Dr Xiaobo He
|Position||Postdoctoral Research Fellow|
|Org Unit||Centre for Global Food and Resources|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 1784|
Nexus 10 Tower
My personal webpage: http://kimir4.wix.com/xiaobohe
2017.3-present: School of Business, Shanghai University of International Business and Economics, Assistant Professor.
2015.3-2017.3: School of International Economics and Trade, Shanghai Finance University, Assistant Professor.
2015.1-present: Global Food Studies, Faculty of the Professions, University of Adelaide, Visiting Research Fellow.
2014.1-2014.12: Global Food Studies, Faculty of the Professions, University of Adelaide, Associate Lecturer.
2013.7-2014.1: Global Food Studies, Faculty of the Professions, University of Adelaide, Postdoctoral Research Fellow.
2009.8-2013.6: Ph.D Economics, University of Adelaide
Applied Microeconometrics, Labor and Development Economics
King, Debra; Mavromaras, Kostas; Wei, Zhang; He, Bryan (Xiaobo); Healy, Joshua; Macaitis, Kirsten; Moskos, Megan and Smith, Llainey. "The Aged Care Workforce, 2012", Canberra: Australian Government, Department of Health and Ageing, 2012.
- Nie, Peng; He, Xiaobo; Sousa-Poza Alfonso. 2018. "Child loss and maternal wages in China", Asian Population Studies, 14: 96-112.
- Fan, Wen; He, Xiaobo. 2017. "Differences in the response heterogeneity of educational attainment and achievement to the same instrumental variable", Applied Economics Letters, 24:1315-1319.
- Zhu, Hongjia; Deng, Yongheng; Zhu, Rong; He, Xiaobo. 2016. "Fear of nuclear power: Evidence from Fukushima nuclear accident and land market in China", Regional Science and Urban Economics, 60:139-154.
- He, Xiaobo and Zhu, Rong. 2016. "Fertility and female labour force participation: Causal evidence from urban China", Manchester School, 84: 664-674.
- Zhu, Rong and He, Xiaobo. 2015. "How does women's happiness respond to retirement? A two-stage analysis", Economics Letters, 137: 118-122.
- Wang, Fang; Miao, Degang; He, Xiaobo. 2015. "Did civilian granaries affect social stability? Empirical evidence from the Qing Dynasty (1817-1856)", Frontiers of Economics in China, 10: 483-508.
- Nie, Peng; Sousa-Poza, Alfonso; He, Xiaobo. 2015. "Peer effects on childhood and adolescent obesity in China", China Economic Review, 35: 47-69.
- Umberger, Wendy; He, Xiaobo; Minot, Nicholas; Toiba, Hery. 2015. "Examining the relationship between the use of supermarkets and over-nutrition in Indonesia", American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 97: 510-525.
- He, Xiaobo and Sim, Nicholas. 2015. "Does economic growth affect urbanization? New evidence from China and the Chinese National Congress", Journal of Asian Economics, 36: 62-71.
- Chen, Shuo and He, Xiaobo. 2015. "Road to success? The effects of road toll on economic growth in China", Applied Economics Letters, 22: 158-162.
- He, Xiaobo and Findlay, Christopher. 2014. "Policy restrictions and services performance: Evidence from 32 countries", Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy, 5: 14400.
- Lin, Faqin; Huang, Can; He, Xiaobo and Zhang, Chao. 2013. "Do higher educated entrepreneurs matter?", Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, 27: 104-116.
- Zhang, Zhengyu and He, Xiaobo. 2012. "Estimation of a heteroscedastic binary choice model with an endogenous dummy regressor", Economics Letters, 117: 753-757.
- He, Xiaobo; Luo, Zijun; Zhang, Junjie. 2017. When airpocalypse met blockbusters: The impact of air pollution on box office. (ready to submit)
- Dong, Zhiqiang; He, Xiaobo; Zhong, Yuejun. 2017. Do birth dates matter for individual income: Evidence from China. (R&R at CER)
- He, Xiaobo; Luo, Zijun. 2017. Far away gold: How distance to host country affects Olympic performance. (under review)
- 2015: Referee for Journal of Housing Economics X1, Journal of Economic Surveys X1, World Economy X1, China Economic Review X3, Journal of the Economics of Ageing X1
- 2015: Seminar coordinator, School of International Economics and Trade, Shanghai Finance University
- 2014: Referee for Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization X1; Review of Income and Wealth X2; Agricultural Economics X1; Journal of the Economics of Ageing X1
- 2014: Seminar coordinator, Global Food Studies, University of Adelaide
- 2013: Referee for Journal of the Economics of Ageing X1
- Services trade (Chinese) - CN.rar [9.3MB] (application/octet-stream)
- 组会4 - 4th.rar [7.3MB] (application/octet-stream)
- Services trade (English) - EN.rar [8.6MB] (application/octet-stream)
- 组会3 - 3rd.rar [8.9MB] (application/octet-stream)
- 组会1-2 - 1st_and_2nd.rar [4.2MB] (application/octet-stream)
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Friday, 7 Dec 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/xiaobo.he