To prepare for the future we need to study the past.
Discover the past and the ways it has helped to shape society today. Explore the cultural, social, economic and political aspects of the lives of men and women in the past. As a history student at The University of Adelaide, you have the opportunity to study a variety of time periods from nations across the globe.
As a history student you will:
- Study a broad selection of periods (medieval, early modern and modern history) across five continents
- Gain a strong foundation in global histories with a focus on empires and revolutions
- Understand how cultures and countries have developed
- Gain exclusive knowledge with The University of Adelaide Library's world-class history collections.
- Learn skills in critical thinking, analysis and research whilst strengthening your writing and communication skills
- Conduct research like a historian and take field trips for onsite research data collection
As a history student at The University of Adelaide you will be well prepared for your future career. Your creativity, strong communication skills, critical thinking and data analysis will set you apart.
Degrees that offer this study area
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of International Development
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary) with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary) with Bachelor of Mathematical and Computer Sciences
- Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary) with Bachelor of Music
- Diploma in Arts
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Arts
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the courses and programs it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary programs and courses without notice. Please read the important information contained in the disclaimer.
Last updated: 09 Jul 2019