. V. Nguyen), Journal of Asian Economics (2019), in press.
4. “The effect of tuition fee reduction and education subsidy on school enrollment: Evidence from Vietnam ” (with A.T Bui, C.V Nguyen, D.K Nguyen, and T.H.H Nguyen), Children and Youth Services Review (2019), in press.
5. “Does idiosyncratic risk matter? Evidence from mergers and acquisitions”, (with P. Nguyen, and Y. Ben Zaied), Journal of Risk Finance (2019), in press.
6. “A survey of research into securities market transparency” (with J. Westerholm), Australasian Accounting Business and Finance Journal, Vol.9:1, in press.
7. “Poverty among ethnic minorities: transition process, inequality, and economic growth” (with A.T. Bui and C.V. Nguyen), Applied Economics, (2017) 49, 3114-3128.
8. “Latency reduction and market quality: The case of the Australian Stock Exchange” (with H. Murray and H. Singh), International Review of Financial Analysis (2016), 46, 257 - 265.
9. “Broker ID Transparency and Price Impact of Trades: Evidence from the Korean Exchange", International Journal of Managerial Finance (2015), Vol. 1, Iss 1 pp. 117 – 131.
10. “The impact of natural disasters on household income, expenditure, poverty, and inequality: evidence from Vietnam” (with A.T. Bui, M. Dungey, and C.V. Nguyen), Applied Economics, (2014) 46:15, 1751-1766.
11. “An international trend in market design: Endogenous effects of limit order book transparency on volatility, spreads, depth and volume” (with J. Westerholm), Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions & Money, (2013), 27, 202-223.
12. “The time to shut down”, (with A.T. Bui), Economics Bulletin, (2007), Vol. 7, No. 14 pp. 1-14.
Emerging Markets Review - Elsevier Outstanding Reviewer Award 2017
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Friday, 11 Oct 2019
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/thuphuong.pham