Discover university life at Adelaide's Open Day
Friday, 2 August 2013
The many benefits of higher education and a rich, diverse campus experience will be showcased at the University of Adelaide's Open Day on Sunday 18 August.
The University of Adelaide Open Day is the major day of the year when prospective students, their families and friends visit the University to learn more about study, career opportunities and university life.
New exhibitions and presentations this year will include extracting the DNA of a banana and nursing students recreating emergency scenarios.
"From 2014, all our students will enjoy the benefit of greater interaction with academic leaders at the University of Adelaide. They will partake in our small group discovery experience which is a central component of our education promise," says Professor Pascale Quester, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Academic).
"At Open Day potential students will get a chance to meet academic leaders, explore our innovative learning Hub, hear about study abroad opportunities and get a taste for all the excitement that awaits them when they join our community of learners both on and off campus."
Other highlights on the day include:
- An entertaining professional body painting session depicting the internal makeup of the human body, showing muscles, nerves and skeletal structure;
- Following a trail to recognise key architectural and design features of the University;
- Watching flames dance to the sound waves of music;
- Health and wellbeing checks;
- A scavenger hunt revealing why Law is a useful profession;
- Performances from Elder Conservatorium of Music students.
"All future students, friends and family and the general public are invited to come along and share a great day with us on our lovely North Terrace Campus," says Professor Quester.
For those who can't attend, the most popular talks will be live-streamed on the day.
Open Day runs from 9:00am-4:00pm on Sunday 18 August. For more information go to:
Media and Communications Officer
The University of Adelaide
Business: 08 8313 1776
Mobile: 0414 559 773