Careers that fall within the arts and humanities banner are concerned with how society works; how we communicate; and how we can thrive.
Incredible subject choiceOur arts and humanities degrees cover a huge range of interests and human activity - from the creative arts, languages, history and media, to criminology, international development, environmental policy and politics. They can equip you to succeed in a wide variety of valuable and rewarding roles, such as in:
- government and public service
- social planning and policy development
- foreign affairs and diplomacy
- festival management and cultural curation
- crime prevention
- humanitarian work
- the creative industries
An enviable location
The University of Adelaide presents an ideal location for arts study. Our main campus' position in the heart of our city's central business district and cultural precinct puts a vast number of related bodies and organisations - government, private sector and not-for-profit - within an easy walk. Capitalising on this advantage, you'll have ample opportunity to deepen your real-world understanding through hands-on experience with one of these organisations in an extended internship.
Employment growth for arts- and humanities-related roles range broadly from stable to very strong†.
Make History in Arts
Take a look at the wide range of careers and industry partnerships that our Arts students access during their studies.
*QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2022.
^Labour Market Insights 2021.
26 matching degrees found
Masters by Coursework
- Master of Arts
- Master of Arts (Interpreting, Translation and Transcultural Communication)
- Master of Arts (Studies in Art History)
- Master of Curatorial and Museum Studies
- Master of Environmental Policy and Management
- Master of Immersive Media Technologies
- Master of International Security
- Master of Media (Strategic Communication)
- Master of Public Policy
- Graduate Diploma in Art History
- Graduate Diploma in Curatorial and Museum Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Environmental Policy and Management
- Graduate Diploma in Immersive Media Technologies
- Graduate Diploma in International Security
- Graduate Diploma in Interpreting, Translation and Transcultural Communication
- Graduate Diploma in Media (Strategic Communication)
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Graduate Certificate in Curatorial and Museum Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Environmental Policy and Management
- Graduate Certificate in Immersive Media Technologies
- Graduate Certificate in International Security
- Graduate Certificate in Media (Strategic Communication)
- Graduate Certificate in Public Policy
Undertaking two degrees offered by the University has allowed me to broaden my skill base. Undertaking opportunities offered by the University such as study tours, internships and starting a club, my life perspective has also been broadened.
Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws