Future jobs and new tech focus for Open Day
Friday, 10 August 2018
Thousands of potential students, their families and members of the community, will take a look into what the future could hold at the University of Adelaide's Open Day this Sunday 12 August.
Open Day is the major event on the University's calendar to assist students in deciding their future study and career choices.
Visitors to the University's North Terrace campus will have the opportunity to hear first-hand from staff and students about the wide range of degrees offered, the careers they can lead to, the quality of education and student support services, the impact of research, and the social and sporting life available.
This year’s open day has a major focus on new technology, innovation and growing careers in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
Highlights of Open Day include:
• More than 70 talks on degrees and study opportunities offered by the University
• Exhibits, displays and activities by schools and faculties
• An interactive display of the high-tech simulation equipment that medical, nursing and dental students learn with at the state-of-the-art Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences (AHMS) building
• A virtual tour of the AHMS building using virtual reality goggles
• STEM hub – with displays and talks about careers in this growing field
• Observatory tour – visit the campus observatory, home of research into the structure and evolution of the universe
• ThincLab Adelaide – take a guided tour of the University’s start-up business incubator, where entrepreneurs can turn great ideas into successful business ventures
• Alumni hub – students and parents can stop by for a complimentary coffee and talk to graduates about how to make the most of their university experience
• Parents chill lounge – a new dedicated space for parents to relax, have a conversation with a staff member from student recruitment and other special guests
• Expo of student services and support in Hub Central
• Music, food and entertainment.
WHAT: Open Day 2018
WHERE: North Terrace campus, University of Adelaide
WHEN: 9.00am to 4.00pm Sunday 12 August 2018