Ms Zahra Bagheri
|Org Unit||School of Mechanical Engineering|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 0499|
Biography/ BackgroundI am currently working on developing a target tracking model inspired by dragonfly vision for robotic applications. This is an interdisciplinary projet which requirs knowledge of insect physiology and neurobiology, computer vision, modelling and control of dynamic systems, signal processing, and robotics. My PhD supervisors are:Professor Benjamin Cazzolato School of Mechanical Engineering, University of AdelaideDr Steven Grainger School of Mechanical Engineering, University of AdelaideProfessor David O'Carroll Department of Biology, Lund UniversityDr Steven Wiederman School of Medical Science, University of AdelaideMy professional background includes:
- April 2013-present: PhD student, School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Adelaide, Adelaide
- May 2011-March 2013: Design Engineer, ND Co, Tehran, Iran
- Feb 2009- Dec 2010: Teaching Assistant, Algebra and Calculus Methods, Department of Mathematics,The Australian National University, Canberra
- March2007- Dec2008: Design Engineer, Cara Tehran Nou Avar, Tehran, Iran
Furthermore, I was involved in volunteering programs whilst attending the university.
- School of Mechanical Engineering Postgraduate Representative (2015)
- Vice President of Multicultural Women’s Advocacy, Canberra, Australia, Dec 2010 - May 2011
- Master of Engineering (Honours), The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia, 2010
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical), Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran, 2007
Awards & Achievements
- University finalist for 3 Mintes Thesis Competition 2015, The University of Adelaide.
- The Best PhD Student Award, ICINCO 2014, Vienna
- The SAHMRI 'Mind and Brain' Student Poster Award, NeuroEng 2014, Adelaide
- College Postgraduate Honours International Awards 2009, The Australian National University
Robotics, Bio-inspired Vision, Visual Autonomous Navigation, Neuroengineering
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Wednesday, 8 Jun 2016
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/zahra.bagheri