Dr Anne Macpherson
|Org Unit||Paediatrics and Reproductive Health|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 3419|
Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences
PhD (1995) Moash University, Dept Obstetrics & Gynaecology. Thesis: Angiogenesis in the endometrium
- ovarian cancer
- blood chemistry analysis
- epigenetics, DNA methylation and pyrosequencing
- early life programming and obesity
1. Ricciardelli C, Lokman NA, Sabit I, Gunasegaran K, Bonner WM, Pyragius CE, Macpherson AM, Oehler MK. Novel ex vivo ovarian cancer tissue explant assay for prediction of chemosensitivity and response to novel therapeutics. Cancer Lett. 2018 Feb 6. pii: S0304-3835(18)30131-9. doi: 10.1016/j.canlet.2018.02.006.
2. Ricciardelli C, Lokman NA, Pyragius CE, Ween MP, Macpherson AM, Ruszkiewicz A, Hoffmann P, Oehler MK. Keratin 5 overexpression is associated with serous ovarian cancer recurrence and chemotherapy resistance. Oncotarget. 2017 Mar 14;8(11):17819-17832
3. Moran LJ, Fraser LM, Sundernathan T, Deussen AR, Louise J, Yelland LN, Grivell RM, Macpherson A, Gillman MW, Robinson JS, Owens JA, Dodd JM. The effect of an antenatal lifestyle intervention in overweight and obese women on circulating cardiometabolic and inflammatory biomarkers: secondary analyses from the LIMIT randomised trial. BMC Med. 2017 Feb 14;15(1):32.
4. Kind KL, Tam KK, Banwell KM, Gauld AD, Russell DL, Macpherson AM, Brown HM, Frank LA, Peet DJ, Thompson JG. Oxygen-regulated gene expression in murine cumulus cells. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2014 Jan 6. doi: 10.1071/RD13249. [Epub ahead of print]
5. Kind, Karen Lee; Banwell, Kelly Michelle; Gebhardt, Kathryn Michelle; Macpherson, Anne Meredith; Gauld, Ashley Douglas; Russell, Darryl Lyndon; Thompson, Jeremy Gilbert E. Microarray analysis of mRNA from cumulus cells following in vivo or in vitro maturation of mouse cumulus-oocyte complexes. Reproduction Fertility and Development, 2013; 25(2):426-438
6. Chen, Miaoxin; Macpherson, Anne Meredith; Owens, Julie Anne; Wittert, Gary Allen; Heilbronn, Leonie Kaye Obesity alone or with type 2 diabetes is associated with tissue specific alterations in DNA methylation and gene expression of PPARGC1A and IGF2. Journal of Diabetic Research & Clinical Metabolism, 2012; 1:16
7. Sharkey, David James; Macpherson, Anne Meredith; Tremellen,Kelton Paul; Mottershead, David Gregory; Gilchrist, Robert Bruce; Robertson, Sarah Anne TGF-β mediates proinflammatory seminal fluid signaling in human cervical epithelial cells. Journal of Immunology, 2012; 189(2):1024-1035
8. Chin, PY, Macpherson AM, Thompson JG, Lane M, and Robertson SA. Stress response genes are suppressed in mouse preimplantation embryos by granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF) Hum. Reprod. 2009; 24: 2997-3009.
9. Sferruzzi-Perri AN, Macpherson A, Roberts CT, Robertson SA. Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GMCSF) regulates junctional zone trophoblast lineage commitment and thereby placental morphogenesis and function. Placenta 2008; 29 (8):A98-A98
10. Sharkey DJ, Macpherson AM, Tremellen KP, Robertson SA. Seminal plasma differentially regulates inflammatory cytokine gene expression in human cervical and vaginal epithelial cells. Mol Hum Reprod 2007; 13(7):491-501.
11. Nucleic acid markers for use in determining predisposition to neoplasm and/or adenoma, Inventors James, Robert; Henry, Julianne; Kazenwadel, Jan; Van Holst Pellekaan, Nick; Macpherson, Anne; O'Connor, Susan. Publication number WO03025214 Publication Date 2003-03-27
12. Lash G, Macpherson A, Liu D, Smith D, Charnock-Jones S, Baker P. Abnormal fetal growth is not associated with altered chorionic villous expression of vascular endothelial growth factor mRNA. Mol Hum Reprod 2001 Nov;7(11):1093-8.
13. Charnock-Jones DS, Macpherson AM, Archer DF, Leslie S, Makkink WK, Sharkey AM, Smith SK. The effect of progestins on vascular endothelial growth factor, oestrogen receptor and progesterone receptor immunoreactivity and endothelial cell density in human endometrium. Hum Reprod 2000 Aug;15 Suppl 3:85-95.
14. Macpherson AM, Archer DF, Leslie S, Charnock-Jones DS, Makkink WK, Smith SK. The effect of etonogestrel on VEGF, oestrogen and progesterone receptor immunoreactivity and endothelial cell number in human endometrium. Hum Reprod 1999 Dec;14(12):3080-7
15. Wingfield M, Macpherson A, Healy D L, Rogers PAW (1999) Endothelial cell chemotaxis in response to endometrium-conditioned medium from women with and without endometriosis. Submitted to Angiogenesis
16. Goodger (Macpherson) AM, Rogers PAW (1995) Blood vessel growth and endothelial cell density in the rat endometrium. J Reprod Fert 105: 259 - 261.
17. Goodger (Macpherson) AM, Rogers PAW (1995) Blood vessel growth in the endometrium. Microcirculation 2: 329 - 343.
18. Wingfield M, Macpherson A, Healy D L, Rogers PAW (1995) Cell proliferation is increased in the endometrium of women with endometriosis. Fertilty & Sterility 64: 340 - 346.
19. Thomas T, Macpherson AM, Rogers PAW (1994) Ceruloplasmin gene expression in the rat uterus. Biochim Biophys Acta 1261: 77 - 82.
20. Goodger (Macpherson) AM, Rogers PAW, Affandi B (1994) Endometrial endothelial cell proliferation in longterm users of subdermal levonorgestrel. Human Reproduction 9: 1647 - 1651.
21. Goodger (Macpherson) AM, Rogers PAW (1994) Endometrial endothelial cell proliferation during the menstrual cycle. Human Reprod. 9: 399 - 405.
22. McClure N, Macpherson AM, Healy DL, Wreford N, Rogers PAW (1994) An immunohistochemical study of human ovarian endothelial cell proliferation. Human Reproduction 9: 1401 - 1405.
23. McClure N, Macpherson AM, Abberton K, Healy DL, Wreford N, Rogers PAW (1994) Human follicular fluid maturity and endothelial cell chemotaxis. Human Reproduction 9: 1226 - 1230.
24. McClure N, Macpherson AM, Abberton K, Healy DL, Rogers PAW (1993) Human follicular fluid maturity and endothelial cell mitogenesis. Human Reproduction 8: 1564 - 1569.
25. Goodger (Macpherson) AM, Rogers PAW (1993) Proliferating endothelial cells in the endometrium of early pregnant rats. J. Reprod. Fertil. 99:451-457.
26. Rogers PAW, Macpherson A, Beaton L (1992) Reduction in endometrial neutrophils in proximity to implanting rat blastocysts. J. Reprod. Fert. 96:283-288.
27. Salamonsen LA, Butt AR, Macpherson AM, Rogers PAW, Findlay JK (1992) Immunolocalization of the vasoconstrictor endothelin in human endometrium during the menstrual cycle and in umbilical cord at birth. Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 167:163-167.
28. Rogers PAW, Macpherson A (1990) In vivo microscopy of the rat endometrial subepithelial capillary plexus during the oestrous cycle and following ovariectomy. J. Reprod. Fert. 90:137-145.
29. Macpherson AM, Rogers PAW, Beaton LA (1989). Vascular response in a non-uterine site to implantation stage embryos following xenogeneic transfers between the rat, mouse, and guinea-pig. Cell Tiss. Res. 258:417-423.
30. Rogers PAW, Murphy CR, Cameron IK, Leeton J, Hosie M, Beaton L, Macpherson A (1989). Uterine receptivity in women receiving steroid replacement therapy for premature ovarian failure: ultrastructural and endocrinological parameters. Human Reprod. 4:349-354.
31. Rogers PAW, Murphy CR, Leeton J, Hosie M, Beaton L, Macpherson A (1989). An ultrastructural study of human uterine epithelium from a patient with a confirmed pregnancy. Acta Anat 135:176-179.
32. Rogers PAW, Macpherson AM, Beaton L (1988). In vivo and ultrastructural studies of the vascular response in a non-uterine site to implantation stage embryos in the rat and guinea-pig. Cell Tissue Res 254:217-224.
33. Rogers PAW, Macpherson AM, Beaton LA (1988). Embryo implantation in the anterior chamber of the eye : effects on uterine allografts and the microvasculature. Ann NY Acad Sci 541:455-464
34. Murphy CR, Rogers PAW, Leeton J, Hosie M, Beaton L, Macpherson A (1987). Surface ultrastructure of uterine epithelial cells in women with premature ovarian failure following steroid hormone replacement. Acta Anatomica 130:348-350.
35. Gole GA, Gannon BJ, Goodger AM (1982). Oxygen induced retinopathy: The kitten model re-examined. Aust J Ophthalmology 10:223-232.
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Thursday, 9 Aug 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/anne.macpherson