Mr Trung Nguyen
|Org Unit||School of Agriculture, Food and Wine|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 6502|
|Mobile||+61 4 3363 0001|
Awards & Achievements
- Award of Doctor of Philosophy for the PhD study
- Dean’s Commendation for Doctoral Thesis Excellence awarded by Dean of Adelaide Graduate Centre
1. Walker M. E., Sundstrom J., Liccioli T., Dillon S., Long D., Nguyen T. D., Tek E. L., Zhang J. (2014) Adelaide researchers head “over the ditch” for Australian yeast meeting, Journal of Grapegrower and Winemaker, 602.
2. Nguyen T. D., Walker M. E., Gardner J. M., Jiranek V. (2013) Appropriate vacuolar acidification in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is required for efficient high sugar fermentation, Food Microbiol, 2018 Apr, 70:262-268. Epub 2017 Oct 4. DOI:
3. Walker, M.E., Nguyen,T. D., Liccioli, T., Schmid, F., Kalatzis, N., Sundstrom, J.F., Gardner, J.M., and V. Jiranek (2013) Genome-wide identification of the Fermentome; genes required for successful and timely completion of fermentation by Saccharomyces cerevisiae, BMC Genomics 2014 Jul 3, 15:552. DOI:
4. T. D. Nguyen (2013) Determination of the genetic basis for successful fermentation in high sugar media, Doctor of philosophy degree thesis, The University of Adelaide, Australia.
5. Nguyen T. D., Walker M. E., Gardner J. M., Jiranek V. (2013) Vacuolar acidification may play a key role in the ability of yeast to successfully complete industrial fermentation, Poster presentation at the 15th Australian Wine Industry Technical Conference, Sydney.
6. T. D. Nguyen, M. E. Walker, J. M. Gardner, V. Jiranek (2013) The link between the trehalose biosynthesis pathway and the completion of fermentation, Poster presentation at the Yeasts: Products, Discovery, and more conference at the Massey University, Auckland, New Zealand.
7. Michelle Walker, Jade Haggerty, Jin Zhang, Trung D. Nguyen, Joanna Sundstrom, Tommaso Liccioli, Jennie Gardner and Vladimir Jiranek (2013) Overexpression studies – an approach to understand the mechanisms behind successful alcoholic fermentation, Oral presentation at the Yeasts: Products, Discovery, and more conference at the Massey University, Auckland, New Zealand.
8. Nguyen T. D., Walker M. E., Gardner J. M., Jiranek V. (2011) Identification of genes in wine yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) required for high sugar fermentation( HSF) by deletion library screening in chemically defined grape juice media (CDGJM), Oral Presentation at Postgraduate symposium, The University of Adelaide, 2011.
9. Nguyen T. D. and Tran T. M. (2007) Evaluation emulsion creation and foam stability in black sesame milk during processing, The proceeding of Asian Food Conference 2007, Malaysia.
10. Nguyen T. D. (2007) Improvement emulsion stability in black sesame milk during processing and storage, Master degree thesis, Hanoi University of Technology, Vietnam.
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Thursday, 5 Jul 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/trung.d.nguyen