Exceptional selection of summer courses
Wednesday, 8 January 2003
In fulfilling its mandate to provide flexible and accessible education, the University of Adelaide's Summer Short Courses offers something for everyone.
Presented by the Centre for Professional and Continuing Education, and the various University of Adelaide faculties, the Summer Program provides unique learning opportunities to the community.
With everything from languages, business essentials and courses in computer skills, to a range of award and non-award university-level classes; community access courses -- creative writing, writing film, to getting a good night's sleep -- there's lots to choose from.
"By offering summer programs, the University is putting into action its commitment to the cultural, social and intellectual life of our community," the University's Vice-Chancellor Professor James McWha said. "We are sharing the University's extensive resources to provide rewarding experiences and outcomes to those who wish to learn and grow."
Some of the courses include:
- Great Books: Summer with Socrates - how many times have you wished you had studied, or had the time to return to some of the classics that form the basis of our intellectual heritage?
- Beginner's Guide to Writing Feature Films - everyone has a great idea for a movie, but how do you turn it into a sensational screenplay?
- A Good Night's Sleep - this will assist you in getting better sleep and understanding its underlying physiology.
- How to think Strategically and Implement Your Strategic Plan - suitable for senior and middle managers, this will assist you in planning and strategising.
- Manage Y.O.U: Manage Yourself, Manage Others, Manage Up! - learn practical skills and strategies to make your management role easier.
For more information on the Summer Program go to the PCE website: http://www.adelaide.edu.au/pce/