I Don't Want to Attend a Ceremony
If you won't be attending a ceremony, you can choose to receive your testamur 'In Absentia'.
Please note: the below steps are only applicable once you have been conferred in your award. If you have not yet been conferred, please refer to the information about how to apply for conferral.
The Graduations Office is not able to release In Absentia testamurs until after the presentation ceremonies have concluded and an audit of all testamurs has been complete. Your testamur will be available approximately two weeks after the conclusion of the final in person ceremony.
There are three ways to receive your testamur In Absentia. You will need to ensure that you select your preferred option in your MyAdelaide account when you submit your application. If you do not change your collection option, this will default to collection in person from Ask Adelaide.
Collect your testamur in person from Ask Adelaide
If you elect to collect your testamur from Ask Adelaide, Level 3 Hub Central, you will receive notification via your student email and MyAdelaide once it is available. This will be approximately two weeks after the conclusion of the in person ceremonies. Collection hours are 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
You will need to make sure that you bring some photo ID so that we can release your testamur.
Authorise a third party to collect your testamur from Ask Adelaide
Pay for your testamur to be posted to you
If you are unable to collect your testamur, you can elect to have it mailed to you.
If you still have access to manage your conferral application in MyAdelaide, you will need to follow the steps below to apply for your testamur to be posted to you:
- Log into MyAdelaide.
- Select Graduations in the menu and scroll down on the page to your Conferral applications.
- Click on the Manage Application button, go to Presentation event and click on Update.
- Choose No - In Absentia and select Post (Fees apply).
- Enter the address that you would like your testamur to be posted to, and a phone number on which the courier will be able to contact you if required when they are delivering your testamur.
- Press Save.
- Then click on the Update button at the bottom of the page for your updates to be registered.
Once you have saved your selection you will need to pay the postage fee ($15 for domestic postage and $60 for international postage). A link will appear in MyAdelaide that will take you directly to the Online Shop.
Once you have reached the Online Shop, you can pay for testamur postage by following the steps below:
- Click Add to Cart (note, the amount will currently show as $0.00 as the postage fee is calculated once you enter your postal address).
- Click Shopping Cart in the top right-hand corner.
- Check the details are correct, then click Checkout.
- If you have not used the Online Shop before, click Continue under New Customer.
- Complete the online form to create an account and then click Continue. Important: If your testamur will be posted overseas, please ensure that you enter a phone number that you will be contactable on once you leave Australia.
- Check that your Delivery Address is the address to which you wish your testamur to be posted AND that this matches the postage address that you entered in your MyAdelaide application. If so, click Confirm Order.
- Follow the prompts to complete your payment.
- Once your payment is complete, you will be directed to a web form to collect further details, such as your student ID number and the program that you have studied.
Testamurs are posted via Australia Post within Australia, and DHL for international postage.
Please note: if you do not pay the postage fee, your testamur will be sent to Ask Adelaide, Level 3, Hub Central for collection.
If your testamur has already been released to Ask Adelaide, then you will no longer have the option to manage your application in MyAdelaide. However, you can still request postage by placing an order directly in the Online Shop. To do so, simply follow the Online Shop instructions above.
DFAT Document Verification
If you require verification of your testamur for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), this must be ordered from Ask Adelaide prior to testamur collection or postage.
(Note: if you are ordering DFAT verification in advance of your testamur being released at a ceremony or In Absentia round, please notify the Graduations Office with your order number and receipt number to enable us to note the request and details on your application).