Graduations Business Rules
There are a number of important rules to be aware of when it comes to conferral and receiving your testamur. Please ensure that you are familiar with the below information.
Conferral of award
- All students are responsible for ensuring that they have an application for conferral in Access Adelaide upon the completion of their program.
- Access to student systems (including Access Adelaide and student email) expires 12 months after the completion date of a program.
- Students are required to link a personal email address to their My eQuals account within 12 months of their completion date, otherwise access to verify their student credentials will have expired.
Receiving your testamur
- All students are responsible for selecting a presentation event in their conferral application in order to receive a testamur.
- Testamurs strictly cannot be issued prior to the nominated presentation event.
For graduates attending a ceremony
- Graduates are only eligible to attend a graduation ceremony that is held within 12 months of their conferral date. It is not possible to defer ceremony attendance beyond 12 months. Once 12 months has passed, the only option is to receive the testamur In Absentia.
- If a graduate applies to attend a ceremony and fails to attend, the application will be automatically transferred to the next In Absentia event. It is not possible to transfer to another ceremony event.
- Graduates receiving more than one award in the same ceremony round will be allocated to one ceremony to receive both testamurs, and only one allocation of guest tickets will be issued.
- Ceremony dates and times are automatically allocated based on the award a graduate is receiving. It is not possible to request attendance at an alternative ceremony.
- Graduates and guests are requested not to book flights or accommodation until the Ceremony Attendance Confirmation letter has been issued in Access Adelaide, confirming the date and time of the ceremony.
- The University of Adelaide does not take any responsibility for refunding bookings for flights or accommodation.
- Graduates who have not registered at the check desk, robed in Academic Dress, at least 30 minutes prior to the commencement time of the ceremony will not be permitted entrance.
For graduates receiving a testamur In Absentia
- For testamurs issued via post, one delivery fee is required to be paid per testamur. If the delivery fee is not paid, the testamur will be released to Ask Adelaide for your collection.
- If a delivery fee has been paid, the testamur will be sent to the 'shipping address' provided in the Online Shop. If the testamur is returned to sender due to an incorrect/incomplete/undeliverable address, the graduate is responsible for paying an additional delivery fee for the testamur to be resent.
- After 12 months, uncollected In Absentia testamurs will be transferred to archival storage for a period for a further 6 years. After this time they will be securely destroyed and a replacement testamur fee will apply in order for a new testamur to be issued.