Humanities and Social Sciences
Cultivate a deep understanding of the complex and fascinating mix of cultures, values and beliefs that make up the human world.
Make an impact on society by becoming a subject matter expert who can formulate and advise on policy that shapes the future. The great challenges of our time revolve around social issues such as environmental management, international development, criminology, international relations, and sociology. You will learn skills in data analysis and research - demand for expertise in these areas is strong.
Reflect on the great works of literature and art that have shaped our understanding of what it is to be human, or create your own creative work. Develop your knowledge of another language and culture through language study that is integrated with cultural courses. Delve into endangered languages and Indigenous knowledges while studying linguistics. Re-visit history both recent and classical to better understand where we’ve come from, and to prepare for the digital future.
Our graduates work in areas as diverse as social impact assessment and planning, natural resource management, corrections system, immigration and foreign affairs, fraud investigation, and non-government organisations that deal with housing, health services, disability advocacy and support, and youth development.
^QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2020
University has been a rewarding experience that has developed me both personally and professionally. I’ve gained vital skills in time management, critical thinking and the ability to self-direct my learning. I’ve also loved the social element of uni and the chance to meet so many diverse people from different backgrounds.
41 matching degrees found
- Bachelor of Arts (Advanced) with Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts (Advanced) with Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Arts with Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Criminology with Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Criminology with Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of International Relations with Bachelor of Media
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Criminology
- Bachelor of Media with Bachelor of Sociology