Globally dynamic and technology-driven, the media industry thrives on creativity and knowledge.
Learn about the media industry both nationally and internationally. You will study of all forms of media from the digital age including TV, radio, film, print and online media. Explore media’s history and how modern technology has impacted media and culture.
As a media student you will:
- Gain a firm understanding of digital and traditional media industries and technologies
- Explore the ways digital media shapes societal views
- Develop the skills required for employment within media and various other industries
- Bring together academic learning and workplace experience with a media industry placement
- Study creative media practices such as visual and online design, radio and video production
- Combine a unique blend of industry skills with practical and theoretical knowledge.
As a media student at The University of Adelaide, you will work closely with industry, gaining first-hand experience and knowledge enabling you to put your media training into practice in real-world situations.
Students will develop professional-level skills through a variety of courses in the areas of digital media, media policy and law, writing, research and reporting and digital storytelling.
Included within the course are Media Internships and live Radio Adelaide broadcasts. Our Sia Furler Institute for Contemporary Music and Media also offers courses with a unique blend of media and music.
Degrees that offer this study area
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Creative Arts
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Media
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Computer Sciences
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Criminology
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Sociology
- Bachelor of Teaching (Secondary) with Bachelor of Arts
- Diploma in Arts
The University of Adelaide is committed to regular reviews of the courses and programs it offers to students. The University of Adelaide therefore reserves the right to discontinue or vary programs and courses without notice. Please read the important information contained in the disclaimer.
Last updated: 09 Jul 2019