Explore the worlds of ancient Greece and Rome – their arts, literature and thought.
Study the ancient civilisations of Greece and Rome in the only classics discipline in South Australia. As a classics student at The University of Adelaide, you will discover the history, art and culture of ancient times and have exclusive access to the Museum of Classical Archaeology.
As a classics student you will:
- Discover what is "classical" about the ancient world
- Explore the culture, art, society, religions, literature and political ideas of ancient Greece and Rome
- Acquire a knowledge of the ancient world and an appreciation of its legacy
- Improve your language skills by studying a semester of Latin on campus
- Develop skills in close reading and interpretation of source material
- Access exclusive materials at our Departmental Museum - the largest collection of artefacts from ancient Greece and Rome in South Australia.
A member of the Group of Eight – a grouping of the most prestigious universities in Australia, The University of Adelaide has a history of excellence in research and teaching. Our academic staff are leading experts in their field and active researchers. Our Department of Classics, Archaeology and Ancient History offers students a unique learning environment with our neighbours the Art Gallery of South Australia and the South Australian Museum, as well as exclusive access to our Departmental Museum.
Degrees that offer this study area
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Arts
- Diploma in Arts
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Arts
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the courses and programs it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary programs and courses without notice. Please read the important information contained in the disclaimer.
Last updated: 09 Jul 2019