Dr Tiffany Gill
|Position||Senior Research Fellow|
|Org Unit||Adelaide Medical School|
|Telephone||+61 8 8313 1206|
|Mobile||+61 4 1788 5165|
Dr Tiffany Gill is a Senior Research Fellow in the Adelaide Medical School at the University of Adelaide. She was formerly an NHMRC Early Career Fellow (2011-2015). She is a physiotherapist and epidemiologist with a research interest focusing on the epidemiology of musculoskeletal conditions. She is also involved in the North West Adelaide Health Study, particularly the Musculoskeletal Research Group. Prior to joining the University she worked as a physiotherapist in both the public and private sectors and as an epidemiologist with SA Health.
Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy), SA Institute of Technology
Master of Applied Science (Physiotherapy), University of SA
Graduate Certificate in Health Economics, Monash University
Post Graduate Diploma (Health Sciences), Curtin University
PhD (Public Health), Flinders University
Masters of Business Administration, Southern Cross University
Post Graduate Diploma (Biostatistics), Monash University
The impact of arthritis on the population.
The impact of osteoporosis on the population.
Musculoskeletal disorders and associated risk factors.
NHMRC Early Career Fellowship, 2011-2015, The impact of musculoskeletal disorders.
Arthritis Australia, 2012, An examination of shoulder pain using MRI in older people.
1. Gill TK, Hill CL (2012): Smoking, body weight, physical activity and risk of lower limb total joint replacement in a population-based cohort of men: Comment on the article by Mnatzaganian et al. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 64:1299-1300. doi: 10.1002/art.34325. [Epub Dec 6 2011]
2. Shi Z, Taylor AW, Hu G, Gill T, Wittert GA (2012): Rice intake, weight change and risk of the metabolic syndrome among Chinese adults: the Jiangsu Nutrition Study (JIN). Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 21(1):35-43.
3. Taylor AW, Chittleborough C, Gill TK, Winefield H, Baum F, Hiller J, Goldney R, Tucker G, Hugo G (2012): Relationship of social factors including trust, control over life decisions, problems with transport and safety, to psychological distress in the community. Social Psychiatry & Psychiatric Epidemiology. 47(3):465-473. DOI 10.1007/s00127-011-0354-z. Epub 2011 Feb 25.
4. Taylor AW, Coveney J, Ward PR, Henderson J, Meyer SB, Pilkington R, Gill TK (2012): Fruit and vegetable consumption - The influence of aspects associated with trust in food and safety and quality of food. Public Health Nutrition. 15(2):208-17. Epub 2011 Aug 2.
5. Shi Z, Dal Grande E, Taylor AW, Gill TK, Adams R, Wittert GA (2012): Association between soft drink consumption and asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease among adults in Australia. Respirology. 17(2):363-9. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1843.2011.02115.x.
6. Taylor AW, Winefield H, Kettler L, Roberts R, Gill TK (2012): A population study of 5 to 15 year olds – full time maternal employment not associated with high BMI. The importance of screen-based activity, reading for pleasure and sleep duration in children’s BMI. Maternal and Child Health Journal. 16(3):587-599. Doi: 10.1007/s10995-011-0792-y. Epub Apr 20
7. Daly AM, Parsons JE, Wood NA, Gill TK, Taylor AW (2011): Food consumption habits of South Australians and Western Australians, as measured by a Food Frequency Questionnaire. BMC Research Notes. Nov 23;4:507. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1756-0500/4/507
8. Menz HB, Gill TK, Taylor AW, Hill CL (2011): Age and sex differences in disabling foot pain prevalence using different definitions of the Manchester Foot Pain and Disability Index. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. 12:243.
9. Ward PR, Meyer SB, Verity F, Gill TK, Luong CN (2011): Complex problems require complex solutions: the utility of social quality theory for addressing the Social Determinants of Health. BMC Public Health. 11:630.
10. Martini A, Javanparast S, Ward P, Cole S, Aylward P, Baratiny G, Gill T, Tsourtos G, Misan G, Wilson C, Young G (2011): Screening for colorectal cancer screening in remote, rural and metropolitan South Australia: Analysis of the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program data. Public Health Bulletin SA. 8: 49-55.
11. Adams RJ, Appleton SL, Gill TK, Taylor AW, Wilson DH, Hill CL (2011): Cause for concern in the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications in the community -a population-based study. BMC Family Practice. Jul 7;12(1):70.
12. Martini A, Javanparast S, Ward P, Baratiny G, Gill T, Cole S, Tsourtos G, Aylward P, Jiwa M, Misan G, Wilson C, Young G (2011): Colorectal cancer screening in rural and remote areas: Analysis of the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program data for South Australia. Rural and Remote Health. Apr-Jun;11(2):1648. May 12.
13. Massy-Westropp N, Gill TK, Taylor AW, Bohannon R, Hill CL (2011): Hand Grip Strength: age and gender stratified normative data in a population-based study. BMC Research Notes. 4:127.
14. Shi Z, Yuan B, Taylor AW, Dai Y, Pan X, Gill TK, Wittert GA (2011): Monosodium glutamate is related with a higher increase of blood pressure over 5 years: findings from the Jiangsu Nutrition Study of Chinese adults. Journal of Hypertension. 29(5):846-53.
15. Chittleborough CR, Winefield H, Gill TK, Koster C, Taylor AW (2011): Age differences in associations between psychological distress and chronic conditions. International Journal of Public Health. 56:71–80. doi 10.1007/s00038-010-0197-5.
16. Ward P, Javanparast S, Cole S, Gill T, Ah Matt M, Aylward P, Baratiny G, Carter S, Jiwa M, Martini A, Misan G, Tsourtos G, Wilson C, Young G (2011): The equity of colorectal cancer screening: a cross-sectional analysis of the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program data for South Australia. Australia and New Zealand Journal of Public Health. 35:61-65. doi: 10.1111/j.1753-6405.2010.00637.x. Epub 2010 Dec 9.
17. Hill CL, Lester S, Taylor AW, Shanahan EM, Gill TK (2011): Factor structure and validity of the Shoulder Pain and Disability Index in a population-based study of people with shoulder symptoms. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. 12:8 doi:10.1186/1471-2474-12-8.
18. Shi Z, Taylor AW, Goldney R, Winefield H, Gill TK, Tuckerman J, Wittert G (2011): The use of a surveillance system to measure changes in mental health in Australian adults during the global financial crisis. International Journal of Public Health. 56:367-72. doi: 10.1007/s00038-010-0200-1. Epub 2010 Oct 21.
19. Cole A, Gill TK, Taylor AW, Hill CL (2011): Prevalence and associations of hand pain in the community: results from a population based cohort study. Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology. 40:145-9. Epub 2010 Oct 15.
Board member and Vice President of Arthritis SA.
Member of the Australasian Epidemiological Association.
Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association
Member of the Public Health Association of Australia.
Member of the Statistical Society of Australia.
Member of the International Union of Health Promotion and Education.
Member of the Rheumatology Health Professionals Association.
The information in this directory is provided to support the academic, administrative and business activities of the University of Adelaide. To facilitate these activities, entries in the University Phone Directory are not limited to University employees. The use of information provided here for any other purpose, including the sending of unsolicited commercial material via email or any other electronic format, is strictly prohibited. The University reserves the right to recover all costs incurred in the event of breach of this policy.
Entry last updated: Monday, 18 Dec 2017
To link to this page, please use the following URL: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/directory/tiffany.gill