We can assist in stopping poverty, improving human rights and ending conflict in developing countries.
Enter a rewarding career focused on improving the wellbeing of communities in developing countries. As an international development student at The University of Adelaide, you will study the causes and consequences of global poverty and unequal development. Gain the skills and knowledge help to tackle big picture problems facing developing nations and become part of the solution.
As an international development student you will:
- Study the roles governments, businesses and society play in creating sustainable development plans
- Discover how politics, the economy and cultures can impact developing countries
- Explore the major factors leading to extreme poverty, inequality and environmental vulnerability
- Research possible solutions to poverty and sustainable development in the developing world
- Gain an understanding of the issues surrounding unequal development
- Develop the skills needed to make a real and positive difference in the lives of others.
At the University of Adelaide, our international development teachers have first-hand experience working for a wide variety of aid organisations in Afghanistan, Indonesia, Nepal and Papua New Guinea. As an international development student you can gain in-country experience by studying abroad. The University of Adelaide offers programs with Scope Global in Vietnam, Indonesia, Africa and Asia.
Degrees that offer this study area
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Sociology
- Diploma in Arts
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Arts
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the courses and programs it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary programs and courses without notice. Please read the important information contained in the disclaimer.
Last updated: 09 Jul 2019