Vice-Chancellor and President
The University of Adelaide is led by the Vice-Chancellor and President, Professor Peter Høj, AC.
As Vice-Chancellor and President, Professor Høj is the University's principal academic and Chief Executive Officer. Reporting to the University of Adelaide Council, he is responsible for the University’s academic standards, management and administration.
A key part of the Vice-Chancellor’s role is overseeing implementation of the University of Adelaide’s Strategic Plan, Future Making.
Updated for 2022-2023, Future Making is now underpinned by two foundational elements: a stronger culture; and financial sustainability. Building on this critical bedrock, the plan sets out how the University is embracing and responding to the accelerating social, economic and technological change sweeping the world to:
- help industry and our next generation capitalise on emerging global opportunities
- drive South Australia’s transition to a knowledge-based economy
- enrich our culture of research excellence to attract the world’s best minds and lead the way to greater global sustainability and human wellbeing
- make a world-class University of Adelaide education available to an even more diverse student body
- strengthen our position as South Australia’s truly global university.