COVID-19 Update: Changes to Teaching and Learning Uni services
With course content rapidly moving to an online format, so too are many of the teaching and learning services offered by the University.
The below outlines the changes to the following services and how to access them:
MyUni Support Drop-in service
MyUni Support will now be offering a virtual drop-in centre that can be accessed via this Zoom link. This virtual drop-in centre will be available Monday- Friday from 1pm – 4pm.
Once the Zoom link has been accessed, you will be placed in a virtual waiting room and the next available MyUni Support Consultant will be with you as soon as they can. Please be patient. As this service is in high demand, there may be some unavoidable wait times.
Learning Enhancement & Innovation Remote Support Options
With majority of Learning Enhancement and Innovation now working remotely. A remote support contact list has been put together. This document outlines each of the teams, how they can help and how they can be contacted.
Connect with the Library online
Access the extensive online collections and to connect with us via online methods:
- Access a wide range of online resources and online collections
- Contact your Liaison Librarian
- Use Online Chat, email, or phone to talk to the Ask Library team
- Consult a general or subject specific How Do I guide
In response to the changing demands on resources at present and the evolving situations with partner libraries and book vendors, the following service amendments have been implemented:
- New print book requests from other libraries are suspended and existing requests will be completed where possible.
- Electronic content will continue to be obtained where possible
- Purchase of new print books is suspended.
- Due Dates for borrowed items will be extended. While you can retain issued library materials for the time being, items can still be recalled if requested by other clients.
- Digitisation of print Course Readings is suspended. Use Library Search to identify alternative online resources. Current digitisation requests will be completed where possible.
- Same campus Requests are suspended however requests can still be placed for items held at a different site.
The Writing Centre
One-on-one appointments with writing mentors are now being offered through Zoom, with appointments now available from 10am to 4pm, Monday – Friday (Adelaide Time). Students can now book online appointments via Calendly. Appointments are for only open 48 hours in advance.
Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS)
Currently PASS Sessions have been suspended. However, virtual PASS sessions via Zoom will be launching from Monday 30th March. PASS Leaders will be ready to help you understand and practice the key concepts from your courses. Online sessions will be running at their usual times, via Zoom. You don’t have to feel alone just because you’re staying at home, look out for the Zoom links in MyUni announcements, [check out the PASS timetable], and join online to study with course mates.
The Maths Learning Centre
The Maths Learning Centre now has a virtual drop-in room offered via a MyUni course. To access this service, please self-enrol in The Maths Learning Centre Drop In course here. Students will need to be enrolled in this course to access MLC support. The MLC mentors will respond to discussion board posts and schedule Zoom meetings during regular opening hours from 10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday (Adelaide time).
Access Studiosity in your MyUni course, under “Assignment Help” to get feedback on your work in less than 24 hours, or live, expert assistance on writing, maths, science and economics online from 2pm – midnight, Monday to Friday, and all day Saturday and Sunday. Try Citation Assist to review your referencing.