Getting to the Ceremony
All of our onshore graduation ceremonies are held in the historical Bonython Hall on the North Terrace campus.
Bonython Hall is located on North Terrace at the end of Pultney Street, and there are many transport options for getting to the ceremony.
We recommend that graduates arrive on campus approximately 90 minutes prior to the commencement of the ceremony to allow time for collecting Academic Dress, checking in and attending the pre-ceremony briefing. The guest entrance to Bonython Hall opens approximately 30 minutes prior to the ceremony.
If you wish to travel to the ceremony via public transport, the Adelaide Train Station is only a 10-15 minute walk from the campus. There are also numerous bus stops located only a short walk from the campus. For more information about public transport options, visit the Adelaide Metro website.
Ticketed public parking is available on Kintore Avenue and Victoria Drive. Parking is also available at a number of commercial car parks close to the campus.
For more parking information, visit the City of Adelaide website.
Please note that parking on the University grounds is not permitted without a University of Adelaide parking permit. This includes the underground car park next to Bonython Hall.
The places that you will need to visit on campus for the ceremony are marked on the map.
1. Hub Central - gowning, photography, framing and merchandise
- Level 5 (Mezzanine) - GFP's gowning services are located on the Mezzanine level of Hub Central. This is where graduates will need to go to collect and return their Academic Dress, and collect their graduate ticket.
- Level 4 - You will find GFP photography studios, testamur framing and plaque services. Merchandise is also available from the AUU General Store.
- Level 3 - Ask Adelaide are located at the bottom of the stairs on level 3, and will be able to assist with information.
2. Bonython Hall - ceremony venue and graduate registration (coursework graduates only)
This is where the ceremony will be held. Registration for coursework graduates is via the Eastern door and opens 90 minutes prior to the ceremony. Guests enter through the main entrance approximately 30 minutes prior to the ceremony.
3. Mitchell Building, Level 1 - postgraduate research graduate registration
This is where postgraduate research graduates (Doctor of Philosophy and Masters by Research), Medallists and Mace Bearers are required to register for the ceremony. Graduates should register approximately 60 minutes prior to the ceremony.
4. Ira Raymond Room, Level 3 Barr Smith Library - graduation ceremony live stream
The Ira Raymond Room on level 3 of the Barr Smith Library is set up as a live stream viewing area for guests who do not have a ticket for entry into Bonython Hall. The Ira Raymond Room is opposite the footbridge as you enter the library. Here you will find a seated viewing area, as well as an activity table for children to enjoy while you watch the ceremony.
5. Goodman Crescent Lawns - stage photos and merchandise
On the Goodman Crescent Lawns you will find your GFP stage photos, and also merchandise available for purchase from the Adelaide University Union (AUU).