Dr Yinlan Ruan
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 6326|
Dr. Yinlan Ruan gained her PhD from the Australian National University, Australia in 2006 with her thesis focusing on low loss chalcogenide planar waveguide devices for all-optical processing. After her PhD, she joined Center of Excellence in Photonics in University of Adelaide. She firstly worked in fluoride glass development, then transferred to protein sensing. She is currently working in an ARC granted project as an Australian Postdoctoral Fellow (APD). This project is to model, fabricate and characterise light enhancement within nano size core hole in soft glass microstructured fibers and explore its applications in nonlinearity, high resolution imaging and nanolithography. At the same time, she is also working in excitaiton of surface plasmon resonace with high index nano fibers for applicaitons of imaging and optical manipulation.
- PhD of Physical Science and Engineering, The Australian National University (ANU), April 2006.
Thesis: “Chalcogenide planar waveguide devices for all-optical processing”.
- Master of Optoelectronics Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST), China, 1996.
- Bachelor of Electronic Materials Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST), China, 1991.
Awards & Achievements
· Early Career Research Excellence Award 2008 by Faculty of Science, University of Adelaide;
· Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad, 2005;
· Endeavor Australian Cheung Kong award by Australian Government for half-year overseas visiting research, 2005.
- Fiber/cavities based biosensing;
- Color centers in diamonds;
- Fiber based single photon sources;
- Fiber magnetometry based on nitrogen vacancy centers;
- Micro- and nano structured fibers based on silica and soft glasses;
- Surface plasmon resonace;
- Surface-enhanced Raman scattering and field enhanced flurescence;
- Detection of environmental pollutants and food safety.
1. M. Han, M. Chen, H. Ebendorff-Heidepriem, C. Fang, A. Qin, H. Zhang, B. Z. Tang, Y. Tang and Y. Ruan, “An optical fibre sensor for remotely detecting water traces in organic solvents”, RSC Advances 2016.
2. Y. Ruan, L. Ding, Jingjing Duan H. Ebendorff-Heidepriem, and T. Monro “Integration of conductive Reduced graphene oxide into microstructured optical fibres for optoelectronic applications,” Scientific Reports, 6, 21682, 2016.
3. Y. Ruan, B. C. Gibson, D. W. M. Lau, A. D. Greentree, H. Ji, H. Ebendorff-Heidepriem, B. C. Johnson, T. Ohshima and T. M. Monro, “Atom-photon coupling from nitrogen-vacancy centers embedded in tellurite microspheres,” Scientific Reports, 5, 11486, 2015.
4. Fang, Cheng, Yujun Xie, Martin Ross Johnston, Yinlan Ruan, Ben Zhong Tang, Qian Peng, and Youhong Tang. "SERS and NMR Studies of Typical Aggregation-induced Emission Molecules." The Journal of Physical Chemistry A,119, 29(2015).
5. Y. Ruan, J. Hong, B. Johnson, O. Takeshi, A. Greentree, B. Gibson, T. Monro and H. Ebendorff-Heidepriem, “Nanodiamond in tellurite glass Part II: practical nanodiamond-doped fibers,” Optical Materials Express 5, 73-87(2015).
6. H. Ebendorff-Heidepriem, Y. Ruan, J. Hong, B. Johnson, O. Takeshi, A. Greentree, B. Gibson, T. Monro. "Nanodiamond in tellurite glass Part I: origin of loss in nanodiamond-doped glass," Optical Materials Express 4.12 (2014): 2608-2620.
7. Y. Ruan, K. Boyd, H. Ji, A. Francois, H. Ebendorff-Heidepriem, J. Munch and T. M. Monro. "Tellurite microspheres for nanoparticle sensing and novel light sources," Optics Express 22, 11995-12006(2014).
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Thursday, 9 Aug 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/yinlan.ruan