Associate Professor Jonathan George
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 5494|
Please see the George group website for more information on our research.
I studied chemistry at the University of Oxford, followed by a PhD in organic chemistry with Prof. Karl Hale at University College London. I then returned to Oxford to work as a post-doc with Prof. Sir Jack Baldwin and Dr. Rob Adlington. Since 2010 I have been a Lecturer (and now Senior Lecturer) in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Adelaide.
MChem (University of Oxford)
PhD (University College London)
Awards & Achievements
- RACI Athel Beckwith Lectureship (2015)
- Thieme Chemistry Journal Award (2014)
- ARC DECRA Fellowship (2012)
- Aromatic chemistry (2nd year)
- Bioorganic chemistry (2nd year)
- Strategies and tactics of organic synthesis (3rd year)
- Stereoselective synthesis (3rd year)
- Reactive intermediates in organic synthesis (Honours)
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Wednesday, 24 Jan 2018
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/jonathan.george